Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Yuru Camp ( Chapter 46 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yuru Camp is an anime about cute girls camping, mostly near Mt. Fuji in winter time. It is educational programming, and most of the locations, and people depicted, are real, animated from video and pictures as their source material. Even the stuff used can be purchased from all the different suppliers, down to mittens and warm hats and the motor scooter itself. All that stuff reall exists. And that's a layer of truth to a story that is mostly cute girls being cute while camping. Most of them are at the age where they're cute enough you want to hug them and pat them on the head. 

Winter camping is more technical than summer, and requires more care and planning. Keeping warm takes more effort and special supplies, and the weather is never raining or snowing in the story, because that is pure misery (and I've done it so I know). For educational programming, it did really well because grandparents were watching this show with their kids and grandkids, so it reached more viewers than certain mecha anime series going since the 1960's. 

Most of the advice is good and based on reality. All the gear works. Generally, I avoid winter camping because once you get wet you won't get dry again. Fall and Spring are generally okay. Late Fall can be fun because it may go straight to snow in some cases, and the deserts are fun then. Japan is mostly wild or undeveloped, despite what you've seen in anime, and areas that are partially developed are so because areas are abandoned. And the movie takes place in a spot that has its own surprise. 

A new season is coming out this Spring 2024.