Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Expect the unexpected ❯ Chapter four: And the teams meet ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Setsuna-chan: It's us again! Sorry it took us a really long time before updating. But we had problems of keeping in touch with each other and I'm now at the university, so my time to update is really limited.
Warstock: And I had problems with my computer. Anyway, we're here now, so we hope you didn't completely forget us.
Setsuna-chan: So… do you think you guessed right? What or who is it that Takato and Satoshi saw? Hey! Disclaimer?
Disclaimer: (entering in a popped sound) Yeah?
Setsuna-chan: Can you do your job so people can stop hearing us and go on with the story?
Disclaimer: Sure! They do not own Beyblade or its characters. They do not own the song `I believe I can fly' either, which belongs to R. Kelly. They do own the characters you don't recognize and the plot of this story.
Setsuna-chan and Warstock: Enjoy the fourth chapter!
 
 
 
 
Chapter four: And the teams meet
 
“Hey! Isn't that…”
“No! Don't even think about saying it.” growled Takato.
“Uh-Oh! Guys, watch out!” yelled Reanne.
“Wha?” Takato turned and saw that Setsuna saw what she shouldn't have seen. He rapidly put his hands to cover his ears. Satoshi wasn't quick enough as Setsuna let out the most high-pitched sound she ever made.
“KAI!!!” she yelled as she ran to him.
“Oh boy!” said Reanne.
“I think it's a `Run to Kai, run!' isn't it?” asked Takato.
“Yup!” said Reanne. She then turned to face Satoshi and asked him: “Satoshi, are you alright?”
“What? I don't hear a thing!” responded Satoshi.
“I think he's deaf, right now.” answered Takato while laughing. He then started to walk towards Kai to save him from the green haired girl.
Setsuna ran as fast as she could and literally jumped and hung around Kai's neck. Kai was kind of surprised to see someone actually daring to hug him that way. He then took the girl away from his neck and put her beside him before walking away. Setsuna tried to run towards him again, but even if she moved her legs, she wasn't going anywhere. Takato held her by the back of her shirt, preventing her from going after Kai. Setsuna then made a sudden move to face Takato and, in a flash, she punched him under his chin, sending him flying. As he flew in the sky, Takato sang:
“I believe I can fly! I believe I can touch the sky!”
BANG!!!!!
Every person present in the surroundings turned their head in the same direction and laugh at the sight: Takato had landed on top of Satoshi. Both boys rose up in a hurry, slightly blushing from embarrassment and dusting themselves up.
“Why the heck did you hit me?” Takato asked to a laughing Setsuna.
“Then if you don't want it to happen again, don't ever restrain me.” responded Setsuna.
Then turning to look at her bestfriend, she said:
“To bad we didn't have the camera with us, right, Reanne? It would have been a great idea for blackmailing.”
“I agree!”
“Oh no, you don't!” said an irritated Takato and Satoshi.
“My! My! What an eager bunch you are! You must be the Tsubasa Elite! One of the two new teams entering the Championships.” spoke a voice well-known to the world.
“Mr. Dickenson!” shouted the BBA Revolution, the Tsubasa Elite, as well as the other teams who arrived just in time to witness Setsuna's spectacular hit, namely Bega League, Blitzgriek Boys, White Tiger X, All Starz and the Majestics.
“They're one of the two new teams?” asked Kenny.
“Yes! I personally invited two new teams to join the World Championships. See it as a new challenge, kids! And believe me those two teams are quite something.”
“And who composes the second team?” asked Rei.
“You'll see when you start the Championships. Now, come to the BBA's Chinese headquarters. I'll explain the way we'll proceed in this year's tournament.” said Mr. Dickenson.
They all started to walk, some went to welcome the newcomers and asking them questions. Others greeted their old friends and others kept to themselves, following the chairman.
Walking behind everyone was Kai, deep in his thoughts about these newcomers, searching what capabilities brought them in the pros' game. Kai came back to his senses when he felt something grab his arm. He lowered his gaze to see Setsuna walking happily beside him. Kai wanted to shrug her off of him, tell her to let go of him, but he recalled what happened to her team-mate and decided that it would be in his best interest to just ignore her. (Then again, Kai would never admit this to anyone.) Everyone who followed Setsuna when she walked toward Kai, looked curiously and laughed at the weird couple. They were all wondering why Kai wasn't pushing her away like he usually did with any fan of his.
