Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Expect the unexpected ❯ Chapter six: The world championships begins ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Setsuna-chan: Kai got away again!
Aria: It's all your fault, ugly! He would have come to me otherwise!
Setsuna-chan: Who are you calling ugly, you ugly?
(Setsuna-chan and Aria are seriously battling on the background)
Warstock: Oh boy! Girls' battles are fierce, especially those two.
Red Dux: You're telling me! I never want to go up against any of them. I value my life!
Warstock: Me too!
Aria: Kai's mine, you hear? Stay away from him and I'll spare you.
Setsuna-chan: You're the one who should watch yourself if you go near him.
Disclaimer: OK…. Should we go on with the fic?
Warstock: We should so you guys enjoy reading this chapter, OK?
Disclaimer: The characters you don't recognized and the plot belong to the authors of this fic: chibi Setsuna-chan and Warstock. Those you do recognize belong to Takao Aoki, the author of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade. Now have fun reading, people.
 
 
 
 
Chapter 6: The World Championship begins:
 
“WELCOME TO THE ANNUAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, PEOPLE. LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO THE TEAMS THAT WILL BE COMPETING THIS YEAR. FIRST UP, THE REIGNING CHAMPS: BBA REVOLUTION. THEY ARE FOLLOWED BY THE BLITZGRIEK BOYS, WHITE TIGER X, THE PPB ALL STARZ, THE MAJESTICS AND BEGA LEAGUE. AND NOW PRESENTING THE NEW TEAMS ENTERING FOR THE FIRST TIME AS PROS: THE CANADIAN TEAM: TSUBASA ELITE AND THE AUSTRALIAN TEAM: THE GRIM REAPERS.” yelled DJ Jazzman.
As the teams' names were yelled, all members entered the stadium and each time the crowd cheered for their favourite team.
“Wow! I never thought I'd come to see that one day. Look at the crowd.” told Satoshi to Takato.
“I know!” replied the silver haired boy.
“I HOPE, FOLKS, THAT YOU ARE READY, CAUSE THIS TOURNAMENT IS GOING TO START SOON. BUT FIRST, LET ME EXPLAIN THIS YEAR'S TYPE OF TOURNAMENT. EACH TEAM WILL BE FACING ALL THE OTHER TEAMS, ONE AFTER THE OTHER. THE REFEREE, WHICH IS ME, WILL TAKE NOTE OF HOW MANY WINS AND LOSES EACH TEAM GET AND BY THE END OF THE TOURNAMENT, THE TEAM WITH THE HIGHEST AMOUNT OF WINS WILL TAKE THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND BE THE WORLD CHAMPS.” yelled again DJ, before continuing: “AND NOW, LET'S SEE WHO'S GOING UP FIRST.”
The big screen flashed all teams at high speed to finally stop on the Blitzgriek Boys.
“Lucky! We get to start the show!” said an enthusiastic Ian.
“NOW LET'S FIND OUT, WHO THEIR OPPONENTS WILL BE?”
The screen flashed all the remaining teams and stop, revealing the Russian team's opponent: The Grim Reapers.
“Great! Now's my chance to impress Kai!” said confidently Aria.
`I'll show that bastard of Takato that I'm even more worth of Setsuna than he is. And I'll prove to her that I'm no loser!' thought Ryo as he looked at Takato venomously and to Setsuna with sheer determination.
“WHILE THE BLITZGRIEK BOYS AND THE GRIM REAPERS TAKE THEIR POSITIONS, THE REST OF YOU CAN GO TO THE SEATS WE RESERVED FOR YOU IN THE AUDIENCE.”
While the Blitzgriek Boys and the Grim Reapers were preparing and deciding who was going to play first, the others headed to the reserved seats. The BBA Revolution decided to take the first row. Tyson sat at the farthest end of the row, followed by Kenny and Hilary, then Max, Daichi, Ray and finally Kai. Sitting last was a mistake coming from Kai, when he spotted Setsuna, bouncing happily toward the last seat next to him.
