Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 8: Chap 54: Novacaine ( Chapter 54 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Novacaine

Elizabeth had to get back to Anzu before it was too late. She sensed that things were getting worse for Canti's lover. The kamimortal managed to find Anzu in an ambulance.

Oh no. This isn't good. I have to get to her before it's too late.

Elizabeth closed her eyes and held up two fingers. She started chanting together herself. Cherry blossom petals flew up from her feet. She disappeared in a flash.

----------

Anzu couldn't move. Her eyes darted around the ambulance. They had sedated her moments earlier. A paramedic flashed a light in her eyes. Another medic was talking to her. His voice sounded drowned underwater. Anzu could feel her heart pounding in her chest but she couldn't move. Was she still breathing? Anzu could feel something boiling in her chest. She thought that she was going to choke as her throat tightened closed. Her pupils dilated. She could hear her blood rushing in her ears.

Am I going to die?

No, you're not.

Anzu's eyes moved towards the ceiling. Elizabeth floated over her body.

Elizabeth!

The kamimortal put a ghostly finger to her lips. It's okay. You're going to be alright.

What?

Shhh. You are going to be fine. Her hands came on either side of Anzu's head. Soft lavender lights formed on her fingertips. The other girl's body went limp. The warmth was enough to calm her down. Her heartbeat returned to normal. She could breathe again. Anzu tried not to fall asleep.

What are you doing to me?

I am fixing your soul. You have a darkness fighting its way to the surface. Elizabeth noticed Anzu staring up at her.

Don't talk. Just lie there for me. This will take me a while. While I have you here, there is something I need to tell you.

What?

Elizabeth had a serious look on her face. You are still in danger. I told my sister the truth about her fianc�'s death but I don't know what she will do next. She could still come after you out of spite. Shhh. Please don't talk. I'm still trying to balance out the light and darkness inside of you.

Anzu stared up at her before closing her eyes. What are we going to do?

The kamimortal gave her a little smile. Right now, you are going to just lie there and rest while I heal you. In the mean, I have a barrier surrounding this ambulance. I will keep it up around you as you go into the hospital. Now just keep quiet while I heal you.

The other girl went to sleep with those last words in her head.

Meanwhile, a hazy shadow watched as the ambulance rode to the hospital from the trees.

Novocaine for the Soul