Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Expect the unexpected ❯ Chapter eight: It's all about using your brain ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Red Dux: Welcome to chapter 8, folks!
Disclaimer: Yeah! Welcome!
Red Dux: It took the author a really long time to write this chapter due to Setsuna-chan's disapearance.
Warstock: Where could she be? (worried like no end)
Disclaimer: Don't worry, Warstock! We'll find her!
Warstock: I hope so! It's not as much fun to write without her!
Red Dux: (thinking to himself) At least, it's quieter and less scary when she's not around.
Warstock: WHAT WAS THAT?
Red Dux: Huh? Nothing, nothing at all...
Disclaimer: Oh oh! Troubles! OK! Let's start this chapter! Warstock and chibi Setsuna-chan don't own Beyblade nor it's characters. They belong to Takao Aoki. They do own the characters of the Tsubasa Elite and Grim Reapers and the plot of this story. Enjoy your reading.
 
 
Chapter 8: It's all about using your brain
 
A week later, the Beyblading Federation were currently holding the firsts rounds of the week. All teams had trained a lot for the upcoming battles.
“Can you see the crowd, Brad? It looks ready to go wild any time soon.”
“Indeed, AJ! Now let give the fans an update about the teams' wins and losses. The BBA Revolution as won their matches against the White Tiger X and the Blitzgriek Boys. Tsubasa Elite as won against Bega League and the PPB All Starz. The White Tiger X lost to the BBA Revolution and to Bega League. The Blitzgriek Boys lost against the Grim Reapers and the BBA Revolution. Bega League lost to Tsubasa Elite and won against the White Tigers. The Majestics lost their matches to the PPB All Starz and to the Grim Reapers. The PPB All Starz won against the Majestics but were defeated by Tsubasa Elite. The Grim Reapers won their matches against the Blitzgriek Boys and the Majestics.”
“This tournament is getting heated by the moments. Hope our contestants are ready to give their best. They've been training hard this last week. We will see the results of their training.” added AJ.
“ARE YOU READY, FOLKS? THE THIRD ROUND MATCHES ARE COMING UP JUST IN A FEW MOMENTS. SO FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS, CAUSE IT'S GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A RIDE.” yelled DJ Jazzman.
While DJ Jazzman was yelling, the teams entered the stadium. They all positioned themselves to their reserved spot and discussed of their approach they'll use against the teams they haven't fought yet.
“NOW LET'S BEGIN THE 3rd ROUND OF MATCHES. WHO WILL BE OUR LUCKY STARS TODAY? LET'S FIND OUT.”
“Does he always have to shout?” said an annoyed Michael.
“He's just doing his job with passion. Let it be, Michael.” retorted Emily.
The screen flashed and stopped on the BBA Revolution and the Majestics.
 
“THE CURRENT WORLD CHAMPIONS: BBA REVOLUTION WILL FACE THE MAJESTICS, BLADERS BE READY.
 
“Well AJ, the battle will start soon and for the first round, BBA sends in Ray who does not need anymore telling on with his bitbeast Driger.”, said Brad.
“For the Majestics, Enrique will start the battle with Amphilyon, Ray might be in for a tough battle”, said AJ.
“Well let's take a look at the stadium where the dish is about to be discovered for the match and it seems it's a classical bowl for the two competitors.”, continued Brad.
“Good match to you Enrique”, said Ray.
“Yes, may the best man wins, which is, without a doubt, me”, added the italian blader.
“READY? WELL IN 3 - 2 - 1 LET IT RIIIIIIP!”
Ray and Enrique lunched their respective beyblade and it didn,t take long that the two blades were clashing at each other in the middle of the dish.
 
Meanwhile, Takato and the rest of the team were watching the match, as that would have been Setsuna's wish. However, Takato couldn't focus on the match.
`Something must have escaped us. Ryo knows where she is and when I'll find that little bastard, I'll show him that he should never mess up with the fire.', thought Takato.
 
“I don't think Ray will last long”, said Satoshi bursting Takato's bubble.
“Well, ever heard that the best battle is between a dragon and a tiger in history?”, asked Reanne.
 
The blades circled each other and slammed into each other with more force over and over again.
 
“Don't strain yourself too much, Ray. You can't win against me”, said Enrique.
“Stop babbling, Enrique. Your mind games won't work on me”, replied Ray.
“Driger, time to show what you're made off”, he added.
 
Ray's blade started to shine in the middle and his tiger got out and faced Enrique's blade.
“Hmm, show off! Amphilyon, get out too”, said the italian blader.
 
The dragon Amphilyon got out and faced Driger. The two bitbeast looked at each other, building up the strenght needed to battle. Takato's head shot up, he knew in the back of his mind that Setsuna would have wanted him to study his upcoming adversary. He was stuck between the feeling of going after the one he not-so-secretly loved and the fact that he should watch the match.
 
