Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ A Lifetime of Love ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was the thirty first of July,Grimmjow blew out a figure five candle on his birthday cake. It was the blue haired devil's birthday and it was decided that it be a boys night out. The usual crowd of misfits and Ichigo along with Alessio and Isshin supervising all of them. Ichigo smiled at the overflowing with joy Grimmjow as he remembered how it all got set up.
0-0-0-0-0-0
Thaleia had called the Kurosaki's over,Ichigo was curious as to why but his mother refused to tell the red head child on their way to the Jaegerjaquez's house hold. She had smiled over excitedly at her eldest child,beaming.
"It's a secret. You'll see when we get there,it's a very special day today."
Masaki sing songed as she turned back around in the front seat of the min van they had. After a few good minutes they were in the Jaegerjaquez's living room,Yuzu and Karin crawling around the rug.
"It's Blueberry's birthday!"
Alessio gushed and exchanged smiled with Isshin and Masaki. Ichigo's eyes grew wide as he tugged on Thaleia's skirt to get her attention. Her warm chocolate brown eyes shined as she kneeled down to Ichigo's size.
"Mrs J,how old is Grimmjow turning today?"
"He is now five years old Ichigo."
The strawberry smirked fiendishly to himself.
"Well speak of the devil! Happy birthday Grimmjow."
Isshin walked over to the birthday boy and ruffled the blue haired boy's already messy hair. Causing Grimmjow to grin and try to swat away Isshin's hand. Masaki walked over to the boy with a box wrapped in gift wrap.
"Happy birthday Grimmjow."
She smiled sweetly as she handed over the present making Grimm's eyes light up even more.
"T-Thank you Mrs K."
A light shade of pink dusted across Grimmjow's cheeks.
"HAPPY B-DAY GRIMMJOW YA THUMB SUCKER!"
Nnoitra came busting into the living with Ikkaku and Kensei in tow. Thaleia paled as she stared at the three boys.
"How'd you three get in here?"she sounded close to a screech.
"Don't worry Mrs J I didn't damage the door when i picked the lock."
Nnoitra took a fake credit card out of his pocket showing it to the blue haired woman. Thaleia sighed in defeat.
"So thats how you open our door. Nnoi you do that thats kind of a crime. Am I going to have to call your mother again?"
"Aw Mrs J don't sigh like dat I-I promise this is the last time I'll pick yer lock. Just don't tell my Ma this time. Pleeeaaseee?"
Nnoitra claped his hands together and attempted to do puppy dog eyes.
"With sugar on top?"
Thaleia smiled as she gave into Nnoitra's pleading.
"Fine Nnoi I wont tell your mother."
Ichigo inched closer to the birthday boy and poked him,a grin still plastered on the strawberry's face.
"Happy birthday Grimm. Soooo...its your birthday and your turning five huh?"
Grimmjow gave the red head a confused look.
"Yeah so what of it Berry Head?"
Ichigo giggled making Grimmjow look at him as if he grew three heads.
"Hee I'm older than you Grimm."
The strawberry teased as a look of pure shock came over the blue haired boy.
"Wha-What?"
"I turned six that day at the beach."
Ichigo smiled brightly at the shocked boy.
"Bu-"
"So Big Blue,what do say all us men go to the bowling ally down town?"
Alessio cut Grimmjow off catching his son's attention. The blue eyed boy looked over at his mother with a conserned face on.
"You sure we should leave mom alone?"
"Oh don't worry Grimmjow,she'll be with my Masaki also Yuzu and Karin. So your mother wont be alone."
Isshin reassured the boy incouraging him to go bowling. The blue haired boy grinned.
"Okay,off to Strike."
Grimmjow cheerfully yelled leading everyone to the front door.
0-0-0-0-0-0
Ichigo smiled as he thought of the way Grimmjow's eyes had lit up. He had never noticed how pretty they were when they radiated joy.
"H-HEY!"
Ikkaku cackled as he put some of the chocolate ice cream cake on Grimmjow's face.
"IKKAKU YA BALD IDIOT THAT'S COLD!"
"WHO YA CALLIN' BALD? IT'S CALLED A SKULL TRIM!"
Kensei cracked a smirk and Ichigo along with Alessio ans Isshin laugh. Alessio cut the cake and gave it out to the kids. As they ate the two adults ate their own pieces of cake and chated.
"Hey dad I wanna bowl now. We're all done eating cake."
Grimmjow tugged on Alessio's shirt making the brown haired male smile.
"Sure Blueberry. I'll go get everyone some shoes."
Ichigo looked over Nnoitra nervously.
"Whats wrong Berry? Ya afraid of the big balls?"
Nnoitra began teasing the strawberry.
"Um...Noi I don't know how to bowl...could you teach me?"