`Not again!' he thought as Ray sniggered beside him.
“If you don't mind, Kai, I'll sit here!” said Setsuna, smiling at him, cheerful as usual.
Her team took place on the seats right behind her. Takato was slightly fuming behind her, not only because he wasn't seated next to her, but because she was next to her idol.
`Why in the world is she so lucky to be sitting next to the one she wants to be with, while I'm stuck to look out at her back all the time?' thought the silver head boy, looking at his captain's back to prove his point.
“You're not lucky, Takato! And neither is Kai, by the looks on his face!” whispered Satoshi in Takato's ear. “Kai really looks miserable beside her!”
“He always looks sour, anyway. But you're right, even I can tell he did not want our lovely captain next to him.” added Takato.
“OK! LET'S BEGIN! MAY THE FIRST PLAYERS COME UP IN FRONT OF THE DISH PLEASE!” said Jazzman, and every attention went to the center stage.
“The Blitzgriek Boys have chosen Bryan as their first player. Bryan is known for his fierce play and with his Falborg, he is one tough blader.” reported Brad Best.
“And for the Grim Reapers, we have Daphnée. This girl is new to the pro's game. But don't underestimate her, if she was able to come to the pros, it means that she's one tough blader. Bryan better watch himself. No one knows her capability in the sport.” added AJ Topper.
Daphnée was a blond girl with electric blue eyes. She wore a white dress and white heeled boots. She looked as calm as water before a storm. Silently she stood up in front of Bryan who looked coldly at her. Obviously, he didn't like one little bit the newcomer.
As soon as the two bladers stood in front of the dish, the floor opened to reveal in what they'd be playing in. The dish stood up: it was a beydish representing the Australian beach in Sydney. Daphnée slightly smiled knowing full well the dish since she often played there as a child. Bryan noticed her smile and he frowned even more.
“ALRIGHT BLADERS! READY IN 3…. 2…. 1…. LET IT RIP!” yelled DJ Jazzman.
They both launched their beyblade into the dish, Bryan's blade circling in the sand while Daphnée's went into the water.
“Oh no! Daphnée's blade went directly into the water. Is it over for her?” asked Brad.
“I think so. Even her team seem distraught.” responded AJ.
`What is she doing? Did she think she could make the championships simply with luck? This is ridiculous!' thought Bryan.
“Oops! I made another mistake. I'm sorry guys, I'm so sorry!” said Daphnée, looking at her team, with a shy smile.
“I thought this was a serious competition. But I guess that you guys were only lucky to get into the pros.” Bryan told the blond girl and then turned to leave.
“Daphnée look at him and said: “You should know better than to underestimate your competition, dear. Marina, time to turn up the waves. Tidal Wave now.” she said smiling at the now confused Bryan.
“Bryan, watch out!” yelled Ian, looking horrified.
Bryan slowly turned to look at her beyblade lighting up and exposed her bitbeast: a white dolphin with a sapphire on its forehead. The bitbeast went under water and jumped creating a giant wave, big enough to flood the entire stadium.
“Falborg, Stroblitz attack!”
But it was to late, both Falborg and Bryan got washed away by Marina's tidal wave and ended up with the rest of the Blitzgriek Boys on the other side of the stadium, all soaked to the bones. Daphnée laugh at the sight. She then held her hand up and her blade returned to her and left to rejoin her team on the bench.
“Now that's shocking! We thought she had lost, but it ends up with Bryan losing. What a reversing situation.” said Brad.
“Indeed. What lies next for the Blitzgriek Boys?”
“THE GRIM REAPERS WINS THIS ROUND! WILL THE NEXT PLAYERS TAKE PLACE BEFORE THE DISH, PLEASE?”
Spencer stood up and walked towards the dish. The Grim Reapers sent Ryo as their next player, looking fiercer then ever, ready to prove to Takato and Setsuna what he was made of.
