Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 6: Chap 41: Sacrificing Vanity ( Chapter 41 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sacrificing Vanity

“You have no choice but to do this,” Elizabeth told him. Canti trembled before he nodded.

“Yes,” he said at last.

“Do you want me to come with you?” she asked.

“No,” Canti said.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

She didn't answer at first. Then, Elizabeth bowed her head. “Very well.” She slid forward the knife. “You know what you need to do.” Canti took the knife and stuffed in the side.

“Thank you,” he said. The kamimortal rose to his feet. “I'm off now.”

“Good luck,” his sister said. Canti bowed and walked out of her living room. Elizabeth watched as the door closed. She already made up her mind.

--------

Elizabeth gave him the location of where Koto was being held. Canti stood in front of the doors of an abandon church outside of the city. He could hear the whispering from inside. The kamimortal closed his eyes and took in a breath. Memories of Koto filed his mind. She was the one to hide his lovers from Arestil's jealous rage. She was the one to cheer him up when he was down. She was the one push him further for love. It was Koto that kept him going.

Canti opened his eyes.

“Wait for me,” he said to himself. Canti pushed open the doors. The cool breeze him in the face. Aside from the light in the stain glass windows, he couldn't see inside. But, he knew that he wasn't alone. The dark pressure against his chest told him so. He moved his hand to his knife.

“Come out and show yourself!” Canti commanded. He held his breath as he could hear the footsteps coming down towards him. Small flickers of light danced upon the candles on the altar. Canti's heart raced against his chest as he saw his greatest fears were realized. Koto sat on a stone throne wearing a very low-cut black dress. Her hair and her nails were all black too. The light from the candles made her skin look so pale. Canti took a step backwards.

“Canti-kun,” Koto said. “So lovely to see you again.” Memories of her skipped around fast in his head. He slowly shook his head.

“No…” he said. “You can't be Koto. You can't be her!” His dear friend leaned forward.

“But I am Koto,” she said. “I was dead and now I am rebirth.” Canti started shaking. That cheeky smile she wore became colder. That sunny spicy glow she had had been snuffed out. Koto rose to her feet. She seemed to glide down the stairs as she moved. Every fiber in Canti's being screamed run. He had his hand to his knife, but he couldn't will himself to draw it. She still wore his dear friend's face. Koto stood inches away from as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She stared at him with a dreamy look in her eyes.

“I love you,” she murmured. “Kiss me.”

Those words were enough to wake him.

Stab!

Koto gasped with the knife in her chest. She drew back her arms as she staggered backwards. Canti stood over her with tears in his eyes. He shook his head.

“I'm so sorry, Koto-san,” Canti said. Koto tried to speak, but no words came out. He pulled out the knife from her chest. The blood splashing his face didn't faze him.

Slash!

Koto's head flew back to the altar. Silence fell heavy in the church. She still had her mouth open as if to say something. The empty eyes made Canti's stomach drop. He turned and walked away as fast as he could.

---------

Canti found Elizabeth standing outside, waiting for him. His eyes showed how worn out his was as he dragged his feet.

“Well?” his sister asked with her head cocked. Canti practically looked dead inside. The bloody knife slipped out of his hand and hit the ground. Elizabeth looked down at her feet.

“Understood,” she said. Canti walked by her without saying a word. Elizabeth held her hand to her chest. Canti In her fist, she held a small golden bottle. The material broke down into dust in her hand.

Take More, Give Less