“Try to concentrate on this, Takato. We'll go search for her just after this match”,whispered Reanne into the silver-haired man's ear. Takato nodded stiffly and watched with more attention the battle between the bitbeasts. Each blow was more powerful than the last one and people were wondering how this would end.
 
“Come on Amphilyon, strike with the Dragon-Yo-Yo attack”, said Enrique.
 
Ray couldn't stop the chuckle from escaping his mouth but he managed to stay focused to see Amphilyon separate into two beyblade and literally striking his beyblade from the front and the back, his beyblade acting like a yoyo.
 
“Driger, White tiger claw attack”, Ray commanded.
 
“Hmm, I was waiting for that one”, said Enrique.
“Amphilyon counter it”, he added.
 
As Ray blade focused on one of the two beyblade in front of him the two blades came back into one and met driger's strikes without backing up an inch.
 
“Impossible!”, said Ray.
“I told you, your Driger can't beat my Amphilyon”, said the italian blader.
“We'll see about that”, said Ray.
“Amphilyon, Dragon Dance attack”, commanded Enrique.
“Quick Driger, White Tiger Streak attack”, commanded Ray.
Before Amphilyon could divise himself again, Driger started to go faster and faster and directly slammed into Amphilyon causing a cloud of smoke to come out of the dish. Takato was astonished by the sheer force of the attack.
“Even Amphilyon can't survive this”, said Satoshi.
“I wouldn't be so sure, after all he blocked the Tiger Claw attack quite effectively”, said Reanne.
 
The cloud of smoke cleared up and Driger was in the middle of the dish wobbling slightly, the attack cause a lot of spin to fade and Amphilyon was on the very edge of the dish. Then a crack appeared and Amphylion fell out.
 
“THAT'S IT FOLKS, RAY WON THE FIRST ROUND FOR BBA. IT WAS A CLOSE CALL. THE NEXT BLADERS ARE CALLED ON THE STAGE IN FIVE MINUTES.”,yelled DJ Jazzman.
 
Takato stood up. He needed something to do otherwise his thoughts wouldl go back to his lovely captain, held captive by his rival. While thinking that, Takato got a small smile imagining the hit Setsuna would be giving him if she knew what he thought exactly.
 
“THE NEXT ROUND WILL BEGIN NOW”
“Well Brad, it seems BBA will send Max as their second man. Nothing else is needed to be said for his defensive tower bitbeast, Draciel”, said AJ.
“Exactly, my friend! The Majestics are sending out Johnny with his Salamalyon
I can say this will be a scorching encounter”, said Brad.
 
“ARE THE BLADERS READY”, said DJ Jazzman.
“Hey! Johnny! You're never tired of that gladiator outfit?”, asked Max
“It's family tradition to battle with this and since you tried to insult me, I can say you will be burned to crisp”, said Johnny.
“THEN IN 3-2-1, LET IT RIP”,yelled Dj Jazzman.
 
Both blades were launched in the dish and again they took no time into colliding, trying to get the better hand quickly. Johnny was quick into trying to put an end to the match:
 
“Salamalyon! Fire Rod!”, yelled Johnny.
 
The salamander got out of Johnny's blade and started to raise the heat in preparation of the Fire Rod attack.
 
“Draciel! Metal Shield, now!”, commanded Max
“No use Max! My attack will blast the shield away”, said Johnny cockily.
 
Draciel draped itself in an aqua sheild exactly at the same time as the Fire Rod attack connected sending a blast of vapor, clouding the dish. You could hear the colliding of the blades inside the dish.
 
“Draciel! Attack now!”, commanded Max.
 
And out of the blue Draciel charged at Salamalyon with great strenght and smashed into Johnny's blade, but Johnny smiled and Salamalyon started to push back on Draciel. But the turtle wasn't going to be beaten that easily and she took a step back and collided on Salamalyon again pushing it back slightly. Then both blades separated.
 
“Again Salamalyon, Fire Rod”, said Johnny.
“Now Draciel”, said Max
 
Draciel wrapped quickly in the aqua shield and before Salamalyon could do the attack Draciel collided with it and sent it flying out of the dish, putting an end to round 2.
 
“THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS. MAX WON THIS ROUND EARNING THE VICTORY FOR HIS TEAM. THERE'S A ROUND LEFT! CAN THE MAJESTICS WIN AT LEAST ONE ROUND?.”, said DJ
 
 

Kai stood up as he was chosen to face the last member of the Majestic. Robert advanced in his armor and stood on his side of the dish. Kai stood on the other side. Robert started to spin his flail getting ready.
 
