Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Price of Power ❯ The Last ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Price of Power

Second Half

By AMCM74

Chapter 26 - THE LAST

It had been an entire year since the fight between Goku and Vegeta. Trunks stood holding his squirming son, Ichiro in his arms, as Pan grabbed a few last minute items for his baby bag.

"Pan, Honey, hurry up." Trunks was eager to be off, not long ago he and Blizzard had finally finished gathering all the DragonBalls. "Everyone is waiting to make the wish."

Pan frowned and stood up straight the long black hair falling loose around her face. "Everyone?" There was deep questioning her voice as she rushed forward holding out the two new bottles of formula. One bottle was handed right to the little Trunks miniature. The child grabbed the bottle and quiet down immediately. The other dumped into the diaper bag that was slung over her mate's shoulder.

Arching an eyebrow Trunks began to feel more like a pack mule then a father. He nodded to his mate's question and answered softly "Everyone." He knew exactly whom Pan was concerned about. "Marron is not overly excited about having Garron there, but Bra is insisting on it." He looked down at his son and smiled warmly. "Marron was far more secure about it when Blizzard has agreed to come along. It is odd the way the dreaded Ice-Jin dotes on the children."

"He is the last of his kind. Add that to the fact that he will more then likely never have any of his own. There is that he spent his entire life hiding and alone with no one. The kids he can relate to." She reached over to touch her son's soft cheek "Marron just wants Bliz there to make sure Goten does not take Garron from her." Pan sighed deeply moving away from her family to open the door. Trunks walked past her and stopped when Pan asked "Is Q coming?"

Trunks' expression brightened and he chuckled. "I will never get over the day she transformed. It was so damn funny."

Pan frowned "She deserved what she got. I have to admit I like her better this way although, I don't know if she is warming up to Yamcha yet or not. I think I saw her blushing about him the other day."

Trunks just laughed harder. "She sure keeps her distance from my father that is for sure. If they had been on Vegeta-sei when he learned of the treason that was committed he would have had her killed no matter what, but Goku makes the rules here." Wrapping his arm around his mate. Trunks added, "I think that is the main reason he will be happy to get back to Vegeta-sei. Q has not made up her mind if she is going to stay here or go back. Time is running out for that decision."

Pan shook her head and looked up at Trunks "I think she is staying here." She put her hand up to cut Trunks question off "Don't ask why. You have to know that if she returned to Vegeta-sei in her present state it will be a blow to her honor."

"That is true. Maybe when we go to visit someday we can force her to go with us."

"Your cruel."

"Thank you."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~



The large group gathered around the dragon balls. Bra was clinching her hands to her chest in eager anticipation.

Bulma was kneeling before the balls carefully arranging them. She was half sorry that the time had come. Being on Earth with her friends and family was like a dream come true for her. Vegeta had even settled into her childhood home well. It was by no means as luxurious as the palace, but he was contented there. She had been ecstatic when he let it slip that he would not be opposed to taking a few vacations there.

Blizzard stood next to a nervous looking Marron. It was stunning to think that an Ice-jin would be standing amidst the revelry of Saiyans. The odder part was Vegeta stood not to far away from him completely at ease. He looked over at his new best friend. The child Garron was growing strong and fast, under his helpful guidance. Reaching out her mussed the child's black spiky locks with one hand. Shocking he was here to wish back the boy's father, a man Blizzard had a hand in killing. The winds of fate were certainly blowing anew since that cold day on a far away world. It seemed that at last peace had come to his life, and it was gratefully accepted.

Marron had Garron's hand held firmly in her own. She kept darting weary glances at her air car. It was clear she would simply love to blot at any moment. This was the thing she had always dreaded. Goten meeting Garron. Having the two come together was like a dark beast gnawing at her soul. It just had to be the sheer uncertainty of it all. All she could do was hope and pray that things worked out well.

Bra had insisted that Marron come today. Garron's stepmother was very loving and attentive to him. She seemed to harbor no ill will toward the child or his mother. In fact she had basked in the child's existence and claimed it was the only thing that was getting her through her mate's absence.

Garron swayed from side to side. He was very excited this day had finally come. Every one kept telling him what a lucky boy he was. That today he would get to get to meet his Daddy. Bra and Uncle Trunks had told him stories for over a year now. Recounted tales of heroism and sneaky mischievous tasks that Goten had spread around the universe. He knew he father was a strong and brave man. Garron was proudly proclaimed to look just like him. It was the little child's dearest hope to grow up to be equally impressive as his father. Although he doubted he would be as well traveled from the look on his mother's face. T ask him today was better then Christmas and his birthday all in one.

