Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Ishida and Ichigo: 18 themes of Love (or something like it) ❯ It's Not A Closet If It Has No Door ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: It's Not A Closet If It Has No Door
Author: Christina/AquaianGoddess
Rating: PG-16
Summary: It's not that Ichigo is gay
Warnings: Mentioned Isshin abuse, Ichigo's potty mouth, and, uh, stuff
Disclaimer: Sadly they're not mine, I just like to play with them, then return them only slightly rumpled and stained.
 
5) Over the Rainbow
 
Ichigo had to kick the shit out of his father eight times before he could get to the relative safety of his bedroom. His father had been wearing a rainbow striped shirt and giving Ichigo tubes of lubricant (In front of his little sisters too!) and prattling (prattling? he must be hanging around Ishida too much) on about how he supports his precious son's homosexual endeavors and other such stupidity that Ichigo had to stop him from going into before his head exploded. It wasn't that he didn't feel at least a little comforted by the fact that his father was okay with him and Ishida, but there was just one problem.
 
Ichigo wasn't gay.
 
Ichigo wasn't straight, though, either.
 
Ichigo based his attraction to people on their personalities, not their gender. Ichigo didn't like Inoue because of her huge breasts (to be honest, they scared him a little and he often feared that she would die of suffocation because of her breasts. Ishida had laughed when Ichigo said this, but agreed that they were a bit daunting), but because of the bigger heart that beat behind them. It was her desire to help and heal people that made her so attractive (She wanted to help and heal people the way her brother and Tatsuki had done for her, he knew. That, and her odd tastes, were what made her special). Tatsuki was another one that was special. Tatsuki was Ichigo first friend outside his family, and while that may have something to do with his attraction to her, it was her inner strength and determination, as well as the gentle softness she kept hidden from everyone else, save for her closest friends (Tatsuki had been Ichigo's first kiss, as both were curious to see how it worked and why everyone was so excited about it). And as for Rukia? She's somewhat of his mentor, and his kid sister... that relationship was just to messy to begin with, without the added hassle of sexual tension. Then there was Chad. Chad was the first boy Ichigo ever felt attraction to, and not because the boy was hot (Ichigo freely admitted this, if only because when he said it, Chad would blush). Chad's nature had called to Ichigo, the rough exterior that he showed the world (though he never raised a hand to defend himself) and the "gentle giant" that he was within.
 
When compared to the others, something was different about Ishida. He had the inner qualities that attracted Ichigo to him, same as the others did, but he hadn't jumped them in the boys bathroom (it would be kinda hard to jump Tatsuki or Inoue in the boys' bathroom, but that's besides the point), so what was it about Ishida that made him lose his cool (in more ways then one)?
 
Ichigo slammed his foot into his brightly colored father's chest, knocking him to the ground for the ninth time that day with a growl.
 
He'll figure it out. Eventually.
 
Right after he burns his father's rainbow shirt.