Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Expect the unexpected ❯ Chapter seven: Tsubasa Elite's Task ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Setsuna-chan : We're back!
Red Dux : Ow! My head! Setsuna-chan, you're mean.
Warstock: I told you not to say anything bad about her. She's got a sixth sense making her know when to pass by us and hear the bad stuff we say, whether it's about her or about Kai.
Setsuna-chan: Got something to say guys?
Warstock and Red Dux: Um… no… (covering their head with their arms, just in case)
Setsuna-chan: Better be…
Warstock: Oh, that reminds me, Setsuna-chan. In the last chapter I said to Disclaimer that I would talk about it to you.
Setsuna-chan: Talk about what?
Warstock: To make Disclaimer the official spokesperson of the beginning and the end of every chappie that would follow.
Setsuna-chan: Not a bad idea. Disclaimer?
Disclaimer: Yes?
Setsuna-chan: I agree with Warstock. It's officially you the spokesperson. I know you can do it.
Disclaimer: Really? Oh thank you, both of you.
Setsuna-chan and Warstock: No problem. (smiling happily while disclaimer jumps on Red Dux's head and starts to strangle him)
Red Dux: H…he… help…
Warstock: D…Disclaimer, stop it you'll kill one of ours. D…Disclaimer…
Setsuna-chan: She's too happy to hear a thing you say. (goes behind Disclaimer and hit her hard on the head) Do your job, will you?
Warstock: Red Dux are you alright?
Red Dux: (catching his breath)
Setsuna-chan: He'll be fine! He's a strong guy! He'll live!
Disclaimer: Yeah! The official spokesperson tells you that the characters that you don't recognize and the plot of this fanfiction belong to the authors Setsuna-chan and Warstock. The characters you do recognize belong to Aoki Takao, the author of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade. As the official spokesperson I tell you to enjoy your reading.
 
 
Chapter 7: Tsubasa Elite's task
 
Tsubasa Elite went back to their hotel room and ordered room service. While they were eating, Setsuna's cell phone rang. She picked it up and answered.
“Hello?”
“It's me, Setsuna! Mr. Reynolds.”
“Sir? What is it?” asked the green haired girl.
“You and your team better get ready. I got a mission for you.”
“Yes sir! I'm all ears!”
Before her boss could tell her what the mission was, Setsuna heard a piercing yell behind her. When she turned around, Reanne had already jumped in the air and sent both boys down to the ground, including herself. She was hyper after eating too much sweet.
“We won our first match!” she chirped in their ears.
“Reanne, I'm glad we won, but I got the boss on the phone.” scolded Setsuna.
“Sorry!” she whispered.
“Sorry sir! You were saying?”
“I was telling you about the mission. I need you to investigate the Grim Reapers whereabouts. They might lead you to their base of operations. If it is the case, we might found the proofs we need to put them into jail for good. Understood?”
“Yes sir! You can count on us!” answered Setsuna.
“Good luck, team, I'm counting on you!” said Mr. Reynolds before hanging up.
“So what did he say?” asked Satoshi.
“We investigate the Grim Reapers to see if we can find their base. Once we do, we might find the evidences we need to arrest them for good.”
“In other words, it's spying time!” said Takato.
“…” the others sweat dropped at his childish reply.
“We follow our respective rival. And no unnecessary fighting, ok?” ordered Setsuna.
“Got it!” chorused the others.
“But first, let's get geared up.” said Satoshi. “We can still be in touch in case of emergency.
An hour later, they were ready for investigation. They all went out of the hotel. They said to each other good luck as they separated themselves to look for their rival.
Reanne went to all the places that were near water. She knew that Daphnée like to be around water, where it was calm and serene. When she finally spotted the blond girl, the last-mentioned was leaning against a tree and was currently reading a book. Reanne went up a tree and hid there watching her rival all afternoon, as she read her book.
Takato had a hard time to find Ryo. Takato looked everywhere, without success. He even asked some of the bladers that were practicing with a group of amateurs, but he found no clue to where the raven headed boy was.
Satoshi found Don, the last member of the Grim Reapers, with Aria, their team leader. Don was Ryo's younger twin brother. They both had short jet black hair and they look very much alike. The only way to differ them was by their eyes. Ryo had blood red eyes while Don had grey eyes. Satoshi also spotted his green haired captain, hiding nearby. He went to her and said:
“Looks like will be looking after them together.”
“Looks like it!” responded Setsuna.
