Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ GTO vs Assassination Classroom ( Chapter 44 )

[ A - All Readers ]

GTO is one of the better old anime, from 20 years ago. Onizuka was a bosuzoku who quit to go straight and ends up a junior high school teacher, mostly working with troubled kids. Since he's a former bad-boy, he understands how to reach them and motivate them. He redeems himself as a person. 

Assassination Classroom is pretty much the same idea, only the teacher is a sort-of alien monster that is going to explode and destroy the earth if nobody can succeed and kill him in time. And he's insisting on teaching a classroom of rejects and bad kids, including how to kill him, and is a story of redemption. These stories are largely the same, and if you watch both you'll appreciate the nuance of GTO missing from AC. Copying earlier shows with the serial numbers filed off is not a new thing, and not unique to Japan. Star Wars is based on a couple Akira Kurosawa movies, namely The Hidden Fortress, and the Dam Busters (english war movie, including sound effects and radio chatter), without credit to either. Ripping off the greats is not new in media. 

Onizuka is the teacher many students wish they'd had in high school or junior high, because Onizuka gets it.