Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 5: Chap 29: Tender ( Chapter 29 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Tender
Arestil was in her room looking out her window when she felt two strong, warm arms wrap around her. A little smile came onto her face.
“Kane!” she said softly. “It's so good to see you again.” A warmth glow spread all the way through her chest. He lightly rested his chin on the top of her head.
“I just got back tonight,” he said. “You smell good.” Arestil took in his deep warmth. She hadn't had a boyfriend since her last love of her life was murdered years ago by one of Canti's former lovers. Kane was slowly healing her heart. But yet, he always came and went. That didn't stop him from being a saving grace to her in other ways.
“So, who's the new girl that Canti is with now?” Kane asked.
“Mazaki Anzu,” Arestil replied.
“Mazaki Anzu?” She showed him a picture of the target on her window. Kane smiled at the image.
“Whoa! She's cute!” His girlfriend glared at him.
“Kane!” she hissed. Kane shrugged with his shoulders as he held her.
“Hey, your brother has good taste in women,” he said.
“That's not the point!” she hissed. They were both silent for a moment.
“Right,” her boyfriend replied. “So have you and Lizzie gotten far with this mission?” Arestil gave him a serious look.
“She's not doing it this time.” Kane looked in slight surprise.
“Are you serious?” Arestil nodded at him.
“I'm afraid so. She's helping Canti protect Anzu.”
“Ooo, that's not good.” He held her closer to his body.
“Still, we have more than enough to kill Anzu.” His girlfriend looked up at him.
“What do you mean?”
“I have back-up when we need it.” She began to look really nervous at those words.
“You don't mean…” She paused. “No way!” The kamimortal really began to worry as she remembered what happened the last time they were involved. Kane held her closer to him. She could feel his heart beating against her back. He deeply smelled her long hair.
“Don't worry, babes. I won't summon them until I need to.” She looked up at him, still uneasy. Kane gave her a little smile. He softly kissed her on the lips.
“I promise.” Arestil smiled back at him.
“Okay.” They just smiled out into the darkness.
Meanwhile, Canti made plans of his own with Anzu. He knocked on his beloved's window early in the morning. Anzu hurried over and opened it up for him.
“Canti?” she asked. “What are you doing here?” The kamimortal hugged her close.
“I can't be long, so I'll make this quick,” he whispered. “You can't stay at your house anymore.” Anzu looked at him confused.
“Why?” she asked.
“It's not safe for you here anymore,” he whispered. “My sister's boyfriend is back and he has joined in on killing you.” Anzu looked at him with big eyes.
“Her boyfriend?” she asked.
“Never mind that now,” Canti said quickly as he shook his head. “You can't stay in your house anymore. Now, I have already arranged for you to live with a close friend of mine for a while. I will explain everything after school, okay?” Anzu nodded at him slowly.
“Okay…” she mumbled. Canti breathed out some.
“Good,” he said. “Meet me up at school. Everything's all set.” Then, he disappeared into the air. Anzu watched him, blinking. Had it really gotten that bad for them? Where was she going to go now? An uneasy feeling began to build up in her throat. She had no choice but to go to school and hide it like she normally did.
The whole day seemed tense for her. Many of her classmates noticed the look on her face.
“Mazaki-chan, what's wrong?” they would ask. Anzu could only shake her head and keep going. How could she explain that her lover's older sister and her boyfriend were planning to kill her and she would have to leave her own house to one of her lover's friends? They would think that she had lost her mind. So, she did her best to avoid everyone until the afternoon. Too bad her boys didn't seem to catch on that she wanted to be left alone. Jounouchi and Honda kept following her around and asking questions.
“What's on your mind, Anzu?” Honda asked.
“What's wrong, Anzu?” Jounouchi questioned. The girl tried her best to ignore them. But, their questions kept coming to the point she wanted to scream at them to shut up. Lucky for them all, she managed to keep down her temper down long enough to talk.
“It's my parents,” she lied. “They have been fighting lately and… and… they're even talking about divorce!” The boys went quiet from there.
“Oh,” Jounouchi said. “Well… we're here if you need us.” Anzu nodded slowly.
“Right…” she mumbled. The boys turned and walked away. She held her breath until they were completely out of view. The girl slowly exhaled once they were gone. It was then she realized the stakes of the game had been risen and maybe it was time to stop playing. But yet, Anzu also found herself addicted to the excitement of the prize that always awaited her every night. So, she put more money the pachinko machine and played another sexy round.
Anzu went out into the schoolyard. Canti sat under the tree, waiting for her. He smiled in relief as he saw her walking towards him.
“Good, you're here,” he said. “How have you been holding up?” Anzu shook her head with a snow white face. She didn't have to speak in order him to understand.
“Okay…” he replied. “Don't worry love, I have it all put together.”
“How?” his beloved asked.
“You will stay with Myonji Koto.” Anzu looked at him uncertain about this arrangement. Canti paused for a couple of seconds before explaining.
“She is a close friend of mine,” he went on. “I have trusted her with my dates for years. You will be fine, you have my word on it.” Anzu didn't say anything at first. But then, she pressed her lips together, tightly.
“Okay,” she murmured. “I'll go wherever you want me to go.” Canti leaned in and lightly kissed her on the lips.
“Come with me,” he whispered. The kamimortal walked forward and held out his hand to her. Anzu slowly walked forward and took his hand. The couple left the schoolyard together. They took the bus out of the city. Anzu kept her head down and stayed back her lover the whole time. Canti had to gently pat her on the head to keep her calm.
“It's okay,” he whispered. “We're almost there. It won't be long.” Anzu nodded quickly. They didn't speak on the bus. The couple came into a rich neighborhood. Canti led the way while his beloved stayed behind him. She nearly stepped on his heel at one point. They came to this big house at the end of the street. Canti walked up to the gate. He turned to his lover.
“Now Anzu-chan,” he said softly. “Just let me do all the talking.” Anzu nodded. The kamimortal took and rang the bell on the gate.
“Yes?” a voice asked on the other side.
“Koto!” Canti replied. “It's me, Canti. I have brought Anzu with me.”
“Sweet!” the girl said on the other line. “Come on in, baby!” The gate slid open and the couple walked right through. They walked up the neat path to Koto's front door. The door opened up wide. A girl about their age looked out at them. Her hair long and black to her waist. She looked so pale that Anzu thought she never had been out in the sun for a long time. But the most shocking thing was what she had on. Koto was dressed in a skin-tight black tube top and a cut-off Daisy Dukes. Anzu began to look really worried. What has Canti put her in now? The kamimortal gently held her hand.
“It's okay,” he whispered. “You're in good hands here.” Anzu swallowed hard as she forced herself to smile and nod. She hoped that he was right this time. Koto looked the other girl up and down for a moment. Her face didn't change at first.
“This Anzu?” she asked.
“Yes, Koto-chan,” Canti replied. There was a thick moment of silence. Koto finally smiled at them.
“Sweet!” she cheered. “I have been waiting for you guys since Canti called me last night! Come right on in!” Canti gracefully bowed his head.
“Thank you, old friend,” he replied. The couple walked inside. Koto took one more look around before closing the door behind them.
From the bushes, Kane watched them. A cold smile came onto his unforgiving lips. “Found you, little Anzu. It's only a question of time before we end your life. And that is running out for you!
A Question of Time