Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Side of the Moon ❯ Private Ale ( Chapter 43 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Private Ale
*Melanine*
I should be happy now. I have Ralph in my hands and I love him. But why am I miserable? I try to ignore it but the problem just won't go away. Everyone here gives me the evil glare. I don't know why. Ralph loves me and Pops dumped him and not the other way around. Sure, I cheated with Ralph on her. But I'm not Shannon and married to someone else. But why am I so miserable?
I hit play on my answering machine. “You have one new message!” it says. I roll my eyes. Here comes another boring message from grandma. “Hey baby,” Ralph's voice echoes throughout the dorm. “Just thought I'd call my favorite girl! Talk to you, bye!” The machine beeps. “You have no more new messages,” the machine speaks again. That message just made me want to throw up. I used to enjoy Ralph's phone calls. But now, I just want to scream every time I hear his voice. I was even tempted to throw the damn answering machine right out the window just to get relief. I am always close to pulling my hair out over hearing his voice on the phone. I shouldn't feel this way! So why am I? Argh! It's all getting to me fast. Is it guilt? But why?
Pops is starting to look happy again. She is smiling and talking to different boys without me. They all talk and look at her as if she is the hottest thing on the planet. Even Matt is paying great attention to her. Guys used to shower me with attention whenever I walked into the room. And now, they just ignore me and focus on Little-Miss-Perfect- Poppy! It's no right! It should be the other way around! I should get the attention, not her! Little slut! I hate her again! What the hell makes her so special? Just thinking about her stealing my title of campus queen makes me want to drink myself sick. I just want to rip off all of her ugly hair! I bet she's probably faking her happiness just to piss me off! It has to be! How else is she keeping this up and not crying like a baby by now? I ought to give her something to frown about! Yeah! Maybe I should spread some nasty rumors about her all over campus. I should make out with Ralph right in front of her. That would send her running out of the room in tears. That would really make me day!
I pause and shutter in disgust. What am I thinking? That's not me! I'm not usually the jealous type! The girl is my best friend. (Or was, rather.) Where the hell is this coming from? Why are we letting a guy tear us apart? We promised each other that we wouldn't let that happen to us ever! Where did why go wrong? I begin to fidget nervously. I am close to biting my nails again. I haven't done that since I was just a little girl. I think I'm going to be sick again. I have to do something or else I might snap and go crazy. Ow! My head is starting to hurt again. I need… I need… I need another drink.
It's always the same thing when I am crushed lately. I go to my fridge, drink down bottle of booze until I puke, sit on the bathroom floor, and cry myself to sleep. That is exactly what happened today, buddy! I was f**ked up today!
Bittersweet Migraine in My Head