Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Goddess ❯ Genma's Acceptance of Womanhood ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A Ranma One Half/Sailor Moon/Ah! My Goddess crossover Fan Fiction
By Michael A. Ivins
 
Ranma, and all of his/her friends and family are the creation of Rumiko Takahashi. I do not own any of them, nor do I own any of the characters from Ah! My Goddess or Sailor Moon. I'm writing this for fun, not profit. I'm so poor that suing me wouldn't do you much good.
 
WARNING: This is a sequel to a previous fic I wrote called, “Nodoka's Lessons.” That was a Lemon fic. While there won't be as much emphasis on sex (it will be more implied than described) in this sequel, it will deal with subjects like incest. If these subjects offend you, stop reading.
 
Chapter 14
Genma's Acceptance of Womanhood
 
Ranma had been fighting to stay awake. It was a losing battle. She jerked awake when she felt Sailor Pluto's hand on her shoulder. In a slightly hurt tone the Senshi of Time asked, “Am I boring you?”

The redheaded goddess shook her head. “I'm sorry. It's not the teacher or the subject. I had a rough day in weapons practice. I was wounded and my sensei wouldn't let me stop and heal myself.”
 
“What? Why not?”
 
Ranma explained, “He told me that if I were in real combat against a real enemy they wouldn't let me stop to heal. A real enemy would likely use the injury to gain an advantage on me and maybe kill me.”
 
Setsuna looked thoughtful. “There is some justice in that. Still, it seems unnecessarily harsh.”
 
“Tell me about it.” Ranma shook her head. “I didn't know I could heal myself while in the middle of combat. Maybe that was the point of the exercise.”
 
Sailor Pluto nodded. “Maybe it was.”
 
The redhead shrugged. I didn't have a chance to recharge my energy before I came here and I ate all of the chocolate I had with me. I would have stopped at a candy shop in Asgard, but that would have made me late to meet up with you.”
 
The Senshi of Time had to think about that for a moment. “There's a candy shop in Asgard?”
 
Ranma nodded. “I'm not the only deity who uses sweets of one kind or another to recharge with. I've been told that the chocolate at this one shop is better than anything you can find on earth. I was hoping to get a chance to try it.”
 
Setsuna frowned. “Well I can't have you nodding off when I'm trying to teach you important information. I don't exactly keep a supply of chocolate on hand here. I'll have to correct that oversight later. In the meantime, what can charge your energy besides chocolate?”
 
Ranma looked a little embarrassed. “Well, as a sex deity, my primary way to recharge is through intimate contact with one or more other people. That could mean anything from kissing and snuggling up to sexual intercourse.”
 
The Senshi of time seemed to think about that for a time. “Well, if that's what you need to stay awake…” She sat on the couch next to Ranma and leaned in to plant a kiss on her lips. To herself she was saying, “Aha! Now I get a chance to start on my plan.” It started as a fairly chaste closed-mouth kiss but quickly escalated to dueling tongues.
 
Some time later the two women found themselves on a futon on the floor. Both were nude and coming down from a mutual orgasm. When she was able to speak coherently, Ranma commented, “Maybe I shouldn't kiss you anymore. Every time I do, it seems to lead other things.”
 
Setsuna laughed. “If it ends up like this every time, maybe you should kiss me more often.”
 
“You don't mind?”
 
An expression of disbelief was on her face as the Senshi of Time demanded to know, “Why would I mind making love to a goddess? It was a totally amazing experience. Considering that you and I will be making a baby together after you give birth to yours, maybe doing this sort of thing now isn't a bad thing.”
 
A bit sheepishly Ranma admitted, “I'm still getting used the whole sex deity thing. I hope that being a sex goddess doesn't mean that I turn into a total slut.”
 
Setsuna shook her head. “You shouldn't worry about it. That last time I really needed it and probably needed it this time. I don't think you are just going around indiscriminately having sex with every person you meet.”
 
“Not yet at least.” Ranma said, “As to whether or not you needed it… Well you'll have to admit that the whole `losing your job' thing has you pretty uptight.”
 
The older Senshi considered that. “Yes, I suppose I am `uptight,' I feel a lot more relaxed right now. Can you help me with this again in the future?”
 
Ranma thought about that for a moment. She rolled over and got to her feet. She said, “I would be willing to do that. By your acceptance of me, you do demonstrate that you are not totally against the idea of sex with another woman.”
 
Getting to her feet as well, Setsuna said, “I suppose not. Why do you bring this up?”
 
