Cyborg 009 Fan Fiction ❯ As the Clock Strikes ❯ First Look ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

D.F.: Okay, I decided to be nice and right you another chappie, just so you don't hate me. 002, don't talk. I have to hurry up and finish this before I got to bed.

004: D.F. does not own cyborg 009; she owns the characters that you don't see in the series.

~~~~~~~~~~~

They talked as they strolled around town, 001 in Professor Gilmore's arms, nothing about Black Ghost, just about stuff. Like how the other cyborgs would look like. They didn't even know if they were male or female, they just knew they were cyborgs. Soon, they quieted down and just walked and window-shopped.

Ms Naomi and Koine had gone to buy Koine a new ball, while 003 was buying almost anything that she liked, courtesy of Ms Naomi. It really was a fine town, just like one of the big cities, except a little less crowded. They stopped walking when they saw a large crowd, cheering for somebody on a video game or something. When they looked closer, they saw it was a virtual reality fighting game. Two people were fighting, one playing as a girl and the other a boy. The girl player punched around a few times and the guy was out. 002 was not impressed, but he looked over at the player, he was wearing a pair of blue jeans with a white t-shirt and blue jean vest over it. He couldn't see the face or hair because he was wearing one of the virtual reality helmets.

`He doesn't look that tough.' 002 thought, he made a decision right then `I'm challenging him, I haven't fought for fun for a while now.'

He walked up the staircase as the loser from the last match came down, ignoring the questions and protests of his friends.

"He's such a hot-head." 004 stated as 002 made his way up.

"It's unfair to his opponent," 003 said "he's a cyborg."

"He's just protecting his pride." 009 jumped in "he was always fighting back then, so I guess he thinks that it's his duty to fight all the fights that come his way."

"I guess," 007 answered "but it's still unfair."

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is there anybody else who would like to challenge this young teen?!" The announcer asked, "This player has won 28 games and is one of the record holders of the island!" He continued "Anybody? Anybody?"

"I will." 002's voice rang in.

"Ah! A challenger! What is your name than young man?"

"Jet Link."

"Well, Jet Link, put on your helmet and we'll start."

He did.

"Alright! Lets get this fight started!" he shouted into his microphone "Ready? Go!"

A bell rang for the start and soon, the screen, displaying all the actions the players made were full of punches and kicks.

The girl player blocked all his punches, and vice versa.

`I guess it's time to take it up a notch.' The player thought, throwing a ballad of punches at an amazing speed, on connected with 002's stomach and the screen showed knock out. The player had won!

002 sat back dazed, when he finally sorted out what happened, he made his way down the steps and towards his friends with a miserable look of defeat on his face.

"Don't worry about it," 006 said, "she was a good player."

"She?" 002 asked, turning around.

And there she was, coming down the stands, she was very pretty, gorgeous actually. Her blue hair hung down at two lengths, two thick locks hung down to her shoulders while the back was just below her chin, her bangs lifted a bit while she walked down.

002 gaped in horror. He had been beaten by a girl! A very pretty one at that. He watched her come down the stairs and towards her friend. She wore a gray, hooded, sweatshirt without sleeves and a pair of flare jeans. The blue hair girl was pretty, but this one was prettier. With her deep red eyes, pitch-black hair cut with the front past her chin and the back draping down her back, and her slightly pale skin, she looked like a model. Actually, they both looked like models.

The blue haired one whispered something into the others ear and they both looked at the group, she whispered something back and they turned towards them. The group stood frozen as they made their way over to them.

The blue haired one smiled at 002 and put her hand out for him to shake.

"Congrats! You're probably the first worthy opponent in a while, next to her of course." She said in a friendly voice, cocking her head towards her friend, who smiled at them.

002 shook her hand and introduced himself. "Thanks, I'm Jet, and these are my friends."

They introduced themselves to the girls, who by the way were 16 years old, as they learned from the bragging announcer.

When it was time for them to introduce themselves, the blue haired one was first "I'm-"

"Yuki! Umi!" came a voice.

They all turned around and saw Ms Naomi and Koine, with her new ball.

"Ms Naomi!" the blue haired on greeted.

"Oh," Naomi said, turning to the others " have you met the girls yet?"

The others looked at Ms Naomi and back at the girls.

"Um, should we know something?" 005 asked.

"Hm? Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't let them introduce themselves, well, go ahead!" Ms Naomi said to them.

"Uh, well, as I was saying," the blue haired on started "my name is Umi."

"And I'm Yuki." The other one said, the 00 cyborgs noticed that her voice was quiet, but a kind that could make its way in to the ears of an arguing crowd (A/N: ring a bell anyone?).

"These are the cyborgs I told you about." Ms Naomi said. The other cyborgs looked in awe, these were the cyborgs? These girls?

Suddenly, an explosion rang in the air, shaking the ground. They all turned their heads towards the direction of the blast and saw a steady stream of smoke coming from a building.

~~~~~~~~~~

D.F.: *evil laughter* the evil cliffy!

002: at least you finally introduced the girls.

Umi: Yeah, I was afraid you'd slack off again.

Yuki: *smirk*

004: What ever.

D.F.: Anyways, please review!