“We now have Spencer, representing the Blitzgriek Boys. This blader is one tough guy and doesn't hesitate to pine his enemy down to the ground.”
“Yeah, Spencer is really something. But let's take a look at the newcomer, Ryo. You can tell by his looks that he has an icy personality. Take a look at his determination. Seems like his gazing venomously at another blader up in the audience. This guy might be a real challenge for Spencer.” said AJ.
“LET'S BEGIN THE SECOND ROUND! IN 3…. 2…. 1… LET IT RIP!”
Both blades connected into the air before sending the other on the edge of the dish. Ryo's blade then went to stabilized it self in the center of the dish, while Spencer's blade circled around Ryo's, looking for a way to defeat it. Ryo on the other hand still looked intently at Takato.
“If he thinks he scares me, he's wrong.” said Takato to Satoshi.
“So his after you?” asked Ray, looking back.
“Yeah. He and I go a long way, we're arch-enemies.”
“I see! Hope Spencer sees this as a chance to defeat him. That Ryo is not concentrating on the right thing.” stated Kenny.
“You'd be wrong if you think Ryo can be defeated like that. He has sharp reflexes and keen senses, I'll give him that much.” responded Takato.
Spencer looked intently at Ryo. `His attention's not even on the match, who does he think I am? That I'm not good enough for him? I'll show him not to mess with me.' thought Spencer.
“Seaborg, Strombohue!” yelled Spencer.
“Kieffer, Icy Storm!” Ryo turned around and commanded his bitbeast to attack.
The bitbeast in question appeared: it was a black dragon with evil red eyes that matched the gaze of Ryo this same instant. The black dragon howled icily, making the audience fear the beast. Then it circled a bit creating a blizzard and opened its mouth to shout some ice. Seaborg's strombohue froze and so was the beyblade. Spencer's eyes went wide. He was unable to move and he couldn't believe how fast Ryo retaliated. He was completely defeated.
The Blitzgriek Boys were flabbergasted. Even more was the look on Tala's face. Never had his team been so badly beaten. Pure rage was building up in his chest, ready to go in for the kill.
“I told you that Ryo wasn't easily impressed.” told Takato to the BBA Revolution.
“No kidding! We better watch ourselves.” said Tyson, in a dazzled expression.
Ryo once again looked up to Takato and smiled evilly to show his victory. Takato stared back with just as much venom as Ryo was. Ryo than looked at Setsuna, wishing she was also looking at his triumph, but the green haired girl completely ignored him as she was babbling happily to Kai, who look very annoyed. His smile faded, to which Takato felt relieved that Setsuna paid as much attention to his rival as for any other guy she crossed in the streets.
“AND THE GRIM REAPERS TAKE ANOTHER WIN. THEY HAVE ALREADY WON THE FIRST MATCH. CAN THEY WIN FOR A THIRD ROUND?”
“This doesn't look good for the Blitzgriek Boys! AJ, do you think Tala can save his team's face by winning at least the last round?”
“I don't know Brad, the Grim Reapers seems invincible by the looks of it. Hope Tala can manage something.”
Tala went to the dish, looking at the red haired girl approaching on the other side. Aria took a look at Kai when she noticed Setsuna next to him. She bit her lower lip, despising her rival for being so close to the bluenette. She then turned to Tala and laugh at his sour expression.
“You don't look too pleased. Maybe you think you can defeat me!” taunted Aria.
“I know I can win! I'll make sure of it!”
“You're so confident. I hate that I have to burst your little bubble.” replied the redhead.
“BLADERS! ARE YOU READY? IN 3…. 2…. 1…. LET IT RIP!”
Tala and Aria launched their blade, already going after the other.
`That girl is so going to pay! Kai's mine, not hers!' thought Aria. `Kai watch me carefully. This is for you!'
Aria sent her blade into Tala's, blasting him to the other side of the dish. Tala had enough and sent Wolborg into attack mode once again.