Ranma explained, “When I was at your house I got a chance to take a closer look at your friends Haruka and Michiru. A closer look than I could take at the Senshi meeting. I could sense that the two of them love each other very much. In fact the feeling they have for each other is as strong as what I feel for my wife and mother. Their love is so strong that they would be willing to share.”
 
“What?”
 
The goddess gave the green haired woman an appraising look. “I get the feeling you thought Neptune and Uranus were just being polite when they invited you to join them in their bed. I could tell that they feel more than simple loyalty to you as a leader and the Senshi of Time. They love you as a friend and would like to have you as a lover.”
 
The green haired woman looked stunned. “They… love… me?”
 
Ranma smiled and said, “Don't you think you are worthy of love?”
 
“Worthy?” Setsuna wasn't sure what to think. “I don't know. How can they love me? I'm always so cold to them.”
 
Ranma shook her head. “They live in the same house with you. Don't you think they would have come to know you well enough to see past the cold exterior you present to the world?”
 
The Senshi of Time stood silent for a time. Finally she said, “You've given me a lot to think about.” She summoned her sailor fuku.
 
Ranma summoned her senshi battle suit. Because of the armor cloth the outfit was made of, battle suit seemed a more appropriate name for the clothing.
 
Now finished with their love making, Ranma was fully energized and able to pay full attention to the lessons that Setsuna wanted to teach.
 
The love making between Ranma and Setsuna became a regular fixture of their training sessions, even when Ranma didn't need to recharge her energies.
 
It took a few days before Setsuna felt comfortable enough with the idea of love with the other Outers to approach her housemates. It was in the evening after Hotaru had gone to bed. Haruka was reading a magazine about motorcycle racing, while Michiru was reading about classical music in a different magazine.
 
The green haired woman walked up in front of the other women. When they didn't look up from their reading right away, Setsuna cleared her throat to get their attention.
 
The other two women looked up and wondered what was going on. Setsuna was almost always the embodiment of calm and control. While she now had the outward appearance of perfect calm, they could tell that their friend was nervous. That didn't seem right.

Haruka spoke up, “Did you have something you wanted to tell us, some Senshi business maybe?”
 
The Senshi of Time shook her head. “No, not Senshi business. This is more personal.”
 
Both of the other Outer Senshi put down their magazines and gave Setsuna their full attention.
 
When she was sure she was relatively calm, Setsuna asked, “The times you invited me to join you in your bed, were you joking about that? Were you teasing me?”
 
Haruka frowned. “Joking, teasing… No.”
 
Michiru said, “We wouldn't joke about something like that.”
 
“Ranma recently told me something, I wasn't sure what to think of it.”
 
Michiru asked, “What did she tell you?”
 
Setsuna hesitated. “It was about your feelings toward me. She has the power to read emotions. She said you feel more toward me than just friendship and loyalty.”
 
Blushing, Haruka confirmed, “Well, that's true.”
 
Continuing, Setsuna hesitantly said, “She said that you two… love me.”
 
Michiru quickly got up from her chair and pulled Setsuna into an embrace. With her lips next to Setsuna's ear she whispered, “Yes, we do love you. We have for a long time. When we asked you to join us in our bed we weren't joking, or teasing. We want to share our love with you. But we love you too much to try and push you into something you might not want.”
 
Haruka was standing now and put a hand on the green haired woman's shoulder. “I didn't think you swung that way. Michiru and I have talked about this a lot. We decided that we'd make the invitation but leave it at that. We weren't going to repeat it a lot because we didn't want you to feel pressured. If you wanted to accept the invitation, we'd welcome you.”
 
Michiru pulled back from the embrace enough to plant a gentle kiss on Setsuna's cheek. She then asked, “Have you reconsidered your stand on this question?”
 
Sailor Pluto answered, “Ranma and I have been making love with each other every day when she comes to learn about the Gates. I… guess I do swing that way. But I still like men.” That last was said in a firm tone.
 
Haruka reassured her, “We never thought you didn't. This just means you are a little more open minded than you thought. If you like both men and women it means you're bisexual instead of a lesbian.”
 
Setsuna surprised herself by planting a lingering kiss on Michiru's lips. She was not surprised when she felt the other woman's tongue probing at her lips. She opened her mouth and thrust out her tongue as well.
 
When the two of them separated, Haruka suggested, “This is something that might be better to talk about in the bedroom. That is of course, if you are willing, Setsuna.”
 
The green haired woman nodded and smiled. “Yes, I think I am willing.”
 
