Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima The Holy Knights ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kai
 
The next day sometime after noon Seth finally wakes up. He sits up quickly and starts to frantically look around, “Rain? Rain.....” He quickly gets to his feet and pulls on his gauntlets. He slowly opens the flap to the tent and peeks outside, around ten men in armor are stationed in random places all around the small camp, “What happened, why didn't I wake up?” He sprints around the back of a tent near a soldier while remaining unnoticed. Seth jumps onto the back of the man and wraps his legs around the soldiers waist. He quickly knocks off the helmut and begins to choke the man. As soon as the man passes out Seth lets go and drags the man into a nearby tent.
While tying up the guard Seth faintly hears Rain's voice. He runs out of the tent and bumps into a man with blonde hair not wearing a helmut. They both fall to the ground but quickly get back to their feet. Seth having not been awake to meet him has no idea that he is about to attack Kai, who he has already been commissioned to help.
Seeing this Kai draws his sword. Seth swings at him but the strike is blocked by the swords handle. Kai flips over Seth even in armor and tries to capture his wrist to pin him to the ground, but Seth rolls forward creating some space between the two of them. Kai lunges forward swiping quickly with his sword, every attack misses. Seth doesn't understand why Kai purposely missed but he doesn't wait and slams his left fist into Kai's gut lifting him off his feet. Seth continues to pummel Kai a little higher into the air with every strike before doing a back flip and connecting with a kick. The strike sends Kai flipping head over heels uncontrollably until he crashes to the ground. Kai gets back to his feet and brings his blade up so that it is just a few inches from his face. He places the blade between his middle and pointer finger and runs them across the full length of the blade. As he reaches the tip he whips the sword down to the side and it starts shooting sparks and bolts of electricity.
Seth watches in awe as Kai takes the lighting blade in both his hands and raises the sword above his head. He quickly realizes that he shouldn't be marveling and prepares for whatever may come. Kai swings the sword towards Seth and all the electricity flies from the blade in a snaking line of lightning. Seth quickly putts both his hands out in front of his body and blasts fire from both hands in an attempt to subdue the lighting blast. Sparks and embers fly in all directions creating a visually stunning display of reds, yellows, and blues. Suddenly a wall of earth rises up and comes between the two blasts. The ground nullifies both attacks and they quickly die out.
Seth looks over and Rain is standing off to the side of the battle her face red, with, rage. She quickly walks over and hits Seth in the back of the head, “You idiot what are you doing?!”
“What are you talking about? I thought we had been captured, we weren't captured?” Seth honestly doesn't understand what is going on, “And if we weren't captured why did this guy over here not try to tell me?”
Rain looks at Kai who is putting his sword back in the scarab at his hip, “You didn't even try to explain?”
Kai looks at Rain and then back at Seth, “This commoner wouldn't have listened, he knocked out one of the guards.”
Seth points at Kai, “Well what would you do if you woke up in some strange place all alone!?”
Kai sighs and runs a hand through his hair, “I would gage the situation properly and wouldn't resort to violence so quickly.”
Seth takes off his gauntlets, “It's easy to say that now, I'd like to see how you'd really handel it.”
Rain takes Seth's hands and looks up at him, “Calm down, I'm okay, see? You are starting to act like a dog, I am a triangle class mage, I can take care of myself too you know?”
Seth looks at the ground, “Yeah, but.....”
“So now that you are awake, perhaps we can start our journey.” Kai removes the rest of his armor revealing a very simple brown shirt and black pants, making him look like a commoner, besides the Albian Knight scarab and sword, “I would like to have this mission done as quickly as possible so I can go back to Wales.”
Rain nods and takes Seth back to the tent explaining what they have to do.
“But Rain I don't get it, why would the prince of another country ask us to help. Does he expect something to happen to Kai along the way?”
Rain picks up Seth backpack and hands it to him, “I don't know, the letter must be important, so maybe he just doesn't want someone to ambush Kai and take the letter.” Rain can tell that Seth doesn't like Kai though she finds it understandable after he attacked him without trying to explain.
“I don't know Rain I just don't like him, the way he looks at me just pisses me off.”
Rain smiles while he back is still turned to him, “Yes well he is a noble Seth, he may look at you like that because you are a familiar or because you are a commoner. Either way I think he doesn't like you about as much as you don't like him.” Rain turns around and Seth is looking at his left arm, “What's the matter?”
Seth runs his hand across the runes on his biscep, “Do you think I'll fall asleep like that after I use this again?”
Rain doesn't see where he is going with the question, “Seth, I don't know, why is there something wrong?”
Seth pulls on a black sleeve he got from Gen, “When I woke up and you where gone, I.......”
Rain gives Seth a hug, “There feel better?”
He almost starts laughing at how childish she can sometimes be, “Yea, but that doesn't really take care of the problem I'm having.”
Rain steps back, “I know, Seth you need to listen because I already said this once, I am a triangle class mage, that means I can control three different elements of magic. If you need to rest then I can protect you, I'm not just some helpless noble like some.”
Seth nods and they both walk out of the tent. Kai meets up with them at the edge of the camp and they continue on towards the Tristain Royal Palace.