Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Ishida and Ichigo: 18 themes of Love (or something like it) ❯ Bad Day ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Bad Day
Author: Christina/AquaianGoddess
Rating: PG-16
Summary: Ishida's bad day, and Ichigo's baffling case of nice
Warnings: uh...some sort of fluff?
Disclaimer: Sadly they're not mine, I just like to play with them, then return them only slightly rumpled and stained.
 
10) eye glasses cleaner
 
Ishida scowled as took off his glasses to clean them against his shirt, which didn't get rid of the smudges so much as it made them worse, and he gave up with a sigh. He had run out of glasses cleaner earlier that week and just hadn't had the time to pick up more.
 
"Stupid glasses. Stupid weather. Stupid blackboard." He growled under his breath as he cleaned up the classroom at the end of the (still) rainy day. It had been raining constantly for the past week, he noted absently before turning to squeeze out the sponge and accidentally hitting his hip on the corner of the teacher's desk. "Ow! Stupid desk. Stupid, stupid, stupid-"
 
"You shouldn't beat yourself up like that, Ishida." Ichigo's voice said from behind him.
 
"Shut up, Kurosaki. The world is against me." Ishida scowled more as he finished cleaning the blackboard, rubbing at his sore hip.
 
Ichigo blinked. "Bad day, huh?"
 
"Bad week." Ishida hissed as the bucket of dirty water splashed him as he went to pick it up. "Damn it!"
 
Ichigo took the bucket from him (not getting splashed with the dirty water of evil as he did, Ishida noticed) and pressed a soft kiss to Ishida's temple. "Here, let me help, and we'll get out of here that much quicker, okay?"
 
Ishida blinked and nodded. "Kurosaki-"
 
"Hm? What's up Ishida?"
 
"Nothing! Nothing. Just... Thanks, Kurosaki."
 
Ichigo smiled. "Don't mention it, Ishida."
 
Ishida watched him as he carried out the bucket of dirty water and grabbed the broom from where it rested in the closet, wondering at the odd fluttery feeling in his chest. 'That's never happened before.' He thought to himself as he swept the room. 'I've been sleeping with Kurosaki for awhile now, and I've seen him smile plenty of times...so what caused that reaction?
 
"Curiouser and curiouser." He murmured aloud.
 
"'Now I'm opening out like the largest telescope that ever was! Good-bye, feet!'"
 
Ishida turned to peer at Ichigo, who had apparently returned from disposing of the dirty blackboard water (of evil) and gave him an odd look. "What?"
 
Ichigo grinned. "It's from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland."
 
"The book by Lewis Carroll?"
 
"Yeah. It was Yuzu's favorite when she was little. Mom used to read it to her all the time. Sometimes, Yuzu and I will read it together." Ichigo shook his head a bit and gave Ishida a half playful, half serious look. "Of course, if you ever tell anyone else that, I'll be forced to kill you."
 
"Of course." Ishida deadpanned, amused.
 
Ichigo blinked and reached into his bag. "Oh yeah, I got you something." He pulled out a small plastic bottle and a cloth and took Ishida's glasses off his face. "I noticed you were out of that stuff you use to clean your glasses, so I got you some." Ichigo said, cleaning Ishida's glasses for him as he spoke.
 
"Kurosaki-"
 
"There." Ichigo replaced Ishida's glasses on his face and smiled at him. "Better, right?"
 
"Yeah..." Ishida could only stare, startled by his revelation.
 
He, like an idiot, had gone and fallen for Ichigo.
 
"Well, hell." Ishida said, scowling.
 
"Huh?"
 
"Nothing Kurosaki. Just realizing exactly how dirty my shirt got when the water got on it." He covered up quickly.
 
"Then you can wash it at my place." Ichigo said, as if it was the most natural thing in the world, and tucked the glasses cleaner and cloth into Ishida's bag. "Come on, let's go."
 
Ishida smiled and followed Ichigo out of the classroom.
 
At least now Ishida could see clearly why he fell for him.
 
(More Author's Notes: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is the original title of Alice in Wonderland, and Alice's story is actually two books, one of which is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and the other is Through The Looking Glass And What Alice Found There. I like the idea of Ichigo reading to Yuzu, and while I know Ichigo is a Shakespeare fan, I like to think that it came about because of all the books his mother read to him as a child. or something. Anyway, that's enough of my book dorkery.)