They all headed toward the bedroom. Sometime later three nude figures were lounging on the big bed in the bedroom shared by Haruka and Michiru. The blonde said, “I'm going to have to thank Ranma next time I see her. I'm so grateful she persuaded you to try this.”
 
Michiru said, “I find it so strange that in twenty thousand years you hadn't tried it with another woman before Ranma.”
 
Setsuna frowned. “I didn't say I never tried it with another woman. I just never enjoyed it before on the few times I did try. I used to think that meant that I was straight and couldn't enjoy it with a woman.”
 
Now curious Haruka asked, “When was the last time you tried it with a woman?”
 
Thinking carefully she finally said, “I think it was back in Atlantis shortly after the death of my husband, Seth Ran.”
 
Michiru just shook her head. Haruka gently caressed Setsuna's breast and said, “So it's been thousands of years. I guess you didn't consider that your attitudes might have changed in that time.”
 
“No, I didn't think about it,” Setsuna confessed. “I just assumed that was how I was and only took men as lovers after that.”
 
Michiru offered, “It does make a difference if you love your sex partner. It makes the experience so much better. It turns simple pleasure into true joy.”
 
Haruka said in a thoughtful tone, “I wonder if Ranma would be interested in participating in a foursome?”
 
Setsuna had to laugh. She pointed out, “Ranma's a sex goddess. Of course she'd be interested.”
 
Michiru had a curious expression on her face. “Would you be willing, Set-chan?”
 
The green haired woman thought about it. “I think I would if it's with Ranma and you two.”
 
The blonde toyed idly with one of Setsuna's nipples. She said, “Would you like to invite her?”
 
The oldest of the Senshi nodded. “Yes, I think I would like to do that.”
 
The invitation was issued and Ranma did agree to meet with the older Outers. It became a regular thing they did together every week
 
* * *
 
The family was gathered at the waiting room for the maternity ward of Takahashi Rumiko Memorial Hospital. Those gathered were there to show moral support to Tendo Genma who was about to give birth.
 
Soun was seated on a couch, chain smoking. Akane, Ranma and Nodoka were sitting far enough away that they didn't need to inhale any of Soun's smoke. Kasumi and Nabiki were there but Kasumi's husband, Dr. Tofu, couldn't come because of patients he had to tend to at his clinic. Genma's niece, Toshi was present in her female form.
 
They had already been in the waiting room for an hour and a half. Ranma was getting bored and was idly turning Proteus Blade into a number of alternate shapes. She knew better than to make it into a weapon while in the hospital so she was forming it into the Time Key staff, a quarterstaff and several other non-lethal forms. The rest were trying to ignore what Ranma was doing the same as they were trying to ignore Soun and his chain smoking.
 
At the moment Ranma had the hollow metal tube she used as a quarterstaff in her hand and was causing it to alternately lengthen and shorten. She commented, “If they had let me go with her, I could have used my healing power to ease the process and the baby would already be born now. It's not that I mind Pops experiencing a painful birthing, but this is taking too long.”
 
Nodoka chided her daughter, “Ranma, it has only been an hour and a half. It took you four hours to be born.”
 
The goddess sighed. “I know that, mom. From my past lives I can remember being in labor ten hours one time myself. I'd just like this to be over.”
 
Nodoka laughed. “I'm sure Genma would like for it to be over too.”
 
Akane leaned over and whispered to Ranma, “Would you stop playing with that thing? People are staring.”
 
With a sigh, Ranma formed Proteus Blade back into a bracelet and put it on. To have something to occupy her active mind, the goddess pulled the Terra computer out of stuff space and turned it on. Akane looked over her shoulder, curious about what her spouse was working on. When she saw that the screen held a schematic diagram for some type of hi-tech device her eyes sort of glazed over and she leaned back on the couch.
 
Ranma had been studying one of the control circuits for the Gates of Time. While Setsuna has said she must be able to build a functioning set of Time Gates from scratch, in practical terms, it would be a mammoth undertaking. The level of technology of the current world civilization was not up to the kind of construction needed. If it ever came down to actually building one, Ranma would likely have to use divine resources.
 
When she had been transformed into a goddess Ranma had dropped out of school. A couple months later she had gone back and taken a battery of tests and passed with flying colors. She had been awarded a high school diploma.
 
With the training she was receiving in Heaven and from Sailor Pluto, Ranma was learning material that was college level and beyond. Thanks to her access to past life memories the goddess could easily qualify for a bachelor's degree now and could likely get a Masters degree with little effort. While she would never openly admit it, Ranma was reveling in the learning experience. She devoured new knowledge like a starving man did with food.
 
