Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima The Holy Knights ❯ Chapter 20

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Holy Knights
 
After spending the night together Seth and Rain leave the hospital and to her surprise Seth is have not difficulty getting around, almost the exact opposite. Rain takes in a deep worried breath and goes into Seth's pack and pulls out the compass to the next gang. She holds it tight in her hand but she doesn't look at it.
She spins around and looks up at Seth, “Maybe we should stop?!”
Her words catch him completely off guard, “What are you talking about?”
She reaches down down and takes his hand, “I don't what you to get hurt again. I know you said you won't, but how can you be sure. Every time we track down another gang you get hurt worse!” Seth smiles and now she is caught off guard, “What are you smiling about!?”
He steps forward and puts his free arm around her and holds him to her, “We can't stop.”
When he steps back Rain lets go of his hand and hers drops limply to her side, “Yes, I guess you are right, but I don't......”
“Why don't we get some help then?” Rain looks up at him, “We know at least two people that owe us at least one favor.”
“Who?”
“Airo and his wife. We helped save her life and Airo told me if I needed him than I'd just have to ask and he'd help no questions asked.” Seth turns around and looks in the opposite direction that they have been traveling, “Though that is a long walk in the wrong direction.”
“We can just hire someone to drive us.” Rain pulls out her pouch that is filled with the gold from Henrietta, we can be there and back here in a couple of days.”
“Okay.......”
 
 
 
Getting the driver wasn't very difficult when Rain flashed some of the highly valuable contents of her money pouch. After a whole day of traveling the driver stops.
Seth hops out of the coach, “Why did we stop?”
The driver takes off his tattered hat, “The horses need rest too and food, unless you don't want to make it at all.”
Seth nods and walks away before the driver continues to mock him on his limited knowledge of horses of all things, “Whatever that stupid box on wheels is uncomfortable.” He looks inside the coach and Rain is fast asleep so Seth decided to go train. He finds a stream and sits down beside it and starts to meditate as good as he can considering he hated when Gen made him meditate. After a few minutes of trying to not think of anything he becomes irritated and starts doing exercises and stretches. He jumps into the stream and plants his feet on the bottom and starts fighting an imaginary foe. Every kick and step for a punch is extremely difficult due the the streams strangely fast current. After fighting and effectively keeping his balance he jumps out of the stream and he notices something, “My runes aren't lighting up.” He crosses his arms and sits back down completely frustrated, “What is the point of these things if I cannot even use them when I want to?” He puts his hands together and closes his eyes. After a few moments his mind begins to wander until he finds himself in a dark place devoid of all the things that were just surrounding him.
He stands up and looks all around him just darkness, and a voice that is speaking in a language that he doesn't understand. A bright light appears before him and takes the same of a human with long flowing hair. He doesn't understand what is going on and the figure speaking at him isn't making anything more clear. “I don't understand what you are saying.”
The body of light seems to actually become irritated with Seth and slams it's palm into Seth chest. Suddenly a bright light swells up form inside his body and he cries out in pain as bright white light escapes through his mouth and eyes. Seth falls down and curls into a ball holding himself as the pain only intensifies, “What are you?”
He opens his eyes and he is looking up at the stars, he feels sick, “What kind of meditation was that?” He stands up but suddenly a crippling pain sends him back down to his knees. His body feels like it is on fire as he begins to pant and sweat trying anything to make it all stop. He rolls to the edge of the stream and falls in trying to cool down his body but the cold water has absolutely no effect on him. His body begins to move on its own as his runes begin to glow a bright white instead of the usual blue. He plants his feet and takes a stance with his left foot planted so that his doesn't fall. Though it is horribly painful his body straightens out and his left moves so that it is bent at his side and his fist is closed tight. Suddenly, on its own, his left arm shoots up towards the sky and the bright white light from before in his meditation launches from his hand. The light rockets into the sky like a firework and explodes showing the area in light like the stars themselves have fallen. Seth falls backwards onto the bank of the stream.
After a couple of minutes the pain is completely gone but his runes are still glowing though perhaps a little less bright, “Was that what that light was trying to tell me?”
 
