Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Ishida and Ichigo: 18 themes of Love (or something like it) ❯ Wonder of Wonders ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Wonder of Wonders
Author: Christina/AquaianGoddess
Rating: PG-16
Summary: Ichigo's late-night musings.
Warnings: Ichigo's train of thought, crack, and creepily accurate logic. Frightening, isn't it?
Disclaimer: Sadly they're not mine, I just like to play with them, then return them only slightly rumpled and stained.
 
12) Modern Science
 
"You know what, Ishida?"
 
"Hm?"
 
"If something happened to all the women in the world, only men would be left."
 
"Obviously, Kurosaki."
 
"No, hear me out. If there were no women left, we wouldn't be able to reproduce, right?"
 
"Right."
 
"Wrong."
 
"What?"
 
"With modern technology, it's totally possible for two men to have a baby. Men can repopulate the Earth!"
 
"...What?"
 
"See, with women, they'd just make more women since all they have are 'x' chromosomes, but men have both 'x' and 'y' chromosomes, so they could make both boy and girl babies."
 
"What brought this revelation on?"
 
"I was thinking about what our kids would be like."
 
"...Kurosaki?"
 
"Yes Ishida?"
 
"Go to sleep, you are obviously suffering from insomnia-and-fever-induced dementia."
 
"But our kids would be so cute, Ishida!"
 
"Ichigo?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"Please stop talking and go to sleep."
 
Ichigo snuggled closer to Ishida and tucked his head into the dark haired boy's neck, Ishida's cool skin feeling wonderful on his fever-hot flesh. "G'night, Ishida."
 
"Goodnight, Kurosaki."
 
Ishida spent the rest of the night imagining little orange-haired Shinigami Quincies.