The intensity of physical training had slacked off as Ranma had taken everything they could throw at her and now she finally had a chance to practice some of the things they had taught her. She had been working hard to integrate all she had learned into her own martial arts style, although there was so much that she was essentially inventing a whole new style.
 
While the physical training was reduced, academic education was stepped up. Thanks to past life memories, expanded memory capacity and other divine abilities, Ranma was absorbing these teachings like a sponge. One of the major differences between this and what she had slept through in high school was in the presentation. The teachers in Heaven knew ways to teach that made the student eager to learn.
 
Akane picked up a magazine to read. Ranma with her nose in a book (or the computer) was boring company. She was grateful when Nodoka engaged her in a low voiced conversation. Nabiki and Kasumi were chatting on the other side of the room. Soun seemed to be in his own little world as he contemplated the glowing end of his cigarette. Toshi was reading a book.
 
As time continued to pass Kasumi got up and fetched sandwiches for everyone from the cafeteria, at least for everyone except Ranma. The goddess thanked her sister-in-law but declined the offer of food. She wasn't hungry.
 
After they got to the three hour mark Soun got up and began pacing nervously. Others did get up to stretch their legs, but they sat back down. Ranma was typing on her computer and pretty much ignored everything else around her.
 
It was just after five hours had passed that a nurse came out and walked up to address Soun. “Are you Tendo Soun?”
 
“Yes. What news do you have?”
 
“Congratulations, Tendo-San. You are now the father of a healthy baby boy.”
 
“How is my wife?” Several of the people present winced at hearing Genma referred to in that manner.
 
The nurse smiled. She said, “It was a difficult delivery but Mrs. Tendo is a very strong woman. She's tired but she came through it in good condition. You can go see her now if you wish, but you'll have to put out the cigarette,”
 
Soun quickly stubbed out the cigarette and the let the nurse lead him. The rest of the family followed.
 
Shortly they were gathered in a hospital room with Genma's female form in the bed. Soun rushed forward and hugged the woman in the bed. She patted his back and told him, “Well, old friend, you finally have a son of your own. When we first met so many years ago I would never have believed I would be the mother of your son. This was an amazing experience, but I think I'd like to wait a while before doing it again.” The rest of the people listening weren't sure if she was joking about doing it again.
 
The slender martial artist pulled back from the hug but just enough to kiss Genma tenderly on the lips. To the rest of the family that action was a shock. For several months the rest of the family had only minimal contact with Genma and Soun. Now they could see that the movements, the attitude expressed in that kiss were eloquent of true affection. Ranma's empathic sense could detect true love.
 
Soun released the hug and finally said to the mother of his child, “Genma, I have something I need to tell you. We shared a friendship forged under the harsh treatment of that demon we used to call Master. We loved each other like brothers.”
 
He paused as if nerving himself up to say what he wanted. “In the time since your curse was changed so you would became a woman instead of a panda, in the time you were carrying my child, my feelings for you have changed. What I feel for you is no longer the love of a friend or brother, but rather the true love of a man for a woman. I know that this is a terribly selfish thing to ask, but I would wish that you would agree to stay as a woman and remain with me as my wife until death parts us.”
 
Jaws dropped and all family members looked on with expressions of acute astonishment. None of them had expected to hear the elder Tendo make such a declaration of love for one who had previously been a man. Indeed, Genma was not just a former man but one of the most macho jerks in existence. For something like this to happen there would have had to be a major change of attitude in Genma. Surely it would have taken more of a change than just becoming female.
 
The former man looked up at Soun and studied his face for a time. Finally she said, “I don't know if I even can change back to a man. I think Toshi did something to me to either make me permanently female or at least lock the curse.” She cast a significant look at her niece who was conspicuously looking elsewhere.
 
After a pause she continued, “Even if I could change back to a man, I'm no longer sure that I want to. I have learned that all of the things that I used to say about women were wrong. Ranma showed me that she could be strong when she is a woman and I was still strong too.”
 
Genma reached out and took Soun's hand. “If you ask it of me, my friend, my lover, my husband, then I think I can agree to stay as a woman for the rest of my life.” The two martial artists held hands and gazed deeply into each other's eyes.
 
Ranma shook her head. She said loud enough for everyone to hear, “I'm apologize for intruding on this tender moment. If getting the girl curse is what made this change in my father possible then it's a shame you didn't get that curse from the start, instead of the panda curse.”
 
