Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ A Lifetime of Love ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The sun was shining brightly with strong hot rays. It was the middle of summer to be exact. July 15th. Ichigo smiled brightly as he stared out into the sea in his red swim trunks. It was his birthday and his family had decided to go to the beach. Loads of families and groups of teens littered the beach,most in the water having fun and others on the sand getting tans.
"C'mon dad! Hurry! Let's go pick a spot!"
Ichigo called over his shoulder as he began to run down the hill of sand he was on top of,not being able to hold in his excitement. The strawberry giggled as he ran.
"Hey Ichigo! Hold up!"
The red haired boy looked over his shoulder and the next thing he knew he ran into a solid body. Ichigo fell back and covered his face with his hands. Rubbing it as if that would help the pain go away.
"Well if it isn't the Berry Head."
Ichigo froze as he recognized the voice and it's teasing tone. Ichigo peered through his fingers to find a smirking Grimmjow with his hand held out,offering to help the red head up.
"Ichigo are you okay?"
Isshin called out to his son as he neared the two boys. Grimmjow snorted as he took in Isshin's appearance. The man was wearing swim trunks with Hawaiian flower print on them.
"Heh! That yer dad,Strawberry Shortcake?"
"GRIMMJOW! MAH LIL BLUEBERRY!"
A booming voice broke through the air as a tall,nicely built,looked like he was around 6'1",brown haired man scooped up Grimmjow in his arms and hugged him. Ichigo just stared in utter awe. On closer inspection the man had longish disheveled brown locks that were up to his neck and piercing blue eyes. Ichigo looked at both of them long and hard to compare the similarities. Piercing familiar eyes,shaggy messy styled hair... Ichigo's eyes widened as if he had a revelation. This man was Grimmjow's father! The man was currently trying to give Grimmjow kisses and said boy was trying to push his father's face away from doing so.
"C'mon lil blueberry! Let me have one little kiss!"
"Agh...No thanks dad!"
Grimmjow gave one last push at his father's face before the brown haired man put him down. Isshin's eyes widened as big a saucers as he realized who was in front of him
"YOUR KID KISSED MY KID AT THE KINDERGARTEN CEREMONY!"
Grimmjow's father stared back at Isshin with equal recognition.
"NO! I BELIEVE YOUR KID WAS THE ONE THAT FELL ON MINE! AND THEREFORE HE IS THE ONE THAT MADE THE KISS HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE!"
Both men stood in silence,glaring daggers at one another. Isshin's face softened as he began to laugh and then held out his hand for Grimm's father to shake.
"You're right on some level. I'm Isshin Kurosaki and this is my son Ichigo." Isshin motioned to the red haired boy that stood next to Grimmjow. "My wife Masaki and my twin baby girls,Yuzu and Karin."
The two babies in their mother's arms cooed as if to say hello and then Masaki smiled to the blue eyed man.
"Name's Alessio Jaegerjaquez. Nice ta meet ya." Alessio shook Isshin's hand and grinned,the facial expression reminded Ichigo of Grimmjow's grin.
"Alessio what are you doing? I thought you and Grimmjow were going to look for a spot."
A woman with straight,long hair up to her rump and a light blue color like Grimmjow's hair walked up to the group. Grimmjow's face lit up and he ran over to his mother,giving her a tight hug. She smiled at him and he chocolate brown eyes lit up with joy. Isshin gawked at the blue haired woman. Not because she was just beautiful but because of her height. Standing next to Alessio it looked like he could just stomp her down into the sand. The woman stood at 5'0".
"Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be rude. This is my lovely wife,Thaleia." Alessio gestured towards her.
She gave Isshin and Masaki a warm smile,"It's nice to meet you."
Isshin looked at the couple questionably,"You have accents! Italian?"
Thaleia laughed,"No,no. We are from Greece. I'm half Japanese and Greek. I was born here in Japan,but was raised in Greece. Alessio here is a full blooded Greek. We had Grimmjow in Greece and I wanted him to know my other culture since I never had the chance to."
"Which is why we moved here when Blueberry was gonna start kindergarten." Alessio added.
Ichigo snickered and elbowed Grimmjow,"And you call me Berry Head."
"Shut up!" Grimmjow growled.
Masaki handed Karin over to Isshin and smiled at the Jaegerjaquez couple. "Oh you were looking for a spot too,right? Why don't we both get together and share a spot?"
The blue haired woman nodded her head excitedly,"Yes,yes! That would be lovely,right Alessio?"
"Yeah that sounds like fun."
The group walked around for a bit until they found a nice spot. It was not too far away from the waters edge but not too close either. The men put down the blankets while the women watched the baby girls. After the blankets were down the umbrellas were opened up and stuck into the sand to make shade for them. The men racked their brains out trying to figure out how to set the playpen up. Alessio being out of practice since Grimmjow was the only child he and Thaleia had. And Isshin because he never did it once in his life. Grimmjow cracked on both the fathers making everyone laugh and them heated.
