Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Digi Dudes ❯ Prom night ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
 
As it rolled right into June, the boys finally finished their song…. and man was it ever romantic. So romantic that the boys got their break, and their school wanted them to sing it at the prom.
 
Davis alerted Kari with an Email that he and the guys would be coming home for the prom, and were hoping they would be there.
 
Kari wasted no time in answering that she would, and she even planned to buy a new dress with the money she had.
 
Of course it would still be awhile before she and the other girls actually would see the boys again, but still Yolei just had to tell everyone.
 
Soon all of Obadiah was in over all on the Digi Dudes coming home, and the fact that they'd be performing at the Obadiah High-school prom.
 
The School board just had to hold this prom somewhere very special, somewhere that would really bring out the love in the air.
 
They decided to hold the prom at the best Five-star hotel in town, and also invite local friendly schools, like the college.
 
Tai and his gang were ever so excited. Except for Matt. Because he had already received no less than 100 notes from Jun asking him to the prom.
 
Matt couldn't take much more of this torture, so he gave up. “Okay… If I take you to the prom, will you… QUIT PESTERING ME?!”
 
But Jun just went even more wild than ever, “Ohh… Matt it's going to be such a magical evening.” She giggled.
 
Matt fell splat onto the floor, “How does Davis up with that creature?” he asked in a daze.
 
 
“I think we'd better keep a close eye on him.” Tai whispered to Sora, who agreed to be his date for the prom.
 
It wasn't long before school term came to a close. Kari and the other girls got Straight A's. Their boyfriends were given passing grades enough.
 
Secretly… the school board actually blotched the records purposely so the boys didn't have to go to summer school. So the boys got A's and B's… maybe just one C.
 
The important thing was, everyone spent the entire night talking about the prom, and how the boys would be there.
 
Yolei was the most excited. The Tickets for front row seat weren't easy to get, so she camped out all weekend until she go a ticket for herself and the others.
 
She couldn't wait to get her hands on Ken, and have him take her into his arms again.
 
Min and Erika spent the day shopping for all the natural refinements. New dresses, Make up… you name it… Yolei even bough some new contacts to wear instead of her glasses.
 
As for Kari… well she had been talking to her parents, and to Davis' parents about something really important… Something she really wanted from Davis.
 
After some convincing and the proper inspections, The parents all agreed… provided if Davis wanted to as well…. She could do it.
 
Kari spent a long time in the bathroom that evening. “Kari you've taken 3 baths already.” Said Gatomon, “If you keep this up, you'll clean yourself out to death.”
 
Kari turned and pretended not to listen, if this night with her and Davis was going to be as promising, she really wanted to be clean.
 
Kari finally got out of the tub and dried herself up, now came the next phase, Dressing up good.
 
She first fixed up her hair which wasn't too difficult as she kept it just the way she and Davis liked it… nice and short. She did however make the big threads in the front all curly and shiny.
 
She bought a blue silky and sparkly Ocean-blue dress that was long sleeved and fit around her beautifully… just like a glove.
 
By the time she was finished. “Whoa… sis you look just like a dream girl.” Said Tai. Kari blushed.
 
Their pictures were taken by their folks, and then they were off…
 
Meanwhile
 
The hotel was decorated so perfectly, thanks to Erika, she always did have a knack for decorating.
 
Bright white little lights placed across the hedges and the trees near the entrance. Made you think you were looking right up at the starry sky.
 
Couples came from everywhere, Tai had run off with Sora already, and Matt just hopped off from his Brand new bike… and whoa did he look hot in his pure white tux. Like a regular 007 type of guy.
 
“Really hopping she doesn't show…” he said while adjusting his collar, but he felt a pair of hands in black soft gloves cover his eyes.
 
“Guess who…?” said a familiar voice.
 
Matt sighed, it was Jun alright, but when he turned around, he took one look at her and his expression changed.
 
Jun had done herself up good tonight. He beautiful red silky dress made her long black gloves look pretty.
 
 
 
She even got a permanent, so her hair wasn't all toughed up like Tai's, but smooth and shiny, and wavy in the soft breeze.
 
“Whoa… you look great Jun.” Matt said not believe he did say that to Jun Motomiya.
 
“I'm not all that Ditzy.” She said. “Come on hunk… lets go in!”
 
Matt nodded and took her on the arm, and he couldn't help but stare down at her back side.
 
“Hey…” she quickly peeped, “Don't you be getting naughty one me.”
 
Kari giggled as the couple walked in the building ad disappeared among the crowd of couples.
 
“Hey Kari…” Yolei called from behind.
 
Kari tuned and saw Yolei along with Mina, and Erika. “Whoa girls you look gorgeous tonight.” She complimented.
 
“Yeah… especially you Yolei.” Said Erika motioning that Yolei wasn't wearing her glasses.
 
Yolei pursed her lips, “Well… what do think I'd do?” she said as she reached into her case and pulled out her glasses. “… Go in wearing these and look like this?”
 
The girls didn't mind at all when Yolei wore her glasses to prom, “Except…well they do sort of make you look like a geek.” Said Mina.
 
Yolei smiled and put her glasses back in the case. “But at least… I'm Ken's geek.” She said with love in her heart.
 
Kari caught the look her eyes, “Yolei, are you thinking the same thing as I am?” she asked sounding naughty.
 
Yolei nodded, “Only I'm not really planning to do it in a room.” She said sounding sneaky.
 
“I'm planning to go for it too.” Said Mina, “I just hope TK will want to do it too.”
 
“Do what… what are you talking about…?” asked Erika, but since she was only 14, the other girls decided not to tell her.