Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 3: Chap 21: Deed ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Deed
Canti bit his lip on this next part. He had come to an unflattering decision. He had to turn Anzu immortal. He didn't want to do it, but he just had no choice anymore. Arestil would just keep going after them until no end. Jealousy had eroded all rational thinking in her brain. Vengeance became her new lover. Canti came this realization after a night of lovemaking with Anzu. He looked down at the sleeping lover in his arms. Her beauty stirred up some new warmth in his heart. He had fallen hard for her over the school semester. The boy was sure that Anzu was the one this time. She had stayed with him ever since this whole mess started again. That's when that old Satan crept back into Canti's mind.
“You really do love her Canti,” it said to him. “Turn her immortal! You know Arestil can't kill her then. What are you waiting for? Just do it! Do it!” The kamimortal fiercely shut his eyes as he shook his head.
“No!” Canti argued back in his head. “I can't do that to her!”
“And why not?” this Satan asked him. Canti swallowed hard.
“If something were to happen to me, Anzu-chan would be all alone,” he reasoned. “I can't put her through all of that!”
“But you can't afford to lose her either,” it reasoned as well. “Think of all of those nights of loneliness, those nightmares of all those you loved crying out to you, Arestil's mockery. Don't let her have her way again.” Canti shook his head.
“Okay, so you're right there,” he agreed. “But there has to be another way!”
“No, there isn't,” the Satan told him. “You know that.”
“But there has to be,” Canti tried to reason. “Isn't there?”
“No,” it said to him. “Stop making excuses! If you want the girl to live, then turn her immortal.” Canti shut his eyes and shook his head again.
“The risks are too high,” he replied. “She probably can't take! It's not worth it!”
“Says who?” the Satan asked him. “You? Do you love Anzu-chan?”
“Yes,” Canti replied.
“Well then,” the Satan reasoned. “Do you and her a favor and turn your beloved immortal.”
“I can't!” Canti fought back. “It's too dangerous!”
“But if it's out of love, it should be worth, shouldn't it?” the Satan asked.
“Yeah…” the kamimortal replied weakly. “But…”
“But what?” the Satan asked him. Canti bit his lip nervously at the worst case scenario. He didn't want to say it, but there would be nothing else to shut this monster in his head up. So, out it came.
“She could die…” the kamimortal said in an almost weak croak. “I don't want to lose yet another lover. She really is the one this time! I can't take that chance and lose her because of something so trivial!”
“Better her to die by something that could save her than by Arestil!” the Satan threw back. The gentlemen had the back and forward for a little while longer. In the end, Canti had been worn down.
“Fine,” he said. “I'll do it! I'll turn Anzu-chan immortal.”
“Good boy!” the Satan hissed at him. Canti opened his eyes in sickness. He had just decided to do the one thing that he promised himself not to do. But what could he do? Either way, the kamimortal just lost in the end. Canti looked down at Anzu again. She looked so peaceful sleeping in his arms there. Seeing her again gave the boy another sense of calm in his soul. Maybe turning her won't be so bad in the end. He leaned down and lightly kissed her on the forehead. “Anything to keep Anzu-chan safe!” the kamimortal thought. But first, he would have to tell her the truth before acting. That was always the hardest part to do.
In the morning, Anzu woke up to find Canti sitting on the foot of her bed watching her. The boy was already cleaned and dressed for school. But, that wasn't what caught Anzu's attention this morning. He had that look of sorrow in his eyes. She sat up looking at him worried.
“Canti-kun,” the girl spoke up. “What's wrong baby?” The kamimortal trembled all over. He didn't want to have to do this. But, Arestil has left him no choice now. Canti swallowed hard. He broke down and told his beloved about the whole process of turning a human immortal, the high risks, and results at the end. He didn't bother to sugarcoat a single thing. Anzu listened with a stoic face. When he had finished, Canti drew in a deep breath. He took his lover by the hands.
“Anzu-chan,” he spoke up. “I have to know something.”
“Okay,” she said. “What is it?” Canti squeezed her hands tightly.
“I have to know,” the kamimortal spoke up. “Are you up for this whole process? You have to be certain. Once it starts, the only way out is death. I don't want to put you through it unless you really want this.” He hoped that his beloved would say no. But, Anzu had a sharp look of determination in her eyes at him. She grabbed onto his hands as well.
“I'll do it!” she said aloud. Canti looked at her surprised in shock.
“But… Anzu-chan…” he spoke up. Anzu lightly shushed him. Her lover went quiet right away. She looked at him with some sweetness in her eyes.
“Baby, I'm willing to risk anything just to be with you,” the girl told him softly. “I have thought about it for a long time and now I am sure of it. Turn me!” Canti toughened up as well.
“Okay then,” he spoke up. “We will do it in seven days. Meet me out in the park late at night.”
“Is that all I have to do?” Anzu asked him.
“Yes,” Canti replied. “And don't tell anybody about this whole ritual, okay?” Anzu nodded at him quickly. The kamimortal relaxed some. He began to regret this already. But how could he deny the request of a lady? He lightly kissed her on the lips. His beloved kissed him back. The couple slowly parted.
“Great,” Canti replied trying to sound happy about the whole thing. “I will see you in the park seven days from now.”
“Okay then,” Anzu agreed willingly. Canti got up and headed to the door.
“I'll see you at school,” he told her as he opened the door. Anzu nodded at him on that one.
“Alright,” she told him. Then, Canti walked right out of the room. He still regretted the plan, but at least now his beloved would be safe from Arestil in the long run. But would it really be worth it in the end?
No Turning Back