Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 5: Chap 32. Succubus ( Chapter 32 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Succubus
The call to action came rather suddenly. Yugi, Jounouchi, and Honda had to rescue Anzu from wherever she was. Something had drastically changed about her. Her skin glowed an unhealthy aurora. She started getting headaches and feeling nauseated during class. Yesterday, their friend collapsed in the hallway. Anzu spent the rest of the day in the nurse's office. The boys couldn't grasp what was happening to her. They tried to ask her what was wrong, but she didn't want to talk about. Anzu even tried to avoid her friends whenever she could to avoid the subject. No one could seem to get through to her. No one except Canti.
They seemed to be talking so much lately. It seemed almost in an unhealthy way. Yugi had his suspicions before, but dismissed them to paranoia. But now, he wasn't alone in his concerns.
“You she's cheating on you, Yugi?” Jounouchi asked one afternoon on their way back to class. Yugi froze in place as he hands became pale. His friend looked on at him with a closed mouth.
“Yugi?” he asked.
“It's not true,” the boy mumbled.
“Yugi?” Jounouchi asked again. His friend jerked his head upwards.
“Anzu would never do that to me!” he cried with tears in his eyes. “It's not like her! That's not her at all!” His friend suddenly regretted asking the question in the first place.
“Yugi, I just…” he said. Yugi shook his head.
“No, no,” he said. “I can understand why you would ask.” Both went quiet. Jounouchi shuffled his feet.
“You miss her that much, don't you?” he asked. Yugi nodded. His friend's face changed.
“Don't worry, pal!” he perked up. “We'll get her back!” The shorter boy slowly lifted his head at him. His tear-filled eyes came into view.
“You mean it?” he asked. Those tears reached his friend's heart. Jounouchi nodded.
“Yes,” he replied. “We will do whatever it takes.”
“Guys!” someone called to them as if on cue. The boys looked up and saw Honda running over to them. Jounouchi raised an eyebrow at him.
“What's going on?” he asked. Honda made it over to them and paused to catch his breath. He stood straight once he was better.
“I found her!” Honda said at last. “I found where Anzu has been these past few weeks!” Yugi and Jounouchi's eyes shot wide open.
“What?!? Where?!?” they asked.
“I overheard Anzu talking to Koto in the nurse's office a few minutes ago,” he explained. “Both aren't doing so well. Anyway, Anzu's been staying at Koto's house all of this time!” His friends blinked at that whole statement.
“What?” Jounouchi asked.
“Why is she there?” Yugi asked. Honda shook his head.
“Can't say,” he replied. “But we have to get Anzu back now; she's not looking so well.”
“How bad is it?” Yugi asked.
“It's pretty bad,” Honda told him.
“How bad?” Jounouchi asked, pressing for more information. Honda bit his lip.
“She looks like she just came out of the grave,” he mumbled. “She really needs to get to a hospital and soon.” Jounouchi stepped forward.
“Okay then,” he said. “We have no choice but to kidnap her back.” Yugi and Honda looked up at him as if all sense had just ran away from his brain.
“What are you saying?!?” Yugi cried.
“Think about it,” his friend said. “It doesn't look like she'll willingly go with us, right? Plus, she's in no position to fight. So, we have to grab her when we can.”
“Yeah, but how?” Honda asked. Jounouchi shrugged.
“What else?” he asked. “We have to grab her from here.”
“WHAT?!?” his friends yelled.
“Kidnap her from school?!?” Yugi asked.
“We have no other choice,” Jounouchi reasoned. “Can you guys think of anything better?” Yugi and Honda kept silent. Their friend nodded. He turned to Honda.
“She's gone back to class by now, right?” he asked.
“I guess…” he said.
“Okay!” Jounouchi boomed. “Let's grab her while she's asleep.”
“But what do we say to people asking questions?” Yugi asked.
“I don't know,” his pal said. “We're taking her home because she's sick?” The boys said nothing. They finally nodded at last.
“Alright,” Jounouchi said. “Let's go.” He started walking down the hall.
“Jounouchi!” Yugi cried.
“Yeah?” his friend shouted.
“Our class is that way,” the short boy said as he pointed behind him.
“Huh?” Jounouchi asked as he looked behind Yugi and Honda. That little fact finally hit his mind. *Sweat drop on his head*
“Oh yeah…” he mumbled. Then, he started walking in the right direction this time. Yugi and Honda followed behind in silence. This looked difficult already.
Meanwhile, Canti saw another problem already unfolding while he was sitting in the computer lab. I don't know what to do, he thought. Anzu's power is growing too quick for me to suppress. If this kinds up, her body will be crushed from the inside. I knew this was a bad idea. He became pretty grim as he came to another realization.
But, I can't take back the gift now. Stopping the process will stop Anzu-chan's heart and kill her there. Canti didn't really plan this whole thing out well. Loneliness and impulse got the better of him this time. The intent was not to kill his beloved Anzu. He only wanted to keep her safe from Arestil. But now, it looked like she would die by his own unintentional hands. He shut his eyes for a brief moment to block out the pain again. Oh dear, this mess has gotten more complicated in a different way this time.
But suddenly, Canti's train of thought stopped cold. I don't hear anything. For the past few days now, he could hear Anzu suffering with her powers in his mind every time he closed his eyes. But right now, there was dead nothing. Canti jerked his eyes opened. That could only lead to two possible concludes: her powers finally stabilization or she was now gone. He knew the former wasn't the case. Canti felt his stomach down. He leapt out of his seat and raced down to his homeroom.
“Sensei!” he cried as he pushed the door open wide. The teacher looked up as she was about to start the last class of the day. She raised an eyebrow at the kamimortal.
“Canti-kun? What seems to be the problem?” the teacher asked.
“Anzu!” he said in between pants. “Where's Anzu?” The teacher shrugged at him.
“Her friends took her home a couple of moments ago,” she said. “They said that she wasn't feeling well lately and I let them go.” All of the color drained from Canti's face. The mess had just crashed down into getting worse. The teacher gave him a puzzled glance.
“Is something wrong, Canti-kun?” she asked. The kamimortal quickly shook his head.
“No, no!” he lied. “It's just that Anzu has been really sick and I thought something might have happened to her.” The teacher gave him a calming look with her eyes.
“It's so nice to see that students care about their fellow classmate,” she said. “I'm sure that she's in good hands.” Canti nodded despite knowing otherwise. No, she's not, he thought. You and they do not know how much Anzu is at risk if her power spirals out of control. He reached into his jacket pocket and pressed another button with his thumb as hard as he could. This shock therapy in a tube would have to hold until he could find a way to manage his beloved's better in a more effective way.
Hours later, Anzu's eyes fluttered open at a musky scent of garden supplies in the air. Where… am I? she thought as she looked around with sleep still in her eyes. Dimmed shadow greeted them. She found herself sitting on a hard wood floor. She could feel the weak sun on the left side of her face. Her eyes scanned the room again. Garden supplies, Christmas decorations and tree boxes, boxed clothes, old toys, a bike, and power tools were nearly on selves above her. These things hit Anzu hard with an unsettling realizations.
Am I in a shed? she thought. Not enjoying how this was turning out, Anzu tried to get up and leave. However when she tried to do so, she noticed that was her arms were chained down to something above her head. What the… the girl thought. Against her better judgment, Anzu looked above her. Her wrists had been handcuffed down to two tall, thick, metal clothes line poles. *Sweat drop on Anzu's head* Okay, this is just…
“Oh good, you're awake,” a familiar voice said. Anzu froze and turned forward. Yugi, Honda, and Jounouchi all stood over her, looking down.
Chained Up Hostage