Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 8: Chap 53: Set Her Free ( Chapter 53 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Set Her Free

Arestil used to be happy. She had a love of her life too. They were going to marry. But something happened and he disappeared from her life. Arestil never got an answer why. So she took it out on her brother's lovers. But she doesn't know the whole truth.

“Nee-san. Nee-san. Nee-san!”

Arestil twitched her nose in her sleep. A hand reached forward and pushed her on the shoulder. The woman clenched her teeth and growled as she opened her eyes. Elizabeth stood beside her bed. She had a dead serious look on her face. Arestil sat up with her eyes narrowed.

“Elizabeth?” she asked. Arestil turned behind her. Kane was still sound asleep.

“He's not going to hear her,” Elizabeth whispered. Her sister looked into her eyes.

“Why are you here?” she asked.

“We need to talk,” Elizabeth said. Her sister narrowed her eyes.

“What do you mean?” she asked. The younger kamimortal took the sides of her face. She closed her eyes and focused her energy into Arestil's mind.

“What… What are you doing?” the older sister asked. Invisible waves ripped through the air. Arestil went quiet as her inner eyes were opened.

-----------

WhatWhat is this?

Arestil was in the arms of a man with long blonde hair. The full moon shined against his pale skin. He nuzzled her on the ear.

This is

They were to marry by tomorrow night. He devoted his time and heart to her happiness. He kissed her atop her head.

“I love you,” he said. Her cheeks turned bright red.

“I love you too,” she whispered. Wait, what was his name? She forgot what his name was. She even almost forgot what his face looked like.

Why? Why are you showing me this?

You have to see the truth.

No!

Don't turn away from it!

Time skipped to the night of their wedding. She wore a long white dress with her veil. They were to meet up at the temple and wed. A young Arestil couldn't wait to be his bride. The scene skips again.

Her beloved was on his way to the temple. He had a bouquet of dark purple flowers for her. The young man with the long blond hair made it to the Bridge of Red Lotuses. But he wouldn't be alone for long.

The bridegroom was halfway across the bridge when he stopped in his tracks. A woman with short dark hair was waiting for him. She smiled at him like a hungry fox.

That bitch!

Don't look away! Face the truth!

Arestil wanted to turn away. But Elizabeth held her in place. The younger sister wouldn't let her turn away from the truth. They saw the young man being approached by Canti's former lover. She had been eyeing Arestil's lover for years now. He had turned her away many times. Tonight would be no different in his mind.

She smiles and puts her arms around his neck. He tries to squirm away from her.

“What are you doing here?” he asked. The slender dark-haired woman had bedroom eyes tonight. Her lips came within inches of his.

“I came to see you tonight,” the woman said. The young man pushed her off.

“I'm getting married tonight,” he said. She doesn't take a hint. In fact, she moved up closer to him. The woman pouted at him.

“Why do you do this to me?” she asked. “Don't you know that I love you?” He pushed her away. She fell backwards onto the ground. The young man had an angry scowl on his face.

“What is wrong you?” he asked. “Why do you keep trying to follow me around? I do not love you! I only love Arestil! She's the only one I want to marry! Why can't you get that through your head?!”

A gasp filled the space.

He really did love me?

Yes.

Then why didn't he?

The young man started fresh crossing the bridge. Rage washed over the young woman's face. She reached into her kimono and rose to her feet. She let off an animalistic scream as she charged forward towards her scorned object of affection. By the time he turned around, it was too late.

Stab!

Thirty-seven times. She stabbed him in the eyes, chest, neck, and stomach. Being rejected one too many times was enough to send her over the edge. He didn't even get a chance to scream out. The final blow came to his throat. When she was done, the young woman sat back panting and covered in blood.

“Hey!” someone yelled. The woman looked up when she saw lantern lights in the distance. She turned and ran away.

Stop it! I don't want to see anymore!

----------

Elizabeth pulled them both back to reality. She drew back her hands as Arestil lay on her side, panting. The heavy energy in the room slowly dissipated and returned to normal. The older kamimortal stared up at Elizabeth with big eyes.

“Now do you see the truth?” the younger sister asked. “He never abandoned you. She killed him and lied about it.” Arestil stared at her, trembling. Thin trails of tears ran down her cheeks.

The Truth Comes Out