Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Side of the Moon ❯ Close to You ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Close to You
*Lonna*
It's so strange. I wonder what have I gotten myself into? How could I let someone like Kenisuke turn me wild? But yet, I can't help but notice how charming that vampire is. Oh God! Why do they all have to be so hot?
I felt someone poke me in the back with two fingers. I snickered to myself slyly. “Oh-ho-ho!” I laughed out loud. “You think you're so clever, my lovely vampire! Well not this time! I know it's…” But when I turned around, Poppy was standing right in front of me. I felt dumb all of a sudden. “….you….” I said at last. “Uh… okay….” Poppy said confused.
“Make you into a wild woman, eh?” Poppy asked as we ate lunch on the bench under the willow tree. “Yep.” I summed up. Poppy thought about that for a moment. “Why?” she asked. I turned to her with a serious look on my face. “He says he loves me.” I answered. That froze Poppy stiff. “What?” she asked in shock. “That's what he said.” I replied with a shrug. “Odd.” Poppy said. “I know.” I said. “Why does he even want me? I'm only thirteen years old.” “Don't know.” Poppy said. We sat in silence for a moment.
“That reminds me,” Pops spoke up. I turned to her to listen to her. “I think Matt Vincent's hitting on me.” she went on. I was intrigued. “Really?” I asked. Poppy looked unimpressed as she nodded. I didn't know what to say. “Wow!” was all I could say at last. “Yeah,” Pops replied. “I would have fallen for him if he hadn't dissed me Ralph!” I looked at her with interest. “What do you mean?” I asked. Poppy looked at me as if I was crazy. “Matt accused my Ralph of cheating on me!” she snapped. “Can you believe that? I mean, sure he's a flirt. But I can perfectly trust Ralph with Melanine in a room alone for hours at a time.”
I looked away nervous. I remembered what Melanin said last night. She was at her desk writing. She was humming happily. I was curious but didn't ask any questions. It wasn't my business so I didn't bother. But Mel confessed it anyway. “I just slept with Ralph!” she exclaimed in joy. I froze pale with shock. “Isn't Ralph Poppy's boyfriend?” I asked nervously. Mel turned to me with an innocent smile on her face. “Yeah,” she replied. “That's what makes him even more desirable.” Then she went back to work. I couldn't move. Ralph was cheating on Poppy with her best friend!
Should I tell her? I felt sick all over. “Lonna?” I heard Poppy ask. “Are you alright?” She was shaking me loose. I hit her away wildly. “STOP IT!!!” I screamed out. “STOP TOUCHING ME!!!” Poppy stopped and stared at me. “Is something wrong?” she asked. I finally caught my breath. I couldn't do it. I just couldn't bring myself to tell her.
“Look,” I said. “I don't feel too well. I'm going to go walk for a while.” “Okay.” Poppy said. Then, I stood to my feet and walked away.
I felt like an idiot for coping out like I did. Now I saw why Kenisuke wanted to make me tougher. That made me even happier to participate. I will not fail you Ken-kun!
Teenage Wasteland