“Wolborg, Novae Rog! Finish her now!”
“Not going to work with me! Zephira!”
As ordered, Aria's bitbeast appeared: It was a huge condor. Zephira's keen eyes looked sharply at Wolborg and flew above it until Aria shouted: “Zephira! Tornado Blast!” The tornado backed fired Tala's attack and Wolborg froze to the ground. Satisfied, Aria commanded her blade back in her hand and went back to her team.
Tala and his team lost badly to the Grim Reapers and were not happy about it.
In the audience, all bladers were shock to see the Blitzgriek Boys defeated. The crowd cheered at the prestigious performance of the new team.
“I can't believe Tala lost to her!” said Kai, lowly, silently impressed by these newcomers.
“Most of you are no match for the Grim Reapers. They don't blade for the sport, but they play for winning. They are the kind of people for whom winning his everything.” explained Setsuna.
“Looks like your team knows an awful lot about them.” said Kai.
“Well, we are rivals. Let's just say that we almost live to defeat them.” smiled Setsuna.
“I see!”
`That bitch is such a show off! If she thinks I'll let her beat me, she's wrong.' thought Setsuna, looking down at Aria.
Aria, on the other hand, looked up to find a very pissed Setsuna and an impressed Kai. Needless to say, she was happy of the result.
“AND THE GRIM REAPERS TAKES A FIRST WIN. UNFORTUNATLY FOR THE BLITZGRIEK BOY, IT MEANS THEY ARE ONE STEP FARTHER TO THE TITLE. BUT THEY CAN STILL MAKE IT. THE TOURNAMENT HAS ONLY BEGUN.”
“DJ sure knows how to rub things in. We'll see how this tournament goes.” said AJ.
“Indeed, my dear AJ. The Grim Reapers made an exploding first impression on the world. They prove themselves to be a real challenge for our favourite bladers.” added Brad.
Not interested in the other match, the Grim Reapers left the stadium.
“THEN LET US MOVE FORWARD WITH THE TOURNAMENT. NEXT TO BE BATTLING ARE: …”
The screen once more showed the teams who haven't competed yet at a fast speed. It then stopped, showing the next opponents.
“… TSUBASA ELITE AGAINST BEGA LEAGUE!” yelled Jazzman.
“Wow! Today's crowd is being treated. For the second match, they will see another new team in action. Will they give the crowd a show just as flabbergasting as the Grim Reapers'?” asked AJ.
“I don't know, AJ. I guess we'll find out when they'll play.” answered Brad.
“Well I guess it's our turn, guys!” said an enthusiastic Takato.
“Come on, let's go down and get ready to give this crowd a show they'll never forget.” added Reanne.
Setsuna bounced out of her chair.
“Alright, guys! Party time!” chirped the green haired girl.
“Oh yeah! Let's do it!” added Takato.
She spun around and started walking down to the bladers' bench, in a happy-go-lucky way, her team following behind her.
All the bladers watched in amusement and in mild interest Tsubasa Elite follow Bega League. Partly because they were new in the pro league and partly because they looked like they really were going to throw off a party in the stadium. Kai, on the other hand, was relieved to have the green haired one away from him.
“I'm first!” stated Setsuna.
They all acknowledged her decision.
“It's not as if we had a choice, with that happy face of hers.” replied Takato.
“Well, she probably wants to show off in front of Kai.” added Satoshi.
“It's exactly what she is doing. Especially with the performance Aria gave. She wants to prove she's better than her.” noted Reanne.
“Tsubasa Elite is sending their team captain as a first player. Setsuna is still unknown in the pros and her techniques are yet to be discovered.” said Brad.
“Oh man! Brad, look at that face. She looks like a kitty waiting to prank someone. Maybe it's just a faint to destabilize her opponent. Hope that Bega League will be able to put some kind of resistance.” stated AJ.
