Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Terdwilicker's Anime Reviews ❯ Wagnaria ( Chapter 48 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Working aka Wagnaria, is a restaurant in Sapporo. There are three seasons of the first series, and one season of the second with a different staff. In the first, there's a put-upon guy who takes a job after a cute girl begs him to. The place is weird. It is an international food family restaurant. Nothing fancy, but with foods from around the world. Competent, not excellent. The staff are the part of the story which appeals. It is a proper comedy series. By that I mean there are actual jokes worth laughing at, unlike any show made in the last 10 years. Standards were higher then, even if animation quality has improved. 

The restaurant and its staff and their romantic and personal entanglements are played for laughs, and there is plenty to laugh about. In the first series, there's a girl raised afraid of men because her father was an SOB. He put steel plates in her bookbag, so she's crazy strong, like an ogre. At one point she's so scared she hugs a concrete light pole, around a foot and a half thick (half a meter) and crushed it. Bare handed. The amount of force needed to do that is similar to that required to crush a car. So yeah, she's terrifying. And she hits the poor guy every day because she is afraid of him. Because she is hitting him, this is comedy. 

The second series (WWW.WORKING) has poisoned chocolates, an abusive heiress who torments a boy she knew since they were kids, and a ghost girl, and a girl who sees ghosts while insisting they don't exist. It is very funny. Even individual eps stand alone for their effective comedy. 

Recommended viewing for teens and up. Funnier for adults, since many of the experiences are shared and more ironic.