Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Konosuba ( Chapter 43 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Japan sucks, as most Japanese people will admit while drunk. Not much happens there, new things aren't made there, and cradle to grave employment is history, not current practice. And the population is aging out with too few babies. This is why isekai anime are so popular. Many people fantasize about hitting the Reset button and trying again at life. And all they have to do is die to start the process? This explains why Japan has the third highest suicide rate in the world, because the population is mostly Buddhist and believes in reincarnation. 

There are too many isekai stories, and in most of them the protagonist is a hero righting wrongs and getting all the women to love him and blah blah blah. It is often pretty bad and once you've seen this a few times you are sick of it. And so came along Konosuba, where every aspect of the reincarnation goes wrong. The goddesss is a spiteful moron, the hero isn't very heroic and died a comedy death because he was too out of shape for the excitement, and the world he ends up in is full of kind of weak enemies and lame allies and the entire place is a joke. Which is good, because his own party are the Unwanted Harem to end all harems. An idiot goddess, a paladin that can't land a hit but loves to be pummelled by others, and a mage with only one overpowered spell that exhausts her after casting it. And of course, all their quests go wrong. But its a comedy, so its very good provided you understand this. Konosuba and its sequels are good fun, and you can enjoy mocking the protagonist for deserving the afterlife he's earned by being a jerk.