Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Side of the Moon ❯ How I Miss You ( Chapter 66 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
How I Miss You
*Winry*
It sucks that I’m not as close to Edward as I was before I came here. We barely get time to see each other anymore. The least he could do is say hi to me once in a while. Is that too much to ask for? Huh?
I forced myself to calm down.
No use getting angry over it. But still… He should be able to talk to me sometime. It’s not fair. I hate when he shuts me out like this. This isn’t like the other times either. I know that he was trying to protect me then. This time is different. I really don’t like why he keeps trying to avoid me this time.
It only strengthens my belief that I think he’s cheating on me. That has to be it. Yet, I don’t have any proof. I just have the feeling that he is. I can’t ask him, because he would probably lie or deny it. Either way, I don’t win. My main problem is confronting him about my hutch. I don’t want to sound like I’m accusing him or anything. But yet, I just can’t drop it in a causal way either. I flopped back onto my bed. The ceiling seemed to swirl upwards to the sky at the moment. I tightly shut my eyes.
I need some help.
I opened my eyes as one name crossed my mind. Suddenly, the door opened. I lifted my head at the sound.
“I’m back,” I heard someone say. I completely sat on my bed.
“Welcome back!” I called back. Poppy peeked her head in the doorway.
“Hiya!” she said. I gave her a little wave. She noticed my face.
“What’ s the matter?” she asked. I shook my head at her. She sat down on the bed with me.
“It’s Edward, is it?” she asked. I turned to the window.
“Pretty much,” I said.
“How bad is it?” she asked. I didn’t speak.
“Oh,” she said. “I’m so sorry.” I flopped back on my bed.
“I just don’t know if he’s cheating on me or not,” I said.
“Oh,” she said again. “I know that feels.” I nodded at her.
“I don’t know how to confront him about it,” I said. Poppy took a moment to think about it.
“I know how that feels,” she said. I groaned aloud.
“I don’t know what to do,” I said. I buried my face with my pillow. At that moment, I just wanted to go away from the world and hide.
“Did you try writing a letter?” I heard Poppy ask. I lifted the pillow from my face.
“Huh?” I asked. She gave me a little shrug.
“I don’t know,” she said. “Maybe a letter might work.” I sat up at that suggestion.
“How?” I asked.
“It’s a start, isn’t it?” Poppy asked. I thought about that for a moment. I finally nodded as if trying to convincing to her.
“I guess,” I said. Her suggestion confused me. I took about thirty minutes to piece together how I would do this. In the end, I sat down at my desk and just began to pour my heart out on the page. It didn’t think I was doing it right then and I still don’t think I did it right now. But it’s worth a shot, I hope.
Dear Edward:
We barely talk anymore. Are you okay? I miss you so much. Maybe we should try to get together or something. Please let me know. I’ll be waiting near Turtle Lake. Be there at seven.
Love, Winry
P.S.: Don’t stand me up!
I read over the letter. It took me a while to write this. I think it’s good now. I hope I can get through to him with this.
I folded up the letter and left it at his dorm.
Come Down and Waste Away with Me