Suddenly, Setsuna and Satoshi spotted another known figure coming. Kai. Immediately, Aria jumped on the occasion and clung onto him. Setsuna gritted her teeth with sheer anger. Just to prevent her from going to Aria, Satoshi held his team captain by her waist. After all, they were supposed to be hiding from the Grim Reapers.
`No unnecessary fight, Setsuna. No unnecessary fight.' she kept telling herself, over and over, in the back of her mind.
“Satoshi! You can let go of me!”
“Somehow, I don't think I should. But I'll release you if you promise not to go there!” answered Satoshi.
“Fine, I promise!”
Satoshi let go of his captain, still keeping an eye on her, just in case she decides otherwise.
The days and weeks passed and nothing happened. Tsubasa Elite kept watching the Grim Reapers, but there was no trace of a base of operation. The tournament had already moved to another country: America. More precisely to Ottawa in Canada, hometown to the Tsubasa Elite.
Around 3 o'clock in the afternoon, Tsubasa Elite entered their apartment.
“We're finally back home! I missed this place, OUR place!” said a relief Takato, taking seat in their beloved couch of their apartment.
“I'm going in my room, guys! Play nice, okay?” informed a really tired Reanne.
“Okay, Re…Reanne. We'll wake you before dinner time.” replied Satoshi.
“Thanks Satoshi!”
After putting her stuff in her room, Setsuna showed up in the living room.
“I'm going to take a walk! Don't wait for me. I'll come back late.”
“Be careful and don't come back to late, okay?” warned Takato.
“Yeah, yeah! I know!”
The green haired girl put her shoes on and left the apartment.
“She must really have missed going there!” said Takato.
“Well, she is used to go there every morning!” told Satoshi.
Setsuna walked until she reached the graveyard. She walked down the road until she came to tombstone.
`Here lies Takuya Tachikawa, beloved brother. 1988 - 1998'
“Hey, bro! Your're watching over me, right? Did you see my beyblade performances in China. I was great, wasn't I? I wish you could be here with me, enjoying the thrill I'm living at each battle I fight. You probably know how much I miss you.” whispered the girl, to the tombstone of her twin brother.
Half an hour later, Setsuna stood up and left. She walked until she reached the Canal Rideau. She sat near the water and watched as it slowly flowed by. Not far from there, Tala took in the environment. After all, like many other beybladers, it was his first time in Canada. The cliché in which people said that Canadians wore a lumberjack outfit, a racoon hat and a multicoloured arrowed belt was totally false. He actually found that Canadians were just as any other person in the world. His thoughts were interrupted by a shy voice.
“Hey!” said shyly Setsuna.
“Hi!” replied Tala.
“First time here, right?” she asked.
“Yeah!”
“What do you think so far?”
“It's not what I imagined, nor what I read, that's for sure!”
“What? Did you really think you'd find people wearing lumberjack outfits and racoon hats?” she slightly laughed.
“…” Tala's face slightly turned red, knowing she pointed out exactly what he was thinking about.
“Don't worry! People here are used to that kind of reaction. That's how history's been describing us for who knows how long. We're not as different as everyone else, you know!” reassured Setsuna.
“Now I feel reassured!” replied Tala.
“Need a guide?”
“Huh? ... Eh! Why not!”
“Then let's go!” chirped the girl.
“You guys are not going anywhere without us!”
Tala and Setsuna turned to face the person who spoke and found a pissed Tyson and the BBA Revolution, saved for Kai, and the All Starz.
“Yeah we want a tour too.” added Max.
“Don't forget about us!” said a known voice.
Approaching them were Lee and the White Tiger X.
“Tala? Were you leaving without us?” said an impatient Ian.
“You guys left on your own, so yeah, I was leaving without you.” replied the redhead.
“If you don't mind, we'll also join you.” added Enrique, speaking for the Majestics.
“Sure! The more the merrier!” answered Setsuna. “Then, here we go!”
She played tour guide for the teams, who laughed openly to her comments. They walked for hours visiting Ottawa, from the Museum of fine arts to ChinaTown, and even more. Night was about to fall and they all bid goodnight to the green haired girl.
She took the bus ride back to her apartment building. Before she could open the door to the apartment, someone grabbed her from behind. She struggled hard to get free but to no avail. The cloth on her mouth didn't help as she fell and sank into oblivion.
