Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Frieren ( Chapter 47 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Frieren is an elf. She is OLD. She stopped physically aging in her teens, and is a very powerful mage. So powerful that 80 years ago she helped the hero hunt down and kill the demon lord. She's often emotionless, and sometimes silly, but most of the time she expresses little to no expression, even in the middle of battle. There are few battles in this story, most of which is a journey across this world, retracing her steps from the quest. The hero is dead of old age, and she's coming to terms she may have had real feelings for him, far too late. This story is slow paced, relatively pretty. It has interesting characters, and emphasizes how much TIME has passed, and how time feels to her, compared to other people around her, such as her apprentice. Frieren's hobby is collecting useless spells. She's a very competent battle mage. She knows how to kill monsters. That stops being interesting after a while, so silly spells are more interesting, thus her hobby. Time, once more is the root cause of this. And Frieren really makes the viewer think about time during the course of the story, especially when you learn just how old she is. 

This anime isn't for everyone, but it is interesting as an end-of-evening palate cleanser.