There was a murmur of agreement all around.
 
Ranma went on, “Since this comes into my area of responsibility, I have learned some things about transgender curses in particular and Jusenkyo curses in general. They are imposed on a person to teach them an important life lesson. If the person who is cursed learns the lesson and takes it to heart the curse can go away on its own.”
 
She stood silent for a moment. “I don't know what you would have learned from being a panda. As far as I could tell you didn't learn anything from it. I didn't notice any change in your behavior other than the whole hiding while signing `I'm just a cute little panda.' From being a woman you have obviously learned a lot. I think you learned even more from being pregnant.”
 
The goddess continued, “This is where we come to the exception to that `learn the lesson and the curse goes away' rule. If the cursed person is better off in their cursed form than they were in their birth form, then the curse may stay in place. I have the power to change things so that your current form is your true form and you lose the ability to change. In effect you would be cured of the curse but stay female. The side effect is that you would be immune to any further effect from any Jusenkyo water. Do you want to do that?”
 
Genma looked slightly stunned. “I would be a real woman, all the time and for the rest of my life?”
 
The goddess nodded. “That's right. Technically you are a real woman right now, even if only temporarily. If that weren't true you couldn't have gotten pregnant and given birth. What I'm proposing is to remove the `temporary' out of that. With the male you removed you should start getting even more feminine over time until you are a woman in spirit as well as body. I think you have already moved a little way in that direction.”
 
Genma seemed to consider that for a moment before she grimaced. “Can I sleep on it? I'm awfully tired and could really use a nap. I don't think I should try to make a decision that important when I'm half asleep. I never really understood before how giving birth to a baby was such hard work.”
 
The goddess smiled. “Of course you can sleep on it. I'll come back tomorrow to talk to you some more.”
 
Ranma paused a moment before saying, “Regardless of what you decide, I'm not calling you Mom. I have a mom who I love very much. To me you are still Pop or Pops even if you go all woman and become more feminine than Kasumi. (Although I doubt it very much that will happen.)”
 
The woman on the bed nodded. “I can live with that.”
 
Ranma took on a stern expression. “You'd better take good care of my little brother. I'll be checking up on you and Soun from time to time. You'd better not try any of the crap you did on me.”
 
Genma said in a soft voice, “Akira.”
 
“What?”
 
“His name is Tendo Akira,” she said.
 
“Oh?” Ranma grinned. “Cool! That's like one of my all time favorite anime.”
 
Soun spoke up. “That was my grandfather's name.”
 
“A good name it is too,” Ranma soothed. “Just do a better job of raising this kid did than either of you did with me or your daughters. Remember, you'll have a goddess watching you.”
 
Genma nodded her head then closed her eyes and laid her head back on the pillow. Ranma gestured with her hand and said, “Let's go. She needs to get some rest.”
 
The rest of the family began moving toward the door but Soun sat in a chair. He told the rest, “I'd like to stay with her for a little while.”
 
After they got out into the hall Nodoka told everyone, “I think we should go home now. She's likely to sleep long enough that there's no point in staying here.” They all went to their respective homes.
 
The following day Ranma went to visit at the hospital. When she entered the room she found a scene she would not have expected. Genma was in a chair with one of her breasts exposed. She was holding her infant son who was suckling at the nipple.
 
The goddess just stood for a time and watched. She knocked on the open door to get her father's attention. The martial artist mother looked over at her visitor. She didn't stop feeding the child but smirked and said, “My daughter the goddess.”
 
Ranma smiled in response. She commented, “People keep forgetting because the only divine form they've seen me in is female. I'm also a god. I'm not going to be able to show that form off until after my twins are born.”
 
Genma nodded before saying, “I may not say it often enough but I'm proud of you, my son who is also my daughter.”
 
“Thanks Pops,” Ranma acknowledged. “I have to ask if you remember what I talked to you about yesterday. I know you were kind of tired and sleepy at the time so I'll understand if you forgot.”
 
The woman glanced down at the baby at her breast then back to the goddess. “Yes, I remember. I've thought about it. When I first got stuck as a woman, I hated it. I was probably like you were at the start. But the months that went by and feeling the changes in my body as I felt this new life growing inside made me understand things I never did before.”
 
“Oh? What has this experience taught you?”
 
She looked down at the baby again. While doing so she said, “I learned that all of the things I've been saying and believing about women are wrong and in a lot of cases just plain stupid. I learned that I have treated you badly… I've treated everyone badly. One of the largest factors in my change of heart was Soun's love. I often ask myself what I did to deserve such feelings from anyone.”
 