The next morning, Reanne slowly woke up from her daze. She got dressed and brushed her teeth. She moved toward the kitchen and took her breakfast. Not too long after her, Takato showed up too, followed by Satoshi.
“Good morning, guys!”
“Morning, Reanne!” both boys said in unison.
“Where's Setsuna?” asked Takato.
“I don't know! Maybe she's still sleeping.” answered Reanne. “I'll go wake her up!”
Reanne got up and walked toward her captain's room.
“Still sleeping? Somehow, I don't think so. No matter how late she comes back, she's always the first to wake up.” noted Takato.
“Guys! She's not in her room.”
“Maybe she went for a walk, like usual.” told Satoshi.
“There's no sign of her taking any breakfast. And you know she never skip a meal.” stated Reanne. “And it's not like her to go to a friend without letting us know.”
“That's weird! Where could she have gone to?” whispered Takato.
“Maybe she had a date!” proposed Satoshi. “It would be very awkward if it was with Kai.”
“I don't think Kai would have gone on a date with her. He actually looks like he wants to run away from her.” said Reanne.
“I think so too. Kai is a loner and she's a hyper fangirl, doesn't have a good combination there.” added Takato.
“Maybe that's it!” said Satoshi.
“What's it?” asked Takato.
“She must have gone to see Kai.”
“That's a possibility!” replied Reanne. “We should go check it out. And one of us should go to the graveyard. She could be at her brother's tomb, too.”
“I'll go check!” declared Satoshi.
They finished their breakfast and left their home. They took the bus that made its way to the other bladers' hotel. Once they arrived, they were greeted by the BBA Revolution.
“Morning, guys! Slept well?” Max asked in a happy-go-lucky way.
“Have you guys seen our team captain?” asked Takato.
“Well, she did play the tour guide for us yesterday. But we haven't seen her yet.” answered Ray.
“Hey! How come she's not with you guys?” piped in Daichi.
“If she was with them, they wouldn't ask us if we saw her, monkey boy!”
“Who are you calling monkey boy, chimpanzee!”
“That's enough!”
They all turn to see Kai and the Blitzgriek boys making their way towards them. They were soon followed by all of the other teams, except for the Grim Reapers.
“What's going on?” asked Bryan.
“We can't find Setsuna anywhere. Kai, did she show up to you?” asked Reanne.
“No!” answered the bluenette, sounding relief.
They heard running footsteps heading towards them and saw Satoshi, looking even more worried.
“Hey guys! She's not at the graveyard! I also went to Canal Rideau, to the spot she always goes to read. But I didn't find her.”
“I'm starting to think she never came back home.” told Reanne, in a worried tone.
“Me too! But if so, where could she be?” agreed Takato.
“Not around here, if you ask me!” said a cold voice.
Takato knew all too well that tone of voice.
“Ryo!” he shouted. “What have you done to her?”
“You won't find her, Takato. Don't worry! She won't get hurt, I'll make sure of it.” sniggered Ryo. “Heh … I'll see you sometime later.”
Ryo left just as fast as he appeared, without a sound or a clue to where he left to.
“Guys! What do we do now?” asked Reanne.
“We find her!” replied a fuming Takato.
Every team stood in silence, not knowing how they could help the missing girl.
“If we can help, let us know!” assured Tala.
“Thank you! But it's something we have to do by ourselves.” told Reanne, smiling gratefully for his gesture.
“Satoshi, call Mr. Reynolds to let him know of the situation.” she added, whispering in his ear.
“Okay!”
 
 
Warstock: Oh no! Setsuna-chan disappeared. What are we going to do.
Red Dux: Continue the fic to know if we find her?
Disclaimer: Yeah, I vote for that.
Warstock: I really hate Ryo. That damned bastard just kidnapped my co-writter.
Red Dux: We'll find her. Beside she's evil, she will kick his sorry butt to the moon.
Warstock: You're lucky she's missing, cause if she had heard you call her evil she would have knock you to the moon.
Red Dux: She calls herself evil. So if I do I'm just pointing out what she already says.
Disclaimer: He's got a point, Warstock.
Warstock: Just do your stuff and leave, Disclaimer.
Disclaimer: Meanie. Well people. This chapter is over so please review. Maybe lots of reviews will bring Setsuna-chan back to us. I miss her.
Red Dux: I don't!
Disclaimer: (whacks Red Dux behind the head) If you say that again, I'll play her role and beat you up.
Red Dux: -gulp- That hurts!
Disclaimer: Good!