Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima The Holy Knights ❯ Chapter 24

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Combat
 
“Rain which way is the compass pointing?” Seth falls backwards onto the ground and puts his arms behind his head as he looks up into the sky. She takes the compass out of a pocket in the jacket she's wearing. The copper colored arrow inside the compass cause Rain to frown, “Rain are you okay, are we going the wrong way?”
She sits down and starts shaking the compass with both hands until she feels satisfied with what she was doing, while gain odd stares from everyone in the group, “It is going in circles. Either we are directly above the other compass or it's broken.”
Zion walks over and looks down at the compass, the arrow is spinning like a top, “Maybe there is something confusing the magic that allows the compass to find the others.”
A woman appears from around the tree line that the road circles around. She is wearing a long pale green scarf that wraps around he neck and then around her back. Her long black hair is tied with a silk blue cloth at the bottom. She stops when she notices the odd looking group before her, “Could I help you?”
Seth sits up and rests his arms on his knees, “It depends, what can you do?”
The woman smiles and puts her hand on her hip, “What do you need?”
Rain tosses the compass to the ground, “Could you tell us where to go,” she mumbles under her breath.
“Actually I can.....” Rain looks over at the woman with a confused look on her face, “If you come with me I'll take you to him.”
Seth gets up to his feet and gets pulls his gauntlets on, “Who are you?”
“My name is Midori you could say that I am your enemies confidant.” She squints and tilts her head, “And at the same time I'd say that I'm not. You could say I'm his wife, his love, his life, and at the same time you can say I'm none of these things.” Seth doesn't understand what she is babbling about, “I'm sorry I haven't had an actual conversation in quite a long time.” Midori turns around and is face to face with Airo, “It seems at least one of you are taking this seriously.” Airo doesn't flinch of look away, “What seems to be your problem olive?” Seth smiles at Midori making fun of Airo's hair color but he is quick to stop when he realizes what he is doing. “Olive if you kill me you'll never find who you are looking for.”
Seth walks over and puts his hand on Airo's shoulder, “That's not his name, and luckily for you it seems we don't have any other choice.”
She smiles and looks back at Airo, “Move....” He steps to the side and Midori starts walking back down the road the way she came. After about a mile of walking Midori leads them toward what looks like a wall in the forest. They reach the wall and she pushes on one of the rocks and a rectangle section of the wall falls into the ground. She turns around and bows swiping out her hand beaconing them into the complex.
The group goes into the open area that was blocked off by the stone wall. Besides the building on the far corner of the area only ground and rocks cover the area. The door to the building slowly opens and a man with green sunglasses walks out. “Welcome to my home!”
“He looks like the others.” Zion uses his eyes to scan the man, “He is the original, I can tell by his aura.”
The man sits down on a large rock and crosses his right leg over his left, “Do you know me?” Seth removes his sleeve but the man raises his hand and Seth stops, “Do you really expect you can kill me, I'm not like Tayo I do not enjoy fighting, I don't enjoy the way it makes me feel, but I do love the feeling that I get when I kill those weaker than me. I'm not like Kleer, I'm not into weapons and science, I won't be so easily defeated.”
Seth tears the sleeve and charges forward despite Rain shouting at him. Seth slams his fist into the ground releasing a shockwave of earth magic that causes the rock Kuro is sitting on to explode. Seth looks up as Kuro reaches the apex of his jump, “AIRO!” Kuro looks up as Airo appears in front of him and swipes his knife at Kuro just catching Kuro's shoulder as he dodges the attack in mid-air. As Kuro fall to the ground a bright light appears below him and suddenly Seth is kicks in the side by a second Kuro. Seth hits the ground while Airo is struck higher into the air by a kick to the jaw. Rain uses her fire magic to create a wall between Seth and his attacker, while Hina uses her wind magic to help Airo land on his feet. Kuro charges at the girls but Zion uses a bolt of lightning to shoot right through him. He falls to the ground and turns to dust. Zion is struck from behind and falls down onto his face. He starts to turn over when Kuro kicks dirt into his eyes.
Seth jumps into the air and slugs this Kuro in the face but is kicked into the nearby wall by yet another copy. Seth turns around and gets kicked in the throat for the trouble. Rain hits the one that kicked Seth in the throat with a fire ball and watches as he burns alive. A light ten times brighter than the one before blinds everyone. As the light dies five more Kuros are standing with the original.
“I told you that you can't win, even if you could never tired your mistakes would lead to your inevitable down fall.”
All six of them use the wind sphere technique from before and they all fire at the same time towards the group. Seth runs in front of Rain and Hina and takes his right hand and clutches his left wrist and points his palm at the incoming spheres. The loose dirt and gravel by his feet begin to crack as the air around him grows thick and begin to crackle. With a loud roar a beam of pure energy flies from his hand and connect with the sphere in the middle causing it to explode and blows the others towards the walls. When the other sphere hit the stone walls the explosion cause the enclosed area to be covered in a think for of dirt and debris As the dirt clears Seth is breathing heavily through his mouth and falls to his knees and then forward to the ground. Rain looks around the area most of the walls are destroyed and have fallen.
Midori is standing outside of the crumbled walls, she looks exhausted and he shoulder has a cut on it. Rain looks over at the Kuros one of them has a cut in the exact same place. Airo runs over to Seth and rolls him over onto his back. Seth removes his right gauntlet and hand it to Airo. Airo takes it and looks at the other one, the entire front is blown away one the top of the hand to the wrist is remaining, barely.
“What should I do with this?”
“Lightning is fast right?” Seth says with a smile and he closes his eyes. Airo rests Seth's head back down on the ground and stands back up.
He slowly slides his hand into Seth's gauntlet and watches as it shrinks and grows until it fits his hand like it was built just for him. His rune begins to glow and he puts the gauntlet to his chest, “Hope this works.....Fulgar.” A jolt of lightning passes into Airo body and suddenly he vanishes only a puff of dust kicks up from where he was standing.
Kuro looks around but he can't located Airo. One of Kuros falls to the ground a deep X shaped gash begins to quickly gush from his back. Before Kuro can turn his head two more copies fall these to with deep wounds in the side of their skulls. Kuro quickly create a wind sphere around himself just as the last of his copies fall to the ground. Airo reappears and he skids to a stop his body is completely covered in sweat and his legs are trembling. He passes out before his limp body hits the ground. Kuro lets his sphere die as he notices what is left of his opponents two are down one is still trying to see and one of the women ran away.
He smirks as he makes his way towards Hina. She quickly lashes a wind whip that hits him in the cheek. Kuro lets the blood drip from of his chin and waits expectantly for something. He glares at Hina when something doesn't happen.
“MIDORI!”
She slowly walks out from behind one of the badly damaged but still standing walls, with Rain right behind her holding a fire ball on the tip of her wand. Rain speaks from behind Midori, “If you try anything I'll lite her head on fire!”
Kuro doesn't even blink, “Do it Midori.”
She closes her eyes and the drop of blood begins to glow as her face begins to cut open in the same place Hina cut Kuro. Rain starts screaming at her that she will burn her alive but as the flash erupts and fades Rain can't make good on her promise. Midori runs behind Kuro and his new copy.
Rain falls to her knees and looks at her wand the fireball that was once large and powerful is now gone. “Rain......” She looks over at Seth who is reaching for her, she runs over to him and helps him sit up.
“I couldn't do it.”
Seth smiles as he gets up to a crouched position, “That isn't you, I knew you wouldn't do such a thing to another real human.” She wants to say something but she just stays on the ground as Seth slowly, shakily rises to his feet. Seth slowly walks towards his enemies he pauses to look at Airo who is trying to stand but his legs are completely dead, he smirks and him and then continues on.
Zion makes his way to Rain who still isn't standing and he kneels down in front of her, “I need your help.”
The copy Kuro runs at Seth and connects with a crossing right that levels Seth but he somehow manages to stay on his feet. The impact causes his lip to split open and blood begins to slowly flow down from the corner of his mouth. The Kuro runs at him again but this time Seth spits blood in his face causing him to miss his punch. Seth slams his fist into the copies gut with as much force he can muster up. The attack doesn't really affect the copy very much and he just takes off his glasses and connects with a spin kick sending Seth spiraling to the ground.
Rain and Hina are both sitting in front of Zion with their wands pointed at his left and right eye slowly removing pieces of dirt that he can't remove himself.
The copy picks Seth up by his wrist and puts his foot up and stomp on Seth's chest driving him backwards and Seth can't hold himself up as he trips over his feet and falls back to the ground. The copy stands over him and creates a wind sphere around the both of them. The copy smiles as the sphere begins to close around Seth and the clone steps back out of the sphere. The sphere slowly begins to close in all around him and he can't touch the sphere because the wind has become sharp like a razor blade. The copy begins to laugh as the wind closes in and begins to cut into Seth but just as his blood hits the ground the wind disperses.
The copy falls to the ground and clutches at his heart. Seth falls to the ground and looks up at the strange sight that caused everything to happen. Zion has finally gotten all of the rocks and debris from his eyes thanks to Rain and Hina. Using one of his hidden magics he has controlled a weed to grow into a vine that snakes up and pierced through the back of Midori and then continued into the real Kuro. The tip of the vine has begun to grow a single white flower bud.
Midori falls forward against Kuro's back and she wraps her arms around his chest, “My love....”
He falls forward as his last breathe repeats Midori's words.
 