“How do you feel about him?”
 
“I'm not sure,” admitted Genma. “Part of me still feels the friendship that comes from shared hardships. Over time it has come to be far more than that. After what I have done to him and his family, I don't understand how he could love me like he does.”
 
“Have you asked him about this?”
 
“Yes. We talk in bed. It was really hard for me to talk about my feelings at first. He told me that he first participated in the little orgy after my curse was changed out of a desire for revenge on me for my using our friendship to get him to turn female and let me have my way with `her' while I was a panda.”
 
She paused as the baby stopped suckling. She rocked the baby gently until he fell asleep. She turned back to Ranma. “After our little meeting in the park when you told me I was pregnant I got very depressed. I think Soun felt guilty about getting me in that condition. He tried to make it up to me. It was really strange. He was treating me like a woman he was trying to cheer up and I liked the attention.
 
“You were depressed?”
 
Genma frowned. “Don't you think I had enough reasons to be depressed? Think about it. I was a martial artist who had dedicated her life to the Anything Goes School. I had tried to raise you to become a Master of that school. Then I found out that the school was founded by a perverted demon who pursued the Art only to further his perversions. Then my son and his wife renounced the school. I don't blame you for doing it, but it was just one more blow to my spirit.”
 
She continued on, “I was really confused by all of the sexual things going on. I found that my son was having an affair with my wife and that my wife hated me and divorced me. My son in the form of my daughter wanted to have sex with me. That, while pleasant, was immensely confusing.”
 
“Then along came my nephew or niece… whatever, who offered to free me of the panda. I wasn't thrilled that I would be turning into a woman instead, but as it was pointed out to me, at least I'd still be human in my cursed form. Then I found out that I was stuck as a woman and finally I found out that I was pregnant.”
 
Ranma frowned on hearing that. “You seemed alright after I told you.”
 
Genma got up and put the baby into a crib in the corner of the room. When she got back to her chair she explained, “After I left you I was going over everything in my mind. It all became a big jumble in my head and after a while seemed to be like a huge weight on my spirit. I locked myself in the guest room and didn't speak to anyone for days.”
 
The goddess nodded. “What brought you out of it?”
 
“It was Soun,” she said without hesitation. “When he found it was his child I was carrying, I think he lost all thought of getting back at me. He talked to me, he hugged me and treated me like I was his wife. He was kind, sympathetic and caring. I found myself reacting like a woman and enjoying the attention. At first I was angry with myself for responding that way. Then I started to tell myself that I was a woman right then, so why shouldn't I allow myself to take comfort in being treated like one.”
 
Ranma considered that. “So I would guess that you sort of liked being treated nice.”
 
The woman shrugged. “Yes, I did like it. Soun was wonderful. He still respected my ability as a martial artist but was kind and attentive to my needs. He stopped being such a crybaby. Then there was also the sex. We have been going at it like a pair of newlyweds up until I got too big. Even then we did other things. Soun is very… inventive.”
 
Before Ranma had become a sex goddess she might have protested being told that, but as it was she felt interested. After considering this she finally said, “So you liked being treated as a woman and now you want to be one permanently?”
 
Genma looked down at the floor and said softly, “When you say it like that, it sounds silly.”
 
The goddess put on her best sympathetic smile. “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make it sound unimportant. I was just trying to sum up the situation.”
 
Genma didn't respond. She just sat and idly picked at a seam on the robe she wore.
 
Ranma said in a thoughtful tone, “There must be a lot more to Soun than I thought there was if he could convince a male chauvinist like you were that you really want to be a woman. Maybe all he needed was the right woman to come out of the shell he hid himself in all those years. I think helping you was how he dealt with seeing the Anything Goes School ended.”
 
The new mother looked surprised to hear that. “Are you saying I was the right woman? I wasn't even acting like a woman at the start.”
 
The goddess pursed her lips in thought. After a moment she said, “I think he may have seen something in you that not even you recognized. When your world was so completely destroyed you were hurt and vulnerable. You were not feeling like the macho martial artist. It appears that Soun could see that and tried to help you on a different level than you were used to.”
 
The redhead paused a moment. “What I proposed to you is a one way deal. Once it's done I wouldn't be allowed to reverse it. You just gave birth to a baby. After doing such a very female thing, it's natural that you don't feel very manly. I'm not sure if I want to make you permanently and totally female until you've had a chance to recover and let your hormones to get back to normal.”
 