After the battle with the playpen was over,Yuzu and Karin were put in and the rest of the family sat down. The adults spoke to each other while Ichigo and Grimmjow were kicking sand at each other. Masaki opened the picnic basket they had and gasped.
"Oh! I almost forgot!"
Alessio being curious leaned forward,"Fergot what?"
"That we have to sing happy birthday to Ichigo."
Ichigo and Grimmjow froze. The blue haired devil had a shit eating grin as he looked over at Ichigo. Ichigo didn't move for he knew what Grimmjow was going to say.
"Ahhhhhh! So it's your birthday,Strawberry." Grimmjow cracked his knuckles as he slowly made his way towards Ichigo. Ichigo started walking backward at the same pace Grimmjow was. Ichigo brought up his hands to cover up both his shoulders. Grimmjow brought his fist up and made a dash for the red head.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
Ichigo turned and ran as fast as his little legs could take him. "MAAAAAAAAA!"
The adults laughed as Grimmjow chased Ichigo in circles. Masaki yelled an apology but was cut off when Ichigo let out a scream. Grimmjow had Ichigo in the sand and was on top of him punching away at his right shoulder,not caring how many punches he was over his age.
0-0-0-0-0-0
"I'ma do just one nice thing. ONE! Ya hear me! Since it's yer birthday."
Ichigo nodded going cockeyed because of the finger Grimmjow had on his nose. Grimmjow turned around a looked over at the water's edge. He said an 'Aha!' as he ran over to the water at stuck his hands in. He pulled out a purple and white seashell and showed it to the red head. Ichigo cocked his head to the side in questionable way.
"Seashell hunting," Grimmjow stated. "I'ma get ya the prettiest seashells ta remind ya of the beach."
"Should a boy like you be saying 'prettiest'" Ichigo pointed out.
"Shuddup!"
Ichigo giggled as both the boys made their way into the water in search for seashells. As they searched for shells the made small talk on things they liked. Turned out they had more things in common than they knew. They both liked cats better than dogs. Their favorite Power Ranger was the Black Ranger. They both liked cheesecake. Preferably strawberry. They didn't like how their fathers were all over them. They loooove broccoli. And would do anything for their mothers.
Ichigo realized that Grimmjow really wasn't a bad kid. And that they could get along.
"Ya really surprised me."
"Huh?"
Grimmjow smiled as he put another seashell into a pocket of his swim trunks. "When I first saw ya I thought ya was a sissy boy."
Ichigo's cheeks puffed up as he glared at Grimmjow. He opened his mouth to say a comeback,but the blue haired boy turned and faced him.
"But I was wrong. Yer not a sissy."
"Why you say that?"
"Cuz ya fought back. Ya kept standin' up ta me. Ya got guts. And I think that's cool." Grimmjow gave Ichigo a smile.
The red head blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. "T-Thanks!" He returned Grimmjow's smile and Grimmjow jolted. The blue haired boy blushed and turned away from Ichigo. He shoved Ichigo playfully and laughed.
"Don't go gettin' soft on me,now."
Ichigo put his hand down to stop himself from falling in the water. He looked back at Grimmjow and shoved him back. The action was repeated by the blue haired boy and a shoving war sprung between the two of them. Ichigo made one last hard shove and Grimmjow lost his balance and fell in the water. He glared at Ichigo as the red head laughed his butt off. Grimmjow grinned and pulled Ichigo by his wrist down. He fell with a splash next to Grimmjow and he cackled to the skies. Ichigo just stared at Grimmjow where he was laying. He never realized how pretty Grimmjow's hair was before. The blue haired boy just laid next to Ichigo and stared up at the clouds in the sky. The sun was starting to set painting the sky in orange,reds and pink.
They laid there quietly letting the waves wash over them. Grimmjow grunted and lifted himself up a bit and reached behind him into the sand. He grabbed a hold of something and pulled it out.
"Wooooow!" Ichigo said.
Grimmjow was holding a conch shell that was white with blue and orange swirls. It was huge. The shell took Grimmjow both his hands to hold. Ichigo's eyes sparkled at how pretty it was. Grimmjow looked at the shell then at Ichigo and put it in front of him.
"Happy birthday,Ichigo."
Ichigo grinned from ear to ear as he accepted the shell. "Thank you,Grimmjow."
The boys smiled at each other. Their mothers called for them,saying that it was time to go home. They ran back to their parents and Grimmjow took a bucket and both boys emptied the shells from their pockets into it. Each one grabbed the handle and walked after their parents. Ichigo cradling the conch shell to his chest and Grimmjow smirking at the action.
This is the best birthday I ever had.
0-0-0-0-0-0
A.N:OOOOOOMMMMGGG this was soooooooo long to make,if it weren't for my big sissy this probably would have turned out short. German seemed a lil out played so we chose Greek :D Until the next chapter
Converting /tmp/phpN2GhgA to /dev/stdout