Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Ishida and Ichigo: 18 themes of Love (or something like it) ❯ Black Black Heart ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Black Black Heart
Author: Christina/AquaianGoddess
Rating: PG-16
Summary: Why do you offer more? Why do you make it easier on me to satisfy?
Warnings: Karin is inquisitive, Yuzu is sweetly oblivious, Ichigo says one line, and Ishida is a dumbfuck. Hey, it had to happen at SOMEpoint.
Disclaimer: Sadly they're not mine, I just like to play with them, then return them only slightly rumpled and stained.
 
13) Origami
 
There was something about Ichigo's hands, Ishida mused, that he really, really liked. They were currently sitting at the table in Ichigo's kitchen with his two sisters folding origami and Ishida was watching Ichigo's hands as they deftly folded the tiny paper cranes. Ishida had originally though that Ichigo would be horrible at such a task, but was pleased to be proven wrong, especially when seeing Ichigo with his sisters and folding the tiny paper cranes with them. His face relaxed a little, and his sister's (Yuzu, her name was. Ishida had only known her name for the longest time, and now he had a face to go with it) laughter, paired with his other sister's (Karin. She reminded Ishida so strongly of Ichigo that he would've known she was his sister in the street... once she opened her mouth) scowl and fierce concentration on making her mangled piece of paper resemble a crane. The three of them together, making cranes, it made Ishida feel like he actually had family, a feeling he hadn't had since his Grandfather's death. He was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he didn't realize Ichigo had asked him a question until Karin kicked him (she had her brother's kick, just like Chad had said...) under the table.
 
"What?"
 
"I'm going to the store for drinks, you want anything else?"
 
"Whatever you're getting is fine, Kurosaki."
 
Ichigo nodded and left, leaving Ishida alone with the two girls. The very thought of it suddenly made Ishida's throat close in terror. Yuzu excused herself to the bathroom and Ishida almost begged her to stay before catching his tongue in his teeth and humming an acknowledgement, hands busily folding cranes. He had no idea why he was so nervous, though this was his first time being alone with Ichigo's sisters.
 
"...Are you sleeping with my brother?" Karin asked, as blunt and straight-forward as her brother was.
 
"What?" Ishida stared at her. He refused to rub at his knee where she kicked him earlier.
 
"You've been sleeping with my brother, right?"
 
"I fail to see how that's your business." Ishida said, eyes returning to his crane.
 
"Are you in love with him?"
 
"I'm not talking to you about this."
 
"You are, aren't you? I've seen it in the way you were looking at him."
 
Ishida stopped his folding and met her eyes again. "To be honest, what I feel for your brother confuses me. I didn't start out this relationship in love. It was a matter of convenience at first, but now..." Ishida shook his head and clenched his jaw. "I'm not talking to you about this."
 
"Fine. Just don't hurt my brother."
 
Ishida nodded absently and they say in silence until Yuzu returned, and even then Ishida didn't say anything more than the appropriate agreeable noise when necessary.
 
When Ichigo returned, he had placed a canned drink in front of Ishida before giving his sister's their drinks and settling back down to finish making their cranes.
 
Ishida wondered when Ichigo found out what his favorite drink was, wondered when he got so attached, wondered why he had been so at ease with the idea of being love with him at first, wondered why Ichigo was being so damn nice...
 
Wondered when Ichigo had become "Ichigo" rather than "Kurosaki".
 
Wondered why he thought this would ever work out in the first place.
 
Ishida stayed for another half hour after that, then left them with the excuse of homework waiting for him at home, and no Yuzu-san, he can't stay for dinner and no, Kurosaki, he didn't need to be walked home, goodnight.
 
Really, it was better for him this way.