Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Island Of Doom ❯ Kari, You Too? ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
 
Izzy had been working on this problem all week, but still he found nothing that could help them find the island.
 
Worse than that, now Kari seemed to be missing, but she did give them a clue to where she was going.
 
Everyone was scanning Izzy's radar screen at the tiny little dot moving across the map.
 
Each of their Digivices contained a small little transmitting device Izzy had made, so that they could be tracked wherever they went.
 
But where exactly was she going?
 
Just then… the signal was lost, and the dot was somewhere over the South-Pacific before it cut off.
 
“She couldn't have gone to America.” Said Tai, “That's up there.”
 
“And she couldn't have gone to the Hawaiian-islands… that's this way.” Said Izzy.
 
“And there's no way in the world she could have gone down any further. She's not dressed for cold weather.” Said Matt.
 
Suddenly, the all began to speak slowly and at the same time.
 
“So… she must have found…and is going to…!” they all yelped as if they saw death… “THE ISLAND OF DOOM?!”
 
“Kari… what are you thinking?!” cried Tai.
 
Matt immediately called everyone over, while Izzy checked out the spot where Kari's position was last traced to.
 
“Try it on visual!” said Yolei.
 
Izzy switched the monitor show it showed actual picture the satellites in orbit took of the Earth.
 
“There… it is!” he cried.
 
“Man… that is one pretty dark looking place.” Said Matt.
 
“Well what are we waiting for?” said TK, “We have to go out there and get Kari and Davis back.”
 
TK was about to rush out the door when Joe grabbed him. “Wait… Hold on there, TK.” He said.
 
“We can't just rush in there like that!” added Tai. “No telling what sort of… Hocus-Pocus we could run into.”
 
Suddenly… Izzy's Digital monitor started going crazy. “Whoa… where did that come from?!” cried Izzy.
 
“What... what's happening?” cried Ken.
 
Izzy tried to looked into the source of the problem, and it turned out that vast amounts of Dark-energy was being detected somewhere on the island.
 
The moment Izzy tried to zoom in closer, his computer crashed. He rebooted and tried again, but to have the same result.
 
“You we're right, Tai.” Said Izzy, “Something weird is going on, on that island, but I think it's still way too dangerous just to rush in like that.”
 
Tai checked his watch… “Hey… the show is on.” He said.
 
Everyone looked disgusted at that statement. “Tai… this is no time to be watching some lame TV show.” Said Sora.
 
 
“No… wait!” said Izzy. “Tai may have a point, Sora. Turn on the show!”
 
Tai did as he was told.
 
Tonight's program was a story about a girl named Elizabeth, and how she never could make a difference in life because she never could fit it.
 
So she came to live on the island, because of her silly ways of wanting to be different.
 
The scene changed back to Davis, he closed the book and held it in his lap.
 
“Did you ever feel the way Elizabeth felt, that you'd like to be completely different because you're feeling left out?”
 
“Almost everyone feels that way sometimes, even I did.”
 
“Still… you have to know that you can't just change you are just like that. You are who you are, and you can't really change that.”
 
“Well… that's it for another Island of Doom, I am Daisuke Motomiya… Good-night everyone!”
 
The thunder stuck and the program ended.
 
Sora, Mimi, and Yolei dabbed their eyes with tissues. “Wow… that is so sad.” Cried Yolei.
 
“I never knew Davis could be so sober and emotional like that.” Added Mimi.
 
Suddenly, Izzy notice on his screen three energies sources were moving across from Japan, right over to the Island of Doom.
 
He tried the scanners, and it was final. The girls emotional energies were being somehow gathered and brought to the island.
 
“Okay… so whoever's doing this is gathering energy.” Said Tai, “But who exactly is he?”
 
Nobody could tell… Izzy did have one way that could help them. If he rewired his computer to gather more power… it just might be able to let them see the rest of the island.
 
“There is just one problem.” He said. “It's will take me at least a few days to set it up… that is… if things go smoothly!”
 
Everyone didn't like the sound of that, but seeing as how there was no other way without risking their lives… they had no choice.
 
“Izzy… the minute you get the computer working… you… let…us…know! Got it!” said Tai.
 
“You have my word, Tai” said Izzy.
 
 
Meanwhile on the island
 
The thunder shook the skies, but it never ever rained.
 
On the male's side of the island, Davis was hanging out around a campfire with some friends he had made.
 
All of them were roasting Marshmallows, and sharing with them their sad stories of woe.
 
 
“I had it all.” Said Number 29, “Money, power… but no romance. No girl would ever give me a chance to even try.”
 
“Well… me being a scientist cost me my wife and daughter!” Said Number 51. “I enlisted to this island so that I may keep all my dangers away from the world.
 
When Davis had his turn, he sang his special songs. The one about Kari, and the one about him being One of a Kind.
 
The other men dabbed their eyes on their robes. “Man… you really are the rarest of us, 98!” said Number 86. “You really do deserve hosting the show.”
 
Davis smiled for the first time in a while, but the atmosphere was broken when the sounds of bells were heard from all over the island.
 
“NEW-ARRIVAL… NEW-ARRIVAL!!!” shouted the criers of the island. Everyone stopped what they were doing and proceeded to the center of the island.
 
There… Number One was welcoming a new addition to the family, and it looked like a girl.
 
“Welcome to the island Number 99!” said Number One, “Now arise, and we shall feast in your honor.”
 
Davis cheered along with the rest of the crowd. However… when Number 99 threw off her hood… Davis gasped softly.
 
“What…No…it…it can't be!” he cried under his breath. “Kari?!... what the heck is she doing here.”
 
Whatever the reason, Davis just put his hood up in hopes that Kari wouldn't recognize him among the others.
 
But it didn't matter, because at the feast, Kari sat down with Davis at his table.
 
“You didn't think I didn't recognize your number.” She said.
 
Davis just sighed, “Look Ka-… I mean 99!” said Davis. “If you're here to try and get me to come back… you wasted your time.”
 
“So why don't you just go back to your Precious TK, and leave me in my misery!”
 
It was in vain that Kari tried to tell Davis that TK and her broke up, because Davis wasn't interested.
 
Besides… he had some work to catch up on in his house on the hill, and that was one place where Kari couldn't get to.
 
The rules stated that the Island was divided into two equal halves. Girls stay on their side, and boys stay on theirs.
 
Kari even saw that she wasn't alone in trying to stay near Davis, a lot of the other girls tried to woo him as he passed by.
 
Ever since Davis started hosting the show, He had become the talk of the island… as if he were a living legend.
 
Of course, Davis just rejected all the girls offers, even when they tried to grab onto him.
 
“Stop rubbing up my cape?” he said strangely, “What are you trying to do, wrinkle it?!”
 
 
But actually… Kari had a back up plan.