Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima The Holy Knights ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Zion
 
After a week of tracking Seth and Rain finally reach a spot where the tracks meet a road littered with horse and cart paths. Seth and Rain start walking down the road making sure that they don't miss anything like tracks leading away from the road, but nothing comes up until they reach a large town that has candle light polls lines both sides of the brick road.
Seth looks at Rain, “You know where we are?”
Rain shakes her head, “I can't really tell I never have gone this way in my life. We are going to be basically lost for a while.”
Seth sighs, not something that he wanted to hear, “well let's start asking around if anyone saw a group of odd looking people possibly wearing red.”
Rain nods and walks to the other side of the road and they both begin to ask people on the streets. After an hour of trying both return to the middle of the town.
“Did you find anything out?”
Seth puts his hands in his pockets and looks down the road to the north, “I didn't get anything that would convince me that the people where here. One woman said she saw one man walking down the road with platinum hair like nothing she has ever seen before.”
Rain gets excited at the prospect of a clue, “So why doesn't that sound like a possible suspect in this?”
Seth doesn't want to tell her that he believes that man that burnt down the village is the same man that he let walk away back at the old mansion, “I just don't think he is the one.”
Rain takes him by the wrist and squeezes hard, “He sounds suspicious, I want to find him.”
Seth nods and frees his wrist from her tight grasp, “Fine, follow me.” Seth walks towards the setting sun and Rain follows beside him. A few minutes later they arrive at a small doctors office. Seth points at the sign indicating it, “See this man is a doctor, not a murderer.”
Seth turns so he can see Rain but she isn't there. Seth whips around and she is already standing in front of the door knocking, loudly. Seth quickly runs up the steps and captures her hand, “What are you doing.” Rain's face is red with frustration, “Rain......” Seth lets go of her hand and she calms down a little.
The door opens and a teenager a little taller than Seth answers, “Yes....”
Rain and Seth look up, his hair is a mess of spikes, platinum....
Rain smiles and tries her best to not fling herself at him and start questioning or more seriously interrogating, “Um, we came here too......”
“We need medicine for Morbis, do you have some?”
The teen smiles and shakes his head, “I don't actually have any medicine here, I am a mage, I heal with magic. Do one of you have Morbis, it is rather difficult to heal.”
Rain shakes her head, “No we don't have Morbis and we can't take to our friend because he is far away.”
Seth notes innerly that she basically is retelling Airo's story only using him as the person who has it, “Could you possibly help us.”
Zion looks down the road on both sides, “Yes come in...” Seth and Rain follow him into the building, a very simple home with hardly any furnituree and next to no medical or doctor like supplies to be seen, “I shouldn't be telling you this because it would really hurt the people who make the medicine but, the Morbis elixer isrelativelyy simple to make.....”
Before he can continue Seth puts out his hand, “I'm sorry but we don't actually have a Morbis problem, we actually want to ask you some questions.”
The teen sits down ver calmly, too calmly for inviting someone into their home just to be deceived, “Well, since you are already here you might as well ask.”
Seth sits down in a chair and almost begins to speak when Rain starts, “I am Rain Strine of the Strine village and this is Seth my familiar.” he looks at Seth and Rain with increased interest, “We where away from Strine for a few days visiting Strongest Town do you know of it?”
The teen nods, “Yes a rather simple village where magic and familiars are frowned upon and for the most part shunned, I've been there before.”
Rain nods, “Well we where come back from Strongest Town when we saw smoke rising into the sky, Strine has been destroyed and we are the only two left from the village.”
Seth speaks up, “We followed tracks leading away from Strine in this direction and we lost the tracks outside of this town, we've been gathering information and an old lady said that-”
“That I was a suspicious looking person?” Seth nods, “Most of the people in this town are like that when someone is mortally sick of wounded I am welcome here, but if there are no sicknesses of injuries they treat me like a criminal and would be more than happy to be rid of me.”
Rain looks at him and can't seem to find anything overly unusual about him besides his hair, “Why did you do something that would make them dislike you?”
He smirks, “No, they don't like my magic, like I said, until they need it.”
Seth doesn't like the sound of the greedy people in the town, “Why what is wrong with healing people?”
The teen stands up and grabs a knife, “This is why they don't like it.” He swipes the knife across the front of his forearm creating a small cut. Seth stands up and gets in front of Rain finding the situation a little off. He puts the knife down and backs away from Seth and Rain, “Don't worry this is just a demonstration I'm not going to do anything to you or your mage.” The teen closes his eyes and small sparks start to crackle around his pointer finger on his left hand. He opens his eyes and the left eye is now glowing with a rune inside the pupil. He brings his finger up to his cut and runs it along the bottom of it and the bleeding stops and the cut seals back up.
He sits back down in his chair and with a blink the eye is back to normal, “I have a rare kind of magic, “I don't need a wand, and I don't have a class or element. I can use all the elements including using nature and a few other that I am still working on.”
Rain looks at him and then at Seth, “You are just like him!”
Seth looks at Rain with a smirk, “How do you figure?”
She sighs, “Idiot, the rune was in his left eye, your rune is on your left biscep and Airo's was on his left ankle, you guys are all alike.”
Seth understands, “I guess you are right.....” something dawns on Seth, “We never asked your name.”
The teen stands back up and puts out his hand, “My name is Zion, it's nice to meet you.”
Seth shakes his hand and smile, “this is just like a video game.”
Seth doesn't notice that his thought was turned into speech, but Zion looks at Rain and she shakes her head and smiles.