 
A man in a long white coat is sitting at a large round table, eight chairs total all with different symbols and all different colored cushions. Only three of the chairs are being used.
An elderly man is seated in a chair that has no color significant to the others it is a rather simple wooden chair but by the way the man in the white coat is looking at him it is obvious he is the leader.
“Shiroko, are you prepared?”
Instead of words just laughter answers back, insane laughter, as the man leans forward into the light that is shining down on the table. His face is scarred and his shaved head has two tattoos that snake all over his head seeming to never end.
“Prism are you sure about this? Shiroko is obviously insane, he can't be trusted.” The man in the white coat looks over at the insanely laughing man and scowls at him.
Shiroko stops laughing and lunges forward but as the rest of his body enters the light chains become visible as they are wrapped all over his legs, arms, and chest. A large turtle shell like weight is on his back that has a large keyhole in the center of it to remove it. “Come on Prism, you know you want me to do this, you already asked, IT'S ONLY FAIR TO LET ME NOW!” Shiroko releases a roar of irritation at the chains and weights all over his body, “let me loose, I'LL KILL THEM, I promise, I'll even come back so that I can take care of PRETTY BOY OVER THERE!”
The man in white stands up and tosses something onto the table, “You could never kill me, you are just another failure to this group, no better than Tayo or that red bastard Que.”
The man bows to the man he called Prism and walks back into the darkness surrounding the table.