“No!” Genma's vehemence surprised Ranma and herself as well. “I was a horrible person as a man. I was rude, manipulative and abusive to you and others. I was a thief and all manner of other bad things. I was thoughtless, ignorant and foolish. I fear that if I go back to being a man, I would go back to behaving that same way.”
 
The young goddess let out a sigh. “Being female doesn't guarantee that you'll be a good person. It's like it is for anything else. There are good women and bad ones and most are somewhere in between. I think the important difference here is that when you started to embrace your femininity you began to reject all of your bad character traits. You identified them with being male so that may be why you are so keen on staying female now.”
 
She paused before continuing, “Part of my job as Goddess of Yin and Yang is to counsel people who are confused about their sexuality. It looks to me like you qualify. I would be failing in my duties if I didn't point out to you that you could simply try to be a better man instead of dumping your masculinity.”
 
The new mother replied, “I know this will seem out of character for me, but I spent a lot of time since I woke up from my nap yesterday thinking about this. If I turned male again it would be a constant reminder of the bad person I was. I think it would be a temptation to slip back into my old ways.”
 
She cast her eyes down on the floor again. “It took the loss of my manhood to make me realize what a crime I committed against you by taking you away from your mother. I've seen how it was for Soun's daughters and how losing their mother has hurt them. I know that Akira needs a mother and I think that I'd prefer to be a full-time mom than changing back and forth.”
 
Ranma bowed her head in acknowledgement. “There's one final alternative I can offer you. I could lock you in female form for now so you can perform your duties as a mom. Then, after you feel Akira is sufficiently grown up to deal with it, I could unlock your curse. That could be a few years or maybe until Akira is a teenager. On the other hand I could make the change I told you about later as well.”
 
Genma frowned. “That's very tempting.” She sat quietly and thought. After a few minutes she spoke up again. “That process you spoke of, `becoming female in spirit as well as in body?' Would I change faster if you completely remove the ability to become male instead of just locking me?”
 
The goddess nodded. “Yes, you would change faster. If you just get your curse locked the male you would still be there, out of sight and out of reach but still in your thoughts. If I make you an uncursed woman the only thing male about you would be your memories and what masculinity remains in your personality. That might just result in you being a sort of tomboyish woman, which is not necessarily a bad thing (especially for a female martial artist.) If you decide you want to go ahead with this you will ultimately be the one who decides what kind of woman you become.”
 
While she didn't want the chance to back out now, Genma could understand that she might change her mind later. “You wouldn't be able to reverse it later?”
 
The goddess shook her head. “I have the power to reverse such a change, but I wouldn't be allowed to do it. With my license I would be allowed to make the change now as long as you are willing and truly want it. To reverse it later I would have to submit paperwork that would need to be approved and I've been told that stuff like that almost never gets approved.”
 
Genma looked at her daughter. “I can't believe how much you have matured over the last few months. I guess being a goddess agrees with you.”
 
Ranma smiled. “It's more than that. Part of the package when I became a goddess was being able access memories of past lives going back thousands of years. In many of those I lived to a very ripe old age. In fact in one I was a martial arts master who lived to the age of 150. Having all of those memories does mature a person.”
 
For the first time the redhead could remember she could see the pride shining in her parent's eyes. She liked the feeling it gave her.
 
Genma finally said, “Do it! Make the change you told me about.”
 
Ranma nodded. She pulled out a cell phone and said, “There is one little formality that I need to take care of. Because I am still technically an apprentice, I have to get permission. Trust me, this is just a formality.”
 
She hit a button for speed dial and waited. A moment later she spoke into the instrument, “Saotome Ranma, goddess of Yin and Yang, class 3, category 1, apprentice license. I've got something I need to get Ok'd.”
 
She gave a description of the situation. After she finished she said, “I need official permission to change her into an uncursed female.”
 
There was a pause. “Yeah, my father. I found it hard to believe too.”
 
Ranma listened some more. “That's right. She wants it. I offered to just lock her until the kid gets old enough to understand the change, but she refused.”
 
After another moment she frowned and said, “No, that doesn't make her my mother.” She went on, “Yes, she would now be a female parent, but she didn't give birth to me. I've got a mother who I love very much who did that.” She listened then said, “If you say something funny then I'll laugh at it. Do I have the approval to do this?”
 
She listened for a while more then said, “Thanks,” and turned off her phone. She put the phone away in stuff space. With a sigh she said, “My supervisor thinks he's the funniest deity in the universe. He does get in a good one sometimes, but mostly his jokes just fall flat.”
 