“And to make that resistance is Ming Ming. Bega League better be prepared, because it seems that the newest competitors are showing a lot of skills.”
“Ming Ming's beyblading skills ought to be enough to match Setsuna's. Otherwise she'll be forced to return to her singer carrier!” added Brad.
“ALRIGHT, FOLKS! ARE YOU READY FOR THE SECOND MATCH? CAUSE WE ARE BEGINNING THE FIRST ROUND NOW.”
Ming Ming stood in front of Setsuna, smiling as if she already won.
“You're not going to make long here, girly. You might want to consider finding another carrier.”
“Well, I was thinking of starting a singing carrier, so I could make you shut up. You do realize that you are not that good in singing, right? You should reconsider all your carrier options, cause singing and beyblading is not in you domain.”
“Why you! I'll show you that I'm the best in everything I do.” said a very pissed off Ming Ming.
“It's the first time I see Setsuna bitching her opponent like that.” said Takato.
“To tell you the truth, she's right about Ming Ming's singing. I don't like her as a pop idol.” replied Satoshi.
“We are at the World Championship, guys. Psychological war is always appreciated to level up the competition. She must want that fake singer to give it her all. You know how our dear captain is. Never the one to be taken lightly.” answered Reanne.
“Yeah! That's one of the reason I like her so much.” whispered Takato.
Between Ming Ming and Setsuna, the floor opened to reveal the dish they'd be working with. The dish was a reconstitution of the Easter Islands.
“OK, LADIES! IN 3… 2… 1… LET IT RIP!”
The girls launched their blade into the dish. Before she knew it, Ming Ming saw her blade fuming at her feet. She was looking at her opponent, eyes wide and mouth opened, not believing what had just happened. Setsuna's blade was spinning in high speed in the middle of the dish and glowing bright red, as if it was on fire. The green haired girl held out her hand and her blade went directly into it.
“Told you that you should consider other options.” smiled Setsuna, resulting in a fuming Ming Ming.
“THAT WAS SUPER FAST! I DIDN'T EVEN SEE ANY MOVEMENT, OTHER THAN THE LAUNCH. AND TSUBASA ELITE TAKES THE FIRST ROUND.” announced DJ Jazzman.
“Wow! It seems that the psychological war worked perfectly.” said a dazzled AJ.
“Indeed, it worked so well that Ming Ming is outraged by that tactic. Not as if we didn't believe she actually lost to a newcomer.” added Brad.
“I kinda like her! The way she made Ming Ming eat dirt was amazing.” chirped happily Tyson.
“Noooooooooooooo! My lovely Ming Ming! She can't lose like this!” cried Kenny.
Everyone sweat dropped on his comment.
“…” Kai looked at the green haired girl with interest.
`She made it look so easy to defeat Ming Ming and with hardly any movement.' he thought.
And many had that opinion of Setsuna. She was someone to look out for.
“MAY THE NEXT CONTESTANTS TAKE THEIR PLACE?” yelled DJ Jazzman.
Satoshi got up and went to the dish. At the same time, Garland planted himself on the other side, ready to fight.
“It seems that we all underestimated the newcomers. The others have been good so far, but it ends here.”
“You're right, it ends here. For you, that is.” smirked Satoshi.
“Don't be too full headed of yourself. Cause you'll lose.” replied Garland.
“Now then, are you here to talk or to blade?”
“OK! GUYS, IN 3… 2… 1… LET IT RIP!”
They both sent their blades into the dish. They circled each other, looking for an opening. Garland was the one to begin the attack, only to be dodged by Satoshi. Satoshi's blade lifted up above Garland's.
“Wind Eagle, Sky Attack!” ordered Satoshi.
His eagle appeared splendidly and then dived in for the kill. Garland reacted quickly and unleashed his Appollon.
“Radiant Thunder!”
Both blades clashed with a shocking mass of energy. They were thrown to the edge of the dish, their spin diminishing. In the end, it was Garland's beyblade that stop spinning first. Garland was surprised by the turn of event, but he admitted to himself that the kid was a good blader.
