Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima The Holy Knights ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yellow
 
A few hours later Seth and Rain leave Zion's office with no more extra information than before they entered.
“What should we do?” Rain sits down on the ground in front of a closed fruit stand. Seth walks over to her and sits down beside her. He doesn't have any words of encouragement, there is nothing coming to his mind, he is just drawing a blank.
Rain looks up at the sky the sun has long gone down and the stars have begun to shine along with the two moons already high in the sky.
Seth looks at her, “Maybe Zion would let us sleep inside his office for tonight....” Seth looks at Rain who is smiling up at the stars, “Maybe not.”
Rain brings her knees up to her chest and wraps her arms around them, “This is the first time I've left home with the intention of never going back.”
Seth looks at her with a little more understanding, “You can go back, we'll just have to rebuild it.”
She smiles and shakes her head, “No, I don't want to rebuild, that place is now the grave yard of my entire village and my entire family when I return, it will be to be to join my family. Though by then someone else may have decided to build over it.”
“What will you do then?”
She looks at him, “I guess I'd like to be buried under the tree that is on the hill outside the village, I'm sure no one would ruin such a place.”
Seth leans back against the stand, “Yeah I guess.”
Rain yawns and stretches her arms out, “What about you, are you going to be familiar still?”
Seth doesn't understand the question, isn't a familiar something that is always with its mage until death? That is what Seth has been lead to believe. “Of course, I'll stay with you forever, unless, you don't want me.” Rain blushes at Seth's choice in words. Seth yawns and let's out a big breath, “I don't have anything else in this world so I'll do my best.”
Rain looks at him his eyes seem to be glowing, “You'll try your best?”
Seth looks at her and starts panicing about what she thinks he meant, “I just mean that I will do my best to protect you, since I'm your familiar and all.” She smirks at his new panicky self.
Seth stands up and reaches out his hand, “Come on lets see is we can find a place to sleep outside of town, I'd hate to be robbed of what little stuff we already have. Rain nods and takes his hand.
 
 
After have an uncomfortable sleep Seth and Rain decide to try and search in the slums of the town they are at since if the group isn't in the town they already lost a full day on them and would be untraceable.
Seth looks at Rain who has a cloak wrapped around her to hide her, “feminine features” in the less than honorable looking area of the town, “Stay close okay, I've seen places like this and I'm sure they are the same.” Rain doesn't say it but she shows she understands by pulling the hood of the cloak up over her head.
Seth starts walking down the small alley way with Rain close behind him. For the next half hour Seth knocks on every door only to get a handful of people answering back. He asks if anyone possibly wearing red has gone by or if anyone suspicious has, most of the answer are a no. One door before hitting the end of the last alley a big yellow door at the far back of a dead ended alley way. Seth knocks on the door and a man wearing a yellow wristband answers.
“Yea waddaya wunt?!”
Seth is a little taken back by the man's speaking abilities, “Uhm, I am looking for a man or a group of people who burned down a village, more than likely they are wearing red.”
The man starts laughing at Seth, spitting all the while, “Boy yu've fund yerself in a wholatta troble.” The man reaches out and takes Seth by his shirt and yanks him into the building. Rain tries to follow but the door seems to only open from the inside.
Seth gets flips over the man's shoulder and his body crashes through a table four other men are sitting at. Seth doesn't get up right away instead he takes his time so that he can inspect the room to see if anyone is wearing red, none of them are.
“Okay, why did you do that?”
“If yea know about our brothus than yea needs ta be dealt wit.”
Seth gets up and looks around the room, “You know I destroyed a whole house full of Red's what makes you think all five of you could beat me?”
The man that threw him through the table jumps up and spin kicks Seth in the face dopping him onto his hands and knees.
'I see they might actually be better that the Reds'
Seth gets back up and blocks another spin kick, but is punched in the side of the jaw. Seth shoves the one man back and side kicks the man that just punched him. He quickly ducks under another kick and blocks a second punch. Seth's biscep begins to glow. He punches the man on his left in the gut and the blow knocks him off his feet and down to the floor writhing in pain. Seth does a front flip and slams his feet into the man that yanked him into the building. The contact sends him into the far wall and down to the floor knocked out cold. Seth turns back to the other two yellow clad men and slams his right and left fist into the two of them at the same time both fall to the ground with shattered noses. Seth walks back over to the door and opens it.
“Rain you still out here?”
A cloaked figure comes out of the shadows, “I was going to shoot a blast of fire through the wall but I didn't want to catch it on fire.” She walks in a pulls the hood down, “Are you okay?”
Seth rubs his jaw and the pain quickly goes away, “Yeah I guess my marks make me stronger and feel less pain when they are glowing because I thought my jaw would be broke but I feel fine.”
“Interesting, so did you leave any of these guys conscious enough to talk to us?”
Seth starts laughing and looks around the room at the fallen bodies, “Hey wait a minute there was five of them counting the guy that grabbed me!?”
Rain looks around and notices a curtain hanging from a nearby wall. She walks over and pulls the curtain, “Well looks at that a well hidden hall way.”
Seth walks over and pulls his gauntlets on before proceeding down the hall. The hall has no doors, but there is a light at the end of the hall. At the end of the hall there are steps that lead down into what seems to be a basement to the building.
Seth walks down the steps and finds himself standing on the far end of a large open room with a table and a few chairs on the opposite end.
Two men in yellow are talking to a man sitting in a large chair. Four men wearing red bandanna's are sitting at the table eating a banquet's worth of food. The man on the left looks across the room at Seth and runs over to the man in the large chair. Seth can hear what is being said but when the man in red points at Seth he knows something is up. The man in the large chair stands up and starts walking towards Seth.
The man is close to a foot taller than Seth and his hear is reminiscent to a flame both in color and style. He is wearing a long sleeve blackshirt with yellow gloves on both hands, “My boy and those red losers say you are the one who's been causing so much trouble.”
Seth smiles, “I just don't take kindly to kidnapping and mass murder, if you'd stop then I would too. Just as soon as I find that guy with long black hair.”
“Too bad, your little journey to find him is now over, don't worry I'll bury your body some place nice.”