Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Side of the Moon ❯ Universal Mind ( Chapter 41 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Universal Mind
*Lonna*
Debate class. I don't know why I am here. Somehow my schedule got mixed up. (I suspect its Kenisuke's doing!) But it's too late now! Might as well grin and bear. Maybe it'll be fun.
I didn't expect this to be part of my training. But it was. The teacher stepped in. Shona was an interesting woman. Like most of the teachers at TZA, she's not afraid to speak her mind. My housemates would love that. Plus, she's decent looking. I shook myself from breast envy. I refuse to stoop down to Melanine and Angelica's level. I am high above them. I am here to learn! Nothing else! Little did I know…
“Morning class!” Shona called out. “Morning!” we called back in tired voices. The teacher sat down at her desk and opened her books. “Now,” she said. “What topic should we debate on today?” This is how it works, Shona picks a name from the attendance book, she calls on them, and they pick the topic. I felt nervous like usual in this class. Please don't pick me! Please don't pick me!
Shona smiled to the class. “Whitfield Lonna!” she called out. I looked up pale. Aw crap! Now, I'm stuck! Everyone turned to focus on me. I think I'm going to be sick!
No! No, you can do this! Just pick an easy topic and keep quiet for the rest of the class period. I looked hard at the chart. Hm, let me see. Politics? Too controversial. Science? Too bland. Religion? Same as politics. History? Not today. Sports? Yeah! Now to work it!
“Why do we label ourselves in sports?” I asked aloud. My audience eyed me. I've got their attention. Now to keep going! “How do you mean?” one student asked. I drew in a deep breath. “Like,” I began. “Why do you all label sports people as jocks and things? I mean, I run track and I'm not beauty queen cute. So why the labeling?”
Everyone was silent for a moment. “I agree!” a cheerleader called out. “I think it's stupid!” “Me too!” a soccer player yelled out. “I see,” Shona replied. “And how shall we deal with this problem?” We all thought about that for a while. No real solution came to us.
Pretty soon, we were all debating about different things. I myself was actually speaking my mind. I found myself enjoying it. The more I spoke, the more I surprised myself. I never knew that I was so opinionated. I was crushed when class was over. I wanted to debate even more and longer. *Sigh* Oh well. There's always tomorrow, I guess.
I was walking to my next class when I heard a low whistle behind me. I slowly turned and saw no one. I smiled to myself. It's him all right!
 
Yes?
 
Have a good day in class?
 
I smiled again.
 
Yes, I did!
Island in Your Heart