Vegeta stood crossed arms staring directly ahead. It was amazing seeing this Eternal Dragon being summoned for this momentous occasion. Still he was not about to show his emotions. After all he was still the King of Vegeta. He used the superior power of his will to squelch the trembling that took hold of him when he saw the glowing beast. This was the one way to get Goten back, and at that moment it was Vegeta's most heartfelt desire.

Bulma spoke her wish with Goku standing by her side. There was hardly a waver in her voice. She had done this before and lived through far more traumatizing things. As the dragon disappeared Goten appeared before them. The glow hovered in the sky for a moment before the magical ball streaked in several different directions, although no one was paying attention to that.

The dark warrior spun and looked around himself with confusion. "What the hell?" He locked his gaze on the group of people who stood behind him. Almost instantly he pinned on Blizzard and he dropped into fighting stance. "YOU!!"

Bra ignored the initial reaction. All that mattered was her mate was back. She rushed to him and tossed her arms around his neck knocking him off balance and onto the ground "GOTEN! Oh, Goten, your back." She locked her arms in a death grip around his torso and began to sob.

Goten struggled to pull his affectionate mate from his body. "But, but… ICE-JIN!"

"That can wait!" Bra laughed as she rained kisses over his face. "Just shut up and KISS ME!"

Garron jumped up and down. A maniacal little giggle erupted from him as he hopped up and down. "That is my DADDY! That is my DADDY!" He pointed to Goten looking at his mother and Blizzard

"Yes. It is." Marron clung to the child's hand waiting for Bra to greet him, before allowing Garron to plow into the man.

"OF course he is!" Garron arched on little brow at his mother in a `Didn't I already tell you that' way. Then the little eyes went back to the large warrior comforting his mate. "I know because he looks just like me. HEY… HEY! Am I going to get as BIG as he is? WELL SOMEONE TELL ME?"

Trunks hugged Pan close and held back his tears of relief. It was an answered prayer to see his best friend restored to them. Pan held Ichiro close to her and rubbed her cheek against her mate. *It is all right, Trunks. He is like a brother to you.*

*I am so glad he is back* Trunks smiled knowingly.

Standing away from every one was Q who tossed her hair over her shoulder and wiped her hands on her dark denim jeans. She had her back to the crowd of people. Life was so damn unfair!!

"Are you alright?" Yamcha laughed and ruffled her hair. He giggled as she spun on him with a look of wild anger. "Your not upset over this turn of events are you?"

Q turned and punched him with all she had. It only made him laugh harder "I hate you."

Yamcha dropped his hand on her shoulder. "Of course you do."

Goku walked over to Marron and lifted Garron into his arms. Turning to Goten, he smiled "You may need to greet this little fellow."

Goten stopped and stared. Slowly his hands dropped from Bra's shoulders. He looked at Garron and then to Marron "No…"

Bra pulled Goten closer to his father. "Ohhh yes, and you just wait until you get to know him. He is the most unruly child I have ever met. Takes after you completely."

Goten walked over to Garron and smiled "Hi I am Goten… who are you?"

Garron's eyes sparkled with laughter "I am your son, silly."

Trunks moved forward and looked him over before pulling the other man into a warm hug "It has been too long old friend." He let go and pointed behind him "As you can see. Things have worked out nicely for me as well."

Goten blinked at an embarrassed Pan, who held Ichiro so that Goten could see the child's face.

"He looks exactly like you…."

Trunks nodded. "I could say the same for yours." Trunks gave and evil grin. "So much time has pasted since we first arrived on this planet. You know I think it's time for us to settle down and leave the adventuring up to those little guys."

Bra looked from Trunks and Goten and then to Garron and baby Ichiro. "Heaven help the universe… It's happening all over again!"







The end.

I would like to say that The Price of Power has been my most popular piece of work so far. Although it is not my favorite, if you want to read more T/P and enjoyed this story check out my first fic I Never Dreamed. (If your wondering FATHERSDAY is my favorite O.~ ) Most importantly, I want to take this moment and make a plea to readers to review the fanfictions they have read. Authors work very hard on their stories, but tend to loose heart with lack of feedback. I have been blessed with groups of wonderful readers that have driven me on with words of inspiration and a few with helpful criticism. Please help me pass on this gift to others.

AMCM74