Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 3: Chap 18: Back Up ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Back Up
In the early morning hours, Canti realized something. He could not fight this battle on his own. He needed some help this time. The kamimortal sat up in bed and looked over at Anzu. She was still away in dream land. Canti breathed out some. Good, she's not up yet. Canti turned to her alarm clock on her nightstand. 6:45 in the morning. Anzu always awoke at seven. He would have fifteen minutes to make the call. He had to act fast. The kamimortal climbed out of bed, got dressed, and left the room. Once in the hall, Canti drew out his cell phone. He dialed a familiar number. The kamimortal held the phone to his ear. He waited for the ringing on the other line.
“Come on,” Canti mumbled. “Come on, pick up. Pick up.”
“Hello?” someone said on the other line. Canti breathed out in relief.
“Elizabeth!” he whispered loudly to her.
“Canti?” the girl asked him on the other line. “Canti, what's wrong? Is Arestil at it again?”
“Yes,” her brother replied. A pause came onto the other line.
“Oh my!” Elizabeth gasped out. “Canti! Have you fallen in love again?”
“Yes,” he replied softly. Elizabeth became overjoyed and worried all at once. It was starting again. Arestil had declared yet another war against her brother's love life. When would she ever stop? Was she that blinded by her jealousy? Why couldn't she just let the past go? Well, time to get to work then.
“I'll be right there!” Elizabeth replied. “Meet me in the park when you can!”
“Thank you, Liz!” Canti replied. They hung up together. Canti looked into Anzu's room and then his phone. Five more minutes to spare. The kamimortal hurried back to bed and climbed in. He lied down next to his lover. Anzu slowly awoke in a couple of minutes. Canti lied over her smiling.
“Good morning,” he said to her. Anzu smiled at him warmly.
“Hey,” she said. Her lover kissed on softly on the lips. She kissed him back.
“How was last night?” the girl asked her.
“Better than before,” her lover replied.
“Will I see you again?” Anzu asked. Canti smiled at her warmly.
“Of course you will,” he replied. His lover smiled at him in waking joy.
“I love you,” she murmured to him. Canti lightly played with her hair.
“I love you too,” he replied. Anzu lightly giggled at his words. She was unaware of the war heating up right away. But lucky for them both, Canti already got help along the way.
Right before school, the kamimortal waited in the park on the bench. He looked up at the sky. Arestil had really sunk so low this time. Blackmailing his girlfriend into not seeing him again. His older sister really met her cruel ways this time. He just hoped that Anzu wouldn't run away or he could stop Arestil this time. He really needed a win this time.
“A penny for your thoughts?” someone asked him aloud. The kamimortal looked up and saw his younger sister Elizabeth smiling at him brightly. Canti gave her a sad smile back. Elizabeth looked the same as always. Small shape of a teenage girl, short bouncy red hair to her nape and ears, cute lime green eyes, wide hips, cheerful breasts, and a cute little baby face. She wasn't dressed up as a dominatrix today however. Just a simple schoolgirl uniform. Canti looked her up and down in silence.
“No leather this morning?” he asked.
“I have to blend in here,” Elizabeth replied. “Can't be mistaken for a prostitute while I'm helping my older brother, now can I?” Canti shook his head at her. Elizabeth sat down next to him.
“So,” she said. “What's her name?” Canti's mood changed to cheerful again.
“Anzu,” he answered. “Anzu Mazaki.” Elizabeth looked at him slightly confused.
“Doesn't she already have a boyfriend?” she asked. Canti nodded.
“But I love her so much,” he went on. Elizabeth saw in his eyes that he had found the one after many years of loneliness. She could always tell what mood her brother was in just by looking in his strong brown eyes. She used to help Arestil torture and kill Canti's lovers out of bitter jealousy and revenge. But then, Elizabeth saw the pain in her older brother's eyes when his loves were dead or chased off. At first, she tried to ignore it. But over time, his pain got to her and wouldn't leave. Thus, her switching sides and helping Canti protect his lovers from Arestil's cold heartless wrath. Elizabeth sat back looking serious.
“Wow!” she breathed out in shock. “And you sure she is the one this time?”
“Yes,” Canti replied without any hesitation. Elizabeth looked up at the sky in complete moved shock.
“Okay then,” she said after a few seconds of silence. “What do you want me to do?” Canti looked up at the sky as well.
“Just keep Anzu safe,” he replied. “I can't bear to lose her. I won't know what to do with myself if I do.”
“Of course,” Elizabeth replied. “I will do my all to fulfill that promise.”
“Thank you, Liz!” her brother said.
“No need,” the younger sister spoke. “I just can't stand to see you in pain anymore.” Both of them looked up at the sky until Canti quietly left for school. Elizabeth followed behind in secret. She would have to get the facts on her own after school.
No Pain and Suffering