Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Ishida and Ichigo: 18 themes of Love (or something like it) ❯ Color ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Color
Author: Christina/AquaianGoddess
Rating: PG
Summary: Ichigo waxes philosophical about image
Warnings: none really. just sap. and, uh, one curse, but we can let it slide, right?
Disclaimer: Sadly they're not mine, I just like to play with them, then return them only slightly rumpled and stained.
 
11) hair dye
 
Ishida sat on the bed with Ichigo's head in his lap, running his fingers through Ichigo's hair. "Did you ever think of dying your hair, Kurosaki?"
 
"Hm? No. Why?"
 
"You'd get less hassle at school."
 
Ichigo peered up at Ishida. "Do you want me to dye my hair?"
 
"No, I like it."
 
"Why do you like my hair?"
 
Ishida blinked down at Ichigo, and at his fingers running through his hair. "...it's part of you who are, I suppose. It's something that defines you as a person."
 
"Then why would I change it? Would my personality be different if I dyed my hair black? Would I stop cursing and fighting with my father? Would I study more? No. I'd still be me, but I'd be trying to be something I'm not, which is fucking annoying."
 
Ishida smiled. "I see. You know, Kurosaki, sometimes you can be frighteningly insightful."
 
"Yeah, yeah. I've filled my quota of 'frighteningly insightful' for the month, so you need to stop asking stupid questions or my head will explode."
 
Ishida couldn't stop the laughter that bubbled forth, and when he heard Ichigo start laughing with him, he couldn't imagine why he'd ever want to.