Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ A Lifetime of Love ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Small groans and grunts of frustration were heard throughout the dojo. Little children were littered around the place. Some sparring while others hung back waiting for their turn. Ichigo was up against his long time friend, Tatsuki. Grimmjow decided to hang back and watch the strawberry lose. Like he always did. The blue haired boy scowled as he remembered how they were enrolled into the karate dojo.
0-0-0-0-0-0
Ichigo's mother had picked the two children up from their first day of the third grade. She told the two with amusement clear in her voice that their fathers wanted to talk to them once they got to the Kurosaki house hold. The next thing the young Jaegerjaquez knew he and Ichigo were in the living room on the couch, staring face to face with two very serious looking fathers.
"You both are now in the third grade." Isshin started up.
"Ichigo,you're now nine years old." Alessio pipped up.
"Grimmjow,you are eight." Isshin started again, then in unison as if the two men were on the same wave length Alessio and Isshin spoke. "We want you both to learn how to fight! You both are MEN! And we want the both of you to be able to protect yourselves!"
Grimmjow glanced at the little strawberry and had the biggest urge to laugh. Ichigo's color was drained from his face, mouth slack open, and his eyes wide. It seemed the red head wasn't so excited about learning to fight and the blue eyed boy couldn't hold in his laughter anymore and laughed his ass off.
0-0-0-0-0-0
Grimmjow grinned as Ichigo continued to struggle to land a hit on Tatsuki. His grin grew as an idea popped into the blue haired boy's head.
"Oi, Ichi! Quit hittin' and missin' like a girl!"
Ichigo froze and Tatsuki glared over at Grimm,"I find that offensive,Grimmjow!"
"If it makes ya feel any better I don't think of ya as a girl,Tatsuki." Grimmjow cackled.
Tatsuki huffed and got back to the sparring match.
"C'mon Berry Head! Ya can do better!"
"Shut up!"
Ichigo kept yelling back as the whole time the blue haired boy teased him.
"My mitéra can hit better than you! No,your mitéra probably can hit harder!"
"THAT'S IT!"
Ichigo threw a hit as hard as he could, a surprised gasp was heard in front of him as his fist connected with Tatsuki. Grimmjow smirked, proud that the teasing had worked and made Ichigo try harder. Said boy pulled his hand back as if he touched fire and examined it. Tatsuki gave a warrior cry and gave Ichigo one last hit making the boy fall flat on his back. The orange haired boy groaned as he sat up.
Grimmjow's expression immediately went to one of panic as Ichigo's eyes began to water up. The blue haired boy would never have figured that the strawberry was such a cry baby when it came to fighting. What with how the boy grew balls when he fought with Grimmjow. Ichigo hiccuped and let the waterworks out.
The blue eyed boy was just about to get up and comfort the red head when a calm,loving voice called to the two boys.
"Ichigo, Grimmjow."
The strawberry immediately stopped crying and gave the warmest smile that Grimmjow had ever seen on the boy as Ichigo ran to Masaki. The red head wrapped his arms around his mother and continued to smile brightly.
"Hey mommy,guess what? I finally landed a hit on Tatsuki!"
"Oh,really Ichigo? I hope you didn't hit her too hard because you can't forget that Tatsuki is a girl after all."
Ichigo shook his head, "No mom. I didn't hit her hard 'cause she came right back with full force."
Grimmjow stared at the heartwarming moment in front of him, admiring Ichigo's smile.
"Oh! Grimmjow,your mother his waiting for you so why don't you go and get dressed." She looked down at Ichigo with a warm smile of her own. "You run along,too, Ichigo."
The two nodded and ran to the changing room of the dojo. After that Masaki walked Grimmjow to Thaleia's car. The blue haired woman hugged Grimmjow and showered him with kisses. The blue eyed boy blushed but didn't push his mother away like he would his father.
"Thank you Masaki for walking Grimmjow here while I talked to Alessio on the phone. You sure you don't want a ride back home?"
"No, thank you Thaleia. I have to go buy somethings at the grocery store on the way home."
Thaleia nodded and turned the car on. Grimmjow leaned over the car window as Ichigo looked up at him.
"See ya later, Grimm!"
Ichigo beamed,catching said blue haired male off guard. It always amazed Grimmjow how Ichigo would act when his mother were around. Then again the blue eyed boy himself would act differently with his mother.
"Y-Yeah. Later Ichi."
Grimmjow waved as the car sped off and away from the two Kurosakis.
"Well then Ichigo shall we get going?" Masaki asked as she gripped Ichigo's hand in hers and they began to walk away from the dojo.
"Hey,mom. Can you get me a Ring Pop when we get to the store?"
"Hmm...We'll see if I have any money left okay sweetie?"