“Well Brad it seems Kai's going for the last round. It's rare that it's not Tyson”, said A.J
“They are a team and they chose this, A.J. I'm sure Kai can keep things up with Dranzer”, said Brad.
“But don't count Robert out already! His Griffolyon is one tough customer”, said A.J.
 
YOU GUYS ARE READY FOR ROUND 3? WELL BLADERS, LET IT RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP, said DJ.
 
Kai launched his blade as Robert slammed the flail down and lauched the blade at the same time.
 
“Hmm, guys? I'd love to stay here and watch the match but there something I need to check”, said Reanne.
“Sure thing, I'd stay and watch, but I'm not going to act like Setsuna here”, said Takato, thinking of her fangirl mode.
“Do you need help?”, asked a hopeful Satoshi.
“Not really, but if you could remember the match and tell me about it, I'd be glad”, said Reanne to the blushing guy.
“Then I shall do that”, responded Satoshi, who was red like a tomato.
 
Reanne let out a small chuckle and left.
“I wonder what she's up to”, said Takato.
“I don't know but let's concentrate on the match here”, suggested Satoshi, being all too serious about his assignment.
 
Dranzer and Griffolyon didn't waste time circling each other and slamming into each other.
 
“Well Kai, you seems to be a powerful opponent, but I'm afraid things will be done soon”, said Robert
“Oh you're right about that”, replied Kai. “Because you're going down”
“Griffolyon, Wing Dagger attack”, Robert commanded.
“Dranzer, Fire Arrow now”, said Kai.
 
Both bitbeast shot out and started their own attack which only collided without real effect. Both beyblade slammed into each other, pushing them back to a respectable distance before slamming with much more force than before.
 
“Dranzer, Fire Slam down attack”, commanded Kai.
 
Dranzer went to the side of the dish and literally jumped up and attempted to slam down on Griffolyon, who evaded in the nick of time before slamming again on Dranzer. Robert looked at the match with interest.
 
“What are you waiting for to attack Robert?”, demanded Kai.
“Nothing much really, but if you want to lose so badly, I can help”, said Robert.
“Hmmm, in your dreams maybe, replied Kai.
 
“Griffolyon, Strike-Out now”, said Robert.
“Dranzer, Take him down for good”, commanded Kai.
 
Dranzer and Griffolyon started to spin faster and just slammed into each other again. The force of the blow made a thick puff of smoke, making it hard to see. In the end, another clash was heard and a loud clang resonated as Griffolyon, who was thrown out by Dranzer, slammed into Robert, who fell down on his butt.
 
“WELL THIS IS IT FOLKS, THIS MATCH IS OVER. KAI WON THE LAST ROUND AND BBA LEAVE WITH A PERFECT SCORE AGAINST THE MAJESTICS. THIS WAS DJ JAZZMAN TAKING OFF FOR NOW AND SEE YOU AT THE NEXT MATCH!”
 
“Well A.J! It seems DJ got all of it said for us. BBA won a perfect score of 3-0 against the Majestics. Putting them at egality with the newcomers, the Grim Reapers and Tsubasa Elite.”, said Brad.
“Well, I, for one, can't wait for another exciting match, Brad. It's time to take off! See you all next time for another exciting match”,added A.J.
 
“Well as usual, Kai won fast”, said Takato to his best friend. “It won't be hard for you to remember”
“Ha ha, very funny Takato! Hope you got some of their moves memorized otherwise Setsuna's going to have your head on a silver plate”, retorted Satoshi.
“Well, I would prefer her to kiss my head instead of ripping it! Good thing for me she didn't hear that, but I memorized everything! Don't worry!”, replied Takato.
“Well for the `not hearing you' part, I think it's a REALLY good thing”, said Satoshi.
 
Meanwhile, Reanne went back to the Tsubasa Elite's appartment room and got her laptop out.
 
“Let's see if my assumptions are right”, she said.
 
She opened it and after a couple of minutes she started a program and she saw a light blinking and a low beeping sound.
 
“I knew it”, she said, smiling.
 
 
Warstock: Well this is it for now, people.
Red Dux: Is Reanne cool or what?
Warstock: Of course she is! She's Setsuna-chan's best friend! And when it comes to the brain, their not so different. Beside, even if she wasn't cool, you'd still think she is, lover boy.
Red Dux: Repeat that!
Warstock: Huh, no! Don't be so childish. Beside, I think it's time for us to go into action, too. I don't think Setsuna-chan can wait any longer. She's gonna kill us if we don't find her soon.
Disclaimer: You're so right about that. So let's find her.
Red Dux: See you later, folks. Torture might be on the way, with Setsuna-chan's return.
Warstock: But it's always good torture, Red, my friend.
Red Dux: That's what you think.
Disclaimer: I feel the same way as Warstock!
Red Dux: Oh, whatever!