Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Expect the unexpected ❯ Chapter three: The brain works hard ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Setsuna-chan : Hi everyone! We're back with the third chapter. And I'm still good as ever.
Warstock and Red Dux: So are we! Hey, Disclaimer! Come and join us!
Disclaimer: Hi! You guys are back with another chapter, that's great! I'm looking forward to its contents.
Setsuna-chan: You and the readers will have fun. Definitely!
Disclaimer: chibi Setsuna-chan and Warstock-Leonhart (whispers: with the help of Red Dux) don't own Beyblade or any of the characters from the show. However, they do own the character's you don't recognise and the plot.
 
Chapter 3: The brain works hard
 
After a little chase, Takato surrendered to the idea that Setsuna was keeping the tape. It was not the fact that the tape existed that he feared. He genuinely feared that Setsuna would blackmail him with it. And he certainly did not need that to happen. His mind needed to concentrate only on Beyblade. But his head, instead of working for strategic moves for his blade, was forming a plan to retaliate on Setsuna. What kind of joke could he pull on the girl? He knew he could count on Satoshi for help, but he needed an idea and fast. During the entire time they were at the restaurant, Takato thought, searching for the proper way to take the tape without being caught. After eating, they went back to the hotel and entered their respective room. That's when the idea came to his mind on how to retrieve the tape. All of the hotel rooms had a balcony and his was next to Setsuna's. He also knew that her door connecting the room to the balcony was unlocked, since he was in the girls' room earlier.
-“Sat! I need your help!” said Takato.
-“What for?”
-“I want to retrieve the tape. So, I need you to get the girls out for practice.”
-“Okay! And you?” asked Satoshi.
-“I'll pretend to take a nap. You just have to cover me!”
-“Do you really think they'll buy it?”
-“We'll have to try to find out. After all, Setsuna is not that easy to fool.” answered Takato.
-“Okay! Let's try!”
Satoshi picked the phone and dialled the girls' room number.
-“Hello!” answered Reanne.
-“Huh! Huh! I, I, I, I'd like to … to … to know if youwanttogopracticewithme?”
-“What? I didn't get a word you said, Satoshi.”
-“I want you and Setsuna to go train with me.” repeated Satoshi.
-“That's better!” said Reanne. “And Takato?”
-“He's taking a nap as we speak.”
-“Okay! We are coming over.”
Satoshi hung the phone and picked his launcher and beyblade. He heard someone knock softly on the door. He opened and saw an irritated Setsuna and a laughing Reanne.
-“Where is he?” asked Setsuna, in an angry tone.
-“Who?” replied Satoshi.
-“Mr. I'm-to-sick-to-train, who else!” said the fuming captain.
-“Oh! He's sleeping, I guess. He hasn't moved since he went to bed.” answered Satoshi.
-“Well! Let's get going.” said Reanne.
Satoshi closed the door and the trio went in slow pace to the park where the boys sang and danced. As Satoshi and Reanne were about to start, Setsuna got up from the bench and returned to the hotel. Satoshi hoped that Takato's plan was over as he saw her leaving. He then turned his gaze back and concentrated on his training with Reanne.
Two minutes after the girls and Satoshi departed, Takato got up and opened the glass door leading to the balcony. Lucky for him the distance between his balcony and the girls' was not that big. He got up on the ramp and jumped, landing on the girls' balcony. As he predicted, their glass door was unlock and he slipped inside the room. He went to Setsuna's bag, which had a big picture of Kai on it, and looked at it.
-“No wonder she prefers Kai to everyone else.” he muttered to himself.
He opened the bag and captured the tape. Carefully, he lifted the object out. With the tape out and in his hand, he lifted his head smiling proudly to himself. His smile faded as his eyes made contact with someone: Setsuna. His concentration must have been intense because he didn't hear her unlock the door.
-“Uh-Oh!” said Takato. “Hum! I just came to pick something that belongs to Satoshi and me.” he said waving the tape at her.
-“Oh! You mean this one?” said Setsuna, getting a tape out of Reanne's bag.
-“Huh?” replied the confused boy.
-“You see, Takato, I used my camera prototype.” she started to explain. “It let me record the same thing twice in one shot. I knew you'd be trying to take it so that's why I used my prototype.”
-“Damn it! You got me there!”
-“Yeah! And pretty good, too” replied the girl and added: “Now I'd like you to go into your room, pick your beyblade and come train with us.”
Takato hung his head down and made his way to go out of the room.
-“Fine! At least it is something I'm a bit good at.”
Setsuna whacked him as he passed by her.
-“Don't say that! You're the one who scored the first victory at the Nationals. You are not as good as me, but you have talent.” she said.
-“Coming from you, I'll take it as a compliment.” said the boy.
Takato went to his room, picked his Wing Flame and the two bladders went back to the park. Setsuna and Takato trained a bit, then they made a four against four battle, which Setsuna won. Then the team sat down and Takato asked Satoshi:
-“Hey! Who can't you wait to go up against in the championship?”
-“You know who!” answered Satoshi, blushing slightly.
-“Sat! It's against, not with whom!”
-“Oh! Probably Max! I'd like to test his defensive shell! And you?” finally said Satoshi.
-“Well! Any beautiful girl would do!” said Takato, earning death glares from Setsuna and Reanne.
-“I'm kidding! Tyson or Rei might be good opponents. What about you, Reanne?”
-“Anyone would do. I don't particularly favour anybody.” she answered casually.
-“As for me…: said Setsuna. “… I would like to face Kai. Maybe he'll see how good and pretty I am and maybe he'll ask me…”
-“We know! Ask you out and live happily ever after. Put a sock in it!” blurted out Takato, interrupting Setsuna.
Setsuna shot him a death glare and if her glares could kill, Takato would be lying on the ground, eyes and mouth wide open and unanimated. She then rose from the bench and started to leave towards a tree which she sat under. Reanne went to her knowing how mad she was and tried to calm her captain down. Takato followed the girls with his eyes and then turned to talked with Satoshi.
-“You really made her mad this time. You're lucky she can control herself to not launch herself at your throat, otherwise you'd be dead. You should go and apologize.” said Satoshi.
-“…”
Takato got up and suddenly froze on the spot. Satoshi followed him.
-`No! Tell me that I'm dreaming!” said Takato.
-“You should go talk to her, Takato.” said Reanne. “ Huh? What's up with you?”
Satoshi wasn't listening to Reanne nor Takato. He was looking around and suddenly shouted:
-“Hey! Isn't that…?”
 
Warstock: Ah! Ah! Ah! There's a cliff-hanger. What did you say? We're mean? Yeah! So what? That is how we wanted to do things.
Setsuna-chan: Got an idea! Why don't you leave us a review to tell us what you think about the story so far and maybe you can try to figure out what Satoshi and Takato saw.
Red Dux: Yeah! And come back to see the next chapter. You'll find if you were right or not.
Disclaimer: Hey, guys! I like that chapter. Are you a genius, Setsuna-chan? A double recording camera. Takato really got fooled this time.
Setsuna-chan: In real life, I'm not really a genius in electronics. To be honest, I suck literally in that domain. Warstock is the one who actually came up with the idea. He made me a genius, probably because he wanted his character (Takato) to be a joker, like Tyson.
Red Dux: Anyway, see you readers in the next chapter and don't forget to review. Leave your opinion about the fiction and your idea on what the characters probably saw. It'll make us really happy to hear from you. Thanks!