Once in the BBA office, Mr. Dickenson led them to the conference room. He took the seat at the end of the table and invited the teenagers to take place around the table.
“Here's how the tournament will be conducted this year.” started the chairman. “Each team will be facing all the other teams, one after the other, in a two out of three matches. The team with the most wins is the winner of the World Championships. Any questions?” demanded the old man.
“Yeah!” exclaimed Daichi. “I don't get it! You mean that my team will be facing the Majestics, the Blitzgriek Boys and the others at the same time? Isn't that kind of unfair?”
“No, monkey boy! It's one team at a time!” responded Tyson.
“Oh! I get it now! Hey! Don't call me monkey boy, you chimpanzee!” and they started fighting, calling the other names.
“Alright! That's enough you two!” commanded Kai.
Both bladers looked at Kai, mumbling a low `sorry' and blushed in embarrassment.
“Other questions?”
“Mr. Dickenson! How are we going to determine which team we'll be facing for each match?” asked Lee.
“Oh, that?” said Mr. Dickenson, sitting down once more. “A screen will be telling who your opposing team is. The screen will select one team and then select from all the other possible teams that you haven't face yet.” answered the old man.
“How many matches will there be a day?” asked Emily.
“Two matches a day. The first two teams are selected for the first match. The opposing teams for the next match will be selected from the remaining teams, who have not yet battle that day. The second day will be seeing in battle the remaining four. Therefore, you'll have two matches during the week. The tournament is scheduled on fourteen days.” explained Mr. Dickenson. “Four days of the tournament will be held in China. Then we move to America, where you'll have a week to train before the next four days of matches. After those days in America, we head to Russia. Another week of training, after that you have the four days of battles. Finally, we go to Italia. You train for another week and we make the final two days of matches. It's also in Italia that we will have the prize ceremony for the winners in a form of a gala the weekend that follows the finals.” concluded the chairman.
“I think I get it. It's sort of complicated, but I guess I'll get use to it once we're in the tournament.” said Johnny.
“Yeah! It'll be simpler to just get in with the flow.” agreed Kevin.
“Since it's basically clear, the tournament will begin one week from now. Take this time to train and to come up with new combinations. I wish you all the best of luck.” said the chairman, getting up to leave.
After he left, Takato saw that Satoshi had something on his mind. He went to see Reanne, who was tugging Setsuna off of Kai.
“Hmmm R… R… Reanne?” said Satoshi.
“Here let me help…” said Takato, grabbing Setsuna by the waist.
Instinctively, Setsuna's leg went back when Takato lifted her from the ground and connected with his groin. Takato's hands left Setsuna's waist to go where he got hit.
Setsuna spun around and looked at Takato:
“I told you not to do that!”
“I will think twice before doing it next time!” said Takato, in a painful voice. Meanwhile, Kai used this opportunity to escape the room before the green haired girl attached herself to him again.
“Good! Satoshi, you wanted to talk to me?” said Reanne.
“Yeah! I wanted to know: is today okay?” replied the shy boy.
“For the bet we made for the match?” asked Reanne.
“Yes! It's still early so…” said Satoshi.
Reanne flashed a smile to Satoshi.
“It's alright for me!” she answered. “Let me go change at the hotel first.”
“All right!” said Satoshi.
“Takato!” whispered Setsuna.
“Yes?” asked the boy, who was still holding his groin.
“When you're going to be better, I want you to follow me!” said the girl.
“Why?” asked Takato, confused.
“You'll see!”
 
 
 
Setsuna-chan: So what did you think about this chapter? What kind of bet Satoshi and Reanne made? Hey! Warstock? What are they going to do?
Warstock: I have no idea! One think for sure, there will be spying!
Setsuna-chan: Cool! Spying! That's fun to do! I hope you readers enjoyed this chapter. So please review and let us know how you appreciate this story! You guys can even tell us what you hate! It will help us do a better work that you could enjoy, at least we'll try! That way, it makes us want to post more.
Warstock: See you next time! And please, do as Setsuna-chan ask: Review!!!!!!!!!!