Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 5: Chap 35: Vampire ( Chapter 35 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Vampire
I am falling…
Koto hasn’t been to school in days. In was normal for her to skip a day of school. When days turned into weeks, it then became a problem. Everyone is starting to ask questions.
“Is she sick or something?”
“Maybe it’s a family issue.”
“You know, Mazaki-chan hasn’t been in school lately either.”
“Think they might be connected?”
“Maybe…”
Only Canti knew the answer and he didn’t like where it was headed. At least, Anzu was safe in her shed prison. For now, that is. He couldn’t say the same thing for Koto.
Her house reeks of death. Nobody can see into the house anymore. The farthest anybody as gotten is jus to the gate. Even little kids won’t go near her house. On Saturday, Canti spotted three little boys looking into the gates. Curious, he walked over to them. The boys looked up when they heard his footsteps. Canti stopped in place. He gave them a little wave.
“Uh… hi…” he mumbled. The boys didn’t speak. Their little eyes stayed fixed on him as if he was a new display in the museum.
“Uh… what’s going on inside there?” Canti asked as he pointed to Koto’s house. The boys looked through the gate again. Canti looked along with them. The faint scent made from the house made his stomach turn.
“Oh,” he said, taking a step back.
“Scary,” one of the boys said. Canti tried to swallow his uneasiness as he pressed the call button. A soft crackle buzz before the line became clear.
“Hello?” he asked. “Is anyone home?” No answer came.
“I’m one of Koto’s classmates,” he said. “I came by to give her today’s homework.” He still didn’t receive an answer, but the gate slid wide open. The boys hid behind him.
“A-Are you really going in there, mister?” the head boy asked him.
“I have to,” Canti said. Then, he walked past the open gates and fought the scent of death off in his head. The boys trembled as the tall steel slowly drew closed.
“Be careful,” the lead boy whispered. Then, Canti disappeared down the path to the house. The boys leapt up and ran away as the gate slammed shut.
Canti turned the brass door knob to find it unlocked. A puzzled look came over his face. She has never been this careless, he thought. He opened the door and peeked inside. Flat, numbing silence greeted him. His eyes scanned the dark inside.
“Koto?” he asked. “Are you here?” The cool darkness drew him inside. The feeling and stench death ran wild around him. His eyes scanned for any inch of life in the room.
“Hello?” he asked. An icy feeling like needles danced up his spine. He turned to flip on the light, but nothing came on. He reached into his bag for his phone. When he pressed the buttons for a light, the gravity of the situation began to build itself piece by piece. The house looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in weeks. Bills were stacked up on the corner of the table. There was even a notice for cutting off the water, lights, and electricity. Canti shook his head grimly.
Oh Koto, he thought. The kamimortal paused when he heard a small shuffle down the hall. Hm?, he thought. Canti turned and walked down the hall. The sound of his own footsteps didn’t help how creepy things felt at the moment.
“Koto-chan?” he whispered. “Koto-chan?” A low groan further down the hall caught his ear.
“Koto-chan?” he murmured. He took slow steps down to the source. He came to her bedroom door. The wood felt so cold against his fingertips. The scent of death laid strongest behind the door itself. His stomach dropped into his abyss of doubt. He knocked on the door anyway.
“Koto-chan?” he asked. “Excuse me, but I am intruding.” Canti slid open the door and went inside.
The room was just as dark as the rest of the house. Canti tried to sense any form of life as he took slower steps into the room. He paused when his foot touched something heavy and cold.
“Hm?” he asked himself as he turned the phone downwards. A wrinkled hand looked as if reaching out for anything. Against his better judgment, he let his light trail further down. The rest of the arm looked skinny and drained. The shirt sleeve didn’t even hold it so well. Canti recognized the fat silver ring on the middle finger. He covered his mouth in shock.
“Myonji-san?” he asked. Canti looked around at the floor with his light. The master of the house wasn’t the only person he saw. All of the servants and Koto’s mother were just as rotted out and drained as Myonji-san. Canti shook his hand.
“No…” he murmured.
“Can…ti…” he heard a hoarse voice whisper. The kamimortal’s eyes lifted upwards to the back wall. A pair of big, glassy eyes stared back at him. Canti swallowed hard.
“Koto-chan?” he asked.
“Canti!” a voice tried to squeak. A small, pale hand reached out to try and touch him. Canti moved his light to get better look. A harsh scream filled his ears.
“It burns! It burns!” she cried. Canti drew back his phone from her face.
“Koto,” he said. “What happened to you?”
“Canti…” the girl murmured. “Canti… Canti…” He paused and glanced over at her.
“Yes Koto?” he asked. He leaned in close to his friend. Her plump lips leaned up close to his ear.
“Kiss me!” she whispered. Canti’s eyes widened as he looked down at her. It all began to make sense now.
That smell…, he thought. It’s coming from her! That’s when saw the blood around her mouth. Canti shook his head. He tried to put his hand to her chest and chant a spell. However, a sharp pain shot through his hand, causing him to yank it back. Koto looked up with big, high eyes.
“Kiss me!” she whispered again. Canti sat back on the bed, shaking his head.
“No,” he murmured. “No, no, no!” A soft laugh escaped from Koto’s lips.
Kiss of Poison