Now a smile lit up her face and her goddess marks began to glow. “Now, let's get down to business.” A white glow spread out around her and the light coming from her goddess marks became nearly blinding. Genma briefly felt a tingle over all of her body then it subsided when the lights faded out.
 
The older martial artists examined her feelings. After a while she finally said, “Was that it? I don't feel any different.”
 
Her daughter laughed. “It doesn't always have to be flashing lightning and booming thunder. As to feeling different, you wouldn't. At this stage of things it is more of a spiritual change than physical. Your male self is gone. Physically you are completely female and there is no curse magic in you. You are also immune to the magic of Jusenkyo. You could go swimming in the pools and nothing would happen to you. You would also be at least resistant to any other magic that might try to change your gender. The only way you could become male now would be with sex change surgery.”
 
The new mother looked disgusted. “There's no way I would go through something like that.”
 
The redhead nodded. “I didn't think so. Like I said before, you now have only your memories of being male. Over time the way you see those memories will change. You will likely remember that you were male on an intellectual level, but more and more your current feelings will start to color how you see those memories. Likely you will start to remember past events as if you were female at the time and will need to remind yourself that you were male.”
 
Genma nodded. “Perhaps that would be for the best.”
 
Ranma smiled. “Just because you are fully female now doesn't mean that you have to turn into housewife. Women can be good martial artists too. Look at Akane and me. If you ever try to say Akane's not a strong martial artist be ready for a fight.”
 
The female father frowned. “But the Anything Goes School is dead with its founder. Would I have to learn a whole different school of martial arts? I'm not sure I'm ready to do that at my age.”
 
The goddess shook her head. “First, your female form is physically younger than your male form, so you're younger than you think. Second, the school doesn't have to be dead. I know that old demon Hap used the school to create all sorts of techniques that were used to help his perversions. That doesn't change the fact that there is a solid core of sound martial moves that would be a good basis for a new school.”
 
In a doubtful tone, Genma said, “A new school?”
 
The redhead nodded. “That's right. You and Soun need to examine everything the Anything Goes School teaches and eliminate all of the moves that are only for the purpose of perversion. Things like the technique to steal panties and bras without taking off the outer clothing need to be eliminated or modified to be legitimate martial arts moves. Once you've done that you can start up a new school under a new name and start teaching it.”
 
“What about you?” Genma wanted to know “Will you be teaching in the new school?”

Ranma shook her head. “I can't. I have resurrected the style I taught in a past life and into that I have incorporated the moves I've learned from divine teachers. The martial arts style I practice now includes magic, throwing lightning, fireballs and so many different kinds of energy blasts that I could easily kill a mortal if I'm not careful.”
 
Genma took a moment to consider that. “Have you really advanced that much in the Art?”
 
The goddess nodded. “They've been throwing techniques at me as fast as I could take them and you know I can learn quickly. You and I haven't sparred in several months. Since I began training in Heaven, I'm in a completely different class. When I fought Saffron, Akane almost died and I only barely beat him. If we were to replay that fight as I am now, I could beat him easily.”
 
The older woman weighed that for a time. Finally she said, “Considering that you were a martial arts master in a past life I think you might be able to suggest some modifications to the old demon's moves.”
 
The goddess agreed, “I'd be happy to help you with that. Oh, before you think to ask, I can't teach divine moves to a mortal.”
 
“Damn! You know I had to ask.”
 
“Of course,” the goddess acknowledged. “But you have to understand that some of the moves I can do now would kill you just to try them. I'm not trying to put down your skills, but a mortal human body just isn't built to take some of the energies I can handle now.”
 
“I understand.” She was very disappointed.
 
Ranma looked over at the crib and said, “I guess I'd better get going. In the years to come I'll be interested to learn how you tell Akira that his brother is also his sister and divine.”
 
Genma laughed. “I've been wondering about that too. Fortunately I have a little time to think about an answer before he gets curious about it.”
 
The goddess smiled and nodded. “I'll check in on you from time to time to see how you're doing.” Then she just vanished as she teleported out of the hospital room.
 
 
Author's Note: With the large number of Ranma fanfics that have been written I doubt what I did with Genma is completely original. Still, I hope I gave it an original twist. Let me know what you think.
 
To Dumbledork - I felt that a foursome with the Outers would be more natural than Setsuna getting together with Ranma, Nodoka and Akane. I'm sorry I didn't get more descriptive here. However I have plans for where things are going with Ranma and the Outers that will show up in a later chapter.