“Good job, kid! That was a nice match.” said Garland to Satoshi.
“Thanks! That was really intense. I had a good opponent to make a great show.” smiled Satoshi.
“AND TSUBASA ELITE TAKES A SECOND WIN.”
“Good job, Satoshi! Now it's your turn, Takato. We're counting on you for a third win.” encouraged Reanne.
“This team seems to be really promising, doesn't it AJ?”
“Oh yeah! They are quick and very determined to win. Let's see if Bega League can take a win in the last round.”
Takato took the next step against Bega League. He was up against Brooklyn. Once the beyblades entered in the dish, they attacked each other in a fierce combat. Brooklyn unleashed Zeus and almost had Wing Flame to stop spinning.
“Oh no, you don't! Wing Flame, Fire Shield, now!” Takato unleashed his bitbeast and immediately his blade started to spin faster.
He then attacked Brooklyn's blade with a majestic Fire Spin and sent it flying out of the dish.
“Oh yeah! I'm the best!” said Takato.
“AND TSUBASA ELITE IS THE WINNER OF THIS MATCH!”
The crowd went wild, impressed that the two new teams actually won their matches.
“Well, that's it for today, folks. We'll see you tomorrow for 2 more exciting matches.” said AJ.
“This was AJ Topper and Brad Best, reporting to you this year's event. Don't miss tomorrow's matches. It is bond to take you out of this world.”
The first ones to get out of the stadium were Tsubasa Elite. The happy bunch was on the way to party land. Joyous as hell and not paying attention to their surroundings, they didn't notice the amused look of the other teams.
“They're really one of a kind, aren't they?” asked Tala to a silent Kai.
“… yeah, they are.” answered the bluenette.
“Hey, Kai, I noticed that that Setsuna girl is never too far from you.” taunted Bryan.
“Shut up, Bryan!”
“You're blushing. Is she interesting you?” pursued Garland.
“Hell no!! Now leave me alone!” retorted Kai, still blushing.
“Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!” they all laughed, leaving him be.
“You've got to admit that she is cute.” added Tala, teasingly.
“Tala! That's enough!” replied Kai.
 
 
Warstock: Wow! We won! And against the Bega League too!
Setsuna-chan: We're hot, that's why.
Red Dux: You got to admit that it was kinda intense.
Warstock: Of course! It has to be! I mean, it is the world championship and all.
Setsuna-chan: Hey! Disclaimer?
Disclaimer: What is it?
Setsuna-chan: Is it just me or did I just read that Tala thought I was cute?
Disclaimer: I'm not sure whether he actually thought you were cute or if he was only thinking about making fun of Kai. I say: Take it the way you want it.
Setsuna-chan: Umm… I take… he thought I was cute. Oh shit! Tala thought I was cute. But I'm so not interested in him. Why can't it be Kai to say that?
Warstock: I'll never understand that girl.
Red Dux: Don't try! She's way too complicated to actually try to understand what goes in her delusional mind.
Warstock: Don't let her hear that! You'll get killed.
Setsuna-chan: (throwing her high-heeled shoe on Red Dux's head) I HEARD you, Red Dux. Prepare for intense pain and torture. (evil laugher)
Red Dux: (runs away)
Warstock: This situation will never end.
Setsuna-chan: (after Red Dux) GET BACK HERE AND FACE YOUR DOOM!!
Disclaimer: Warstock?
Warstock: Yeah?
Disclaimer: Can I just finish the chapter?
Warstock: Sure!
Disclaimer: Ok, readers! Please leave a review or you could just read the other chapter and review after that one. In any case, the authors of this fiction will be absolutely happy about it. Thanks!
Warstock: I like the way you end it! I'll talk to Setsuna-chan about making you the official spokesperson of the end of the chappie.
Disclaimer: Really? I'd like that!