Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Heike Story ( Chapter 45 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Told via Biwa, a fictional girl voiced by Yuuki Aoi (Tanya, Komachi, Maomao), the Genpei War from 1180-1185 AD in which the Taira clan usurped and kidnapped the Emperor of Japan attempting to permanently seize power and were then overthrown by the other clans during series of battles and finally a sea battle. The Japanese are noteworthy sailors, meaning extremely incompetent bad sailors, so they drown. It is a very artistically drawn anime, and depicts quite a bit of history during the five year period of the war. The Taira clan head was a vicious and degenerate Buddhist monk, who lead monk warriors to torture and murder peasants and artisans on suspicion of having voiced an opinion against their torturing and murdering people for speaking out against them. Proof was not necessary, and the obvious death spiral was clear to other clans, leading to a civil war and the establishment of the Shogunate system since the Emperor was clearly too weak to stop this sort of excess. Things were so bad from this event that Buddhist monks in Japan were required to marry, and this law remains today. It is the only place this is so in the entire world. The events of Heike Story are fascinating history, on par with the viciousness of the Italian City-states of the 15th century.