Ichigo nodded as they walked to their destination. The bell on the store door chimed as the two entered. And the clerk at the register welcomed them with a smile. Masaki and Ichigo walked through the store picking up fruit, some juice and cereal. As Masaki payed for what she got Ichigo tugged on her dress causing the brown eyed woman to look down at her child with a questioning glance.
"What is it,Ichigo?"
"The Ring Pop."
Masaki smiled and ran her fingers through her son's hair.
"I almost forgot, thank you Ichigo."
She added the item with the rest and grabbed the shopping bags, taking out the Ring Pop and handing it to Ichigo. The strawberry ripped the wrapper and popped the candy ring in his mouth. As they were a block away from the store an odd looking person came up to Masaki.
"Excuse me,Miss,but could you give me some directions?"
Masaki's eyes widened as if she just remembered something.
"Um,hold on a second." She looked down at Ichigo. "Ichigo,sweetie. I forgot to buy some milk at the store,could you go back for me?"
Ichigo eyed the stranger wearily, the man was wearing very dirty clothes and was scratching his wrists and arms continuously. He turned his eyes back to his mother and agreed to go back. She gave the strawberry some money and sent him on his way with a little push. The red head looked back and then continued to run forward. Ichigo ran to the frozen section and took a gallon of milk,paid,and ran out the store.
Ichigo had a bad feeling about that stranger and he just wanted to get his mother home as soon as he could. The boy's eyes were locked on the two figures as they were still talking. Suddenly the man began to yell at Masaki as she stepped back. A knife was in the dirty man's hand. In one quick motion the man slashed at the brown eyed woman's throat and as she fell clutching her throat the man yanked her purse and ran.
Ichigo stopped midway and stared in horror as his mother bled. Dropping the milk he shook his head slowly as he tried to process what just happened. He then ran to his mother, tears coming down his cheeks.
"MOM! MOM!"
He continued to yell as her frightened eyes landed on Ichigo. She shook her head and tried to speak but only a gargling noise escaped her lips. Masaki brought her bloody hand up and rested on Ichigo's right cheek. The boy placed his hands on his mother's throat wanting to help her stop the bleeding as her grip on her throat began to slip.
"No...No. MOM! MOM!"
Ichigo's tears landed on his mother's face as he wailed for her. Masaki's eyes softened as he eye lids began to droop, closing slowly. She gave Ichigo one last smile as her hand slipped down the boy's face, landing on the ground.
0-0-0-0-0-0
Isshin clutched onto Alessio for support as he cried. The blue eyed man tried his hardest to comfort the man clinging to him as best as he could. Thaleia had stayed in the Kurosaki house looking after Karin and Yuzu while the two men and Grimmjow had gone to the hospital. A stranger had stumbled upon the bloody scene and immediately called for an ambulance.
As soon as Isshin had gone in the waiting room he had hugged a blood covered Ichigo in a tight embrace. A doctor of the hospital then proceeded to tell Isshin that Masaki had passed away. A nurse gave Isshin some clothes that Ichigo could change into and had went to get the boy changed. When they came back Alessio asked and Isshin broke down.
Ichigo sat in a chair in the waiting room with the hospital clothes he had changed into. Grimmjow knelt in front of a lifeless Ichigo. The red head was so quiet it made the hairs on Grimmjow's neck stand on end. He felt so horrible about Masaki's passing, the woman was like a second mother to the blue haired boy. And in the three years they knew each other he had come to love her like his own mother. Grimmjow stared into brown soulless looking eyes at were staring into space.
"Ichi...Ichigo? Can ya hear me?"
The red head turned his gaze to Grimmjow but said nothing. The look on the strawberry's face made Grimmjow have a look of hurt on his own face. What kind of heartless bastard would take a mother's life right in front of a child?
"It's me...Grimmjow. C-Can ya hear me,Berry Head?"
Ichigo's eyes lit up with recognition.
"Ichi...everything is gonna be okay. Alright?"
Grimmjow stroked the boy's arm lightly in comfort, trying to be the smaller boy's support like Alessio was being Isshin's at the moment.
"If...If ya wanna cry I'm right here fer ya."
The blue haired boy closed his eyes and opened his arms as if he were waiting for a hug. Feeling nothing but air Grimmjow was about to let his arms drop at his sides, but before he could Ichigo jumped into his arms wailing.
"G-Grimm...Mom! Mom is g-gone!"
The boy hiccuped as Grimmjow wrapped his arms around the crying boy awkwardly and began to rub Ichigo's back.
"I-I couldn't do a-anything. It's my fault Grimm! It's may fault M-Mom is gone!"
After a few minutes Alessio and Isshin grabbed the boys and headed home. Bearing bad news to Thaleia and the two girls.
0-0-0-0-0-0
A.N: Wow that took a long while to throw together. It took forever to come up with a way to kill Masaki off. But yeah sad chappy and sorry it also took so long to update.

mitéra- means mother in Greek
Converting /tmp/phpmWe1Ev to /dev/stdout