Nnoitra opened his mouth to speak but Isshin cut him off.
"NON SENCE ICHIGO MY SON I'LL TEACH YOU HOW TO BOWL!"
Ichigo frowned as he stared at his father who had his hands on his hips.
"Um no thanks dad I asked Nnoitra."
The whole while when they were putting their shoes on nnoitra was grinning making Ichigo regret asking the skinny boy how to bowl.
"Okay Berry come with me to those big bowling balls over there."
The two ran over to the bowling ball rack.
"Try and grab that ball."
Ichigo nodded and with all his strenght tried to lift the heavy electric blue ball.
"I-I can't its too heavy."
"Aw c'mon ya sissy ya can do better than that."
The strawberry managed to get the ball off and a little away from the rack. Alessio turned around to look at the kids and paled at the sight of a snickering Nnoitra and Ichigo struggling with a bowling ball too heavy for him. The blue eyed brown haired male sprited over to the two.
"NO ICHIGO DON"T USE THOSE!"
Ichigo panicked from being yelled at and just as Alessio made it to the two children the blue ball fell from the red heads hands. It made contact with the brown haired males right foot making the tall man to freeze in place. A blood curtling scream broke through the chatter of the bowling ally. Nnoitra cackled his head off along with Ikkaku and Grimmjow. But the little strawberry was close to tears for he never liked it when an adult yelled at him.
"I'm sorry Mr J. I didn't kids weren't allowed to use those balls. Nnoitra told me to use it."
Alessio ruffled Ichigo's hair as he held a bag of ice to his hurt foot.
"It's alright Ichigo,I understand that it was an accedent. Now go have fun with Grimmjow and the others."
The reassuring smile Alessio gave off to the red head made Ichigo wonder if that was how Grimmjow looked like with a real smile. No grins or smirks, a pure smile.
After trying to roll a few kiddy size balls and pins Ichigo got bored. The red head walked around the bowling ally just to find an arcade. It had claw machines and many mini games that you play for tickets to win small prizes. Ichigo looked at the prizes first and then his eyes got glued to a nice looking ring that was silver with a black rose painted on it. He ran back to his father and asked for money to buy tokens to play so he could get the ring as a present for Grimmjow.
"Hmm you want to win a present for Grimmjow? Thats so sweet Ichigo."
Isshin teased his son making the strawberry blush.
"Sh-Shut up."
Isshin handed over a twenty and Ichigo changed it for tokens. Half an hour later and Ichigo had three tokens left for one last game. He decided to play the wack a mole game last,as soon as those suckers began to pop their ugly heads up Ichigo became a mad man. He hit left,he hit in the middle,right,middle,left,down left. The boy didn't miss a beat and killed those moles. In total the strawberry had two hundred tickets,the ring only one hundred,half of what Ichigo won.
"I'd like the ring,a whoopy cussion and that fake gum pack please."
Handing over the tickets and being given the iteams made Ichigo feel as if he won the Nobel Piece Prize.
"Ichigo its time to leave."
Alessio called over to the red head and smirked at the box with the ring that the boy held.
"Wow Ichigo thats a nice ring. That the one ya gonna give ta Blueberry?"
Ichigo nodded happily as they all left the bowling ally and into the car. Nnoitra and Ikkaku feel asleep as soon as they settled in the car. With poor Kensei in between them with their heads resting on the boy. Grimmjow and Ichigo were seated at the back of the mini van. Grimmjow began to doze off until Ichigo grew some balls and poked the blue haired boy into being awake again.
"What da ya want Strawberry?"
Grimmjow grumbled as he looked over at the red head with half lided eyes.
"I just wanted to give you a present. So again...Happy birthday Grimmjow."
Ichigo smiled as he handed over the ring and Grimmjow's eyes lit up as he stared at the big ring.
"Thanks looks pretty big I don't think it'd fit till I'm bigger."
The blue haired boy looked Ichigo in the eyes and gave him a pure smile.
"It's the best present I've ever had."
Ichigo pouted.
"You wont be saying that once you see what my mom and dad got you."
Grimmjow shook his head.
"Nah I'll still like yours best."
The blue haired boy wrapped his arms around Ichigo shocking the red head.
"Thanks Berry boy."
Ichigo smiled to himself,he was right,Grimmjow did look like Alessio when he gave a pure smile.
0-0-0-0-0-0
A.N:Turns out my computer ain't so dead it's just reeeeaaallly slow now well sorry for taking so long to make this. I hope it makes up for the long wait. And the arcade in a bowling ally well I've never gone to a bowling ally so I'm sure theres no such thing like that but just let my imagination roam. I just wanted a lil sweetness between Grimm and Ichi this time.
Converting /tmp/phpX2ZmmL to /dev/stdout