 
Seth tries to explain to Rain what happened to him the night before but she can't fathom what he is even trying to say. Though he doesn't do a good job of explaining a figure of light teaching him how to use his runes. After another half a day of riding the driver stops at the city and Seth and Rain get out.
“What are we doing here Seth?”
Seth points at a familiar sign showing that a certain someone is a doctor, “I just want to ask him, we could really use a doctor, and if he is the left eye of god than he should come with us. You know, destiny and all that.”
Rain puts her hand over her face, “I hope you came up with something better than that Seth, destiny doesn't seem like a really good reason.”
Seth shakes his head, “You'll see...” He knocks on the door and Zion answers, his hair more messy than usual, “Hi Zion, miss us?”
“Seth.....” Zion lets them into his house and they sit down in the same room as there firth visit. Zion pours himself a cup of what Seth can only guess is this world's version of coffee, “So what do you need.”
“You.”
Zion spits out his 'coffee' and starts to cough and sputter, he manges to work a “What” out during his coughing and struggling.
“We would like you to come with us, we are getting a group together of all the left....uhm...left whatevers of God.” Rain puts her hand on her face again in complete awe of Seth's inability to say what he is trying to mean. “Me and Rain have been trying to handle this large group of gangs all by ourselves and the last fight, well I got hurt pretty bad, I almost died. We could really use your help, we need you Zion.”
He looks down at the floor and then around the baren room. “Okay.”
“Okay?”
Zion smiles at Seth's surprise, “Yea, I will help you, perhaps it's destiny that the left side of God were to come together.” Seth pokes at Rain with his elbow laughing about Zion using the word destiny, “Are we the only ones, or are there more?”
Seth nods, “Yup we are going to go get him and his wife maybe, in about a day. His name is Airo and he is the left leg of God. He helped me out before, he is really fast!”
 
 
The group goes back to the carriage now with one extra. On the way to where Airo's village is Zion explains some things to Seth in hopes that he will better understand his powers. Though it turns out to be pretty fruitless so Zion pulls out a book from his pack and begins to read and the rest of the trip is pretty quiet. Seth just falls asleep on Rain, and she looks out the carriage window at the forest or whatever they come across.
After another day they finally reach an old village with some collapsed buildings. Seth is the first to step out and into the broken down village. The three of them walking to the village and there are children running around and old people sitting on porches, a very simply place though it seems to be struggling.
Seth walks up to a young teenage boy, “Is there a man named Airo in this village.” the boy nods and points towards a house that has a roof that looks to be only moments away from collapsing. The group walks over to the house and Seth is about to knock on the door but it swings open before he can.
A young woman with olive colored hair and kind eyes is standing before him, “Yes can I help you?”
“We are friends of Airo and we are looking for him.”
She smiles and nods, “Airo someone is here to see you.”
Airo comes to the door and Seth can't believe what he is seeing, Airo's hair is now short, “Seth, is that you?” Airo shakes his hand and bows to Rain and Zion, “What brings you here?”
Seth feels kinda bad because of the villages poor condition, “I'm here on that favor you owe us.”
Airo nods, “Okay what do you need?”
Rain decided to explain to Airo instead of letting Seth do it. She explains how Zion is the left eye of God and that they are bringing all of them together in an attempt to fight the gangs that they have been slightly successfully fighting on their own.
“I would help you guys but I can't leave my wife or this village I am needed here.”
Seth puts his hand on Airo's shoulder, “I understand, you have a responsibility huh?”
“Yea.”
Rain looks into the house and notices that Airo's wife is using water magic to water plants around the home, “Airo your wife is a mage?”
Airo looks into the house and smiles, “Yea she is really good with water and wind too.”
Rain walks into the home and takes the woman's hands, “Would you please come with us too.”
Everyone is in shock that Rain just said that, “Rain, Airo said that he can't leave the village either.”
Rain looks back at Seth, and then pulls out the pouch, “If I give this to the village they can hire workers to repair the whole village and then they will still have plenty left over to have the workers work for them.”
Airo shakes his head, “I can't let you do that, this is my village and I should be the one to take care of it.”
Rain walks over to him, “Airo your village needs the money and we need you to help us. You can come back here and help them with their new lives after you help us right?”
Airo looks into his house and his wife, “Well?” She smiles and walks towards the rest of the group.
She bows a little and looks at Rain, “My name is Hina, my husband and I would be more than glad to help you. You saved my life.”
Airo puts his arm around his wife's shoulders, “Well I guess we will help you after all.”