Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Island Of Doom ❯ Number One is a Fruad! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
 
Scrambling around in the bushes on the women's side of the island, Gatomon investigated every suspicious space she could find.
 
Which was on Earthly difficult because everything on the island seem pretty suspicious, but she wasn't alone.
 
Veemon was searching the men's side of the island, and keeping in contact with Gatomon with Davis' D-terminal.
 
Veemon received a message from Gatomon, who was using Kari's D-terminal.
 
“Veemon… find anything yet?”
 
Veemon sent back... “Nope… nothing yet!”
 
Suddenly, he saw Number one. He seemed to have disengaged himself from the party…secretly… and was heading up to his house!
 
Veemon typed back to Gatomon… “Wait…I just may have found something… I'll go investigate! Over and out!”
 
He closed up the D-Terminal, and silently followed Number One up the step hill to the peak of the island.
 
“Wow… the alps have got nothing on these mountains for climbing!” he thought to himself.
 
Later on…
 
 
Kari and Gatomon were inside Kari's little house on the women's side of the island.
 
It took Kari quite some time to get used to it… the way the house was 18th century style.
 
Candles and gas-lamps for light. Only Fire for heat. No Electricity. No Plumbing… No nothing!
 
But that was the least of her problems now… both she and Gatomon were quite concerned about Veemon.
 
It had been hours, and hours since his last report, yet he hadn't come back yet… nor sent a new message.
 
“I hope he hasn't been caught.” Said Gatomon. “I wonder what's going on up there in that house.”
 
“Whatever it is…” said Kari, “According to Veemon's last report, it isn't really that good.”
 
Suddenly… Kari let out a huge yawn… “No need to be rude Gatomon… but I think I'm going to turn in!”
 
Gatomon looked upset now, “Kari… why would you want to go to bed at a time like this?” she asked.
 
“Because I'm sleepy.” Said Kari, “I've had a big day getting into this island, and besides… I'll have a better chance trying to talk to Davis in the morning.”
 
Suddenly, Gatomon let out a small yawn herself, “Now that you mention it…” she said, “I think a cat nap would be nice!”
 
Kari took off her black cape, and got into her bed near the window, while Gatomon climbed into a small box under the bed, Kari had snuck in.
 
Before Kari drifted off to sleep, the lightning flash lit up a small house just ahead in the distance on the men's side.
 
Kari had a feeling se knew who's house that was… “Good-night Davis.” she said to herself, “I'm sorry!”
 
A few days later
 
 
Izzy finally updated his computer and discovered a lot more about the island, and that there was more to it than meets the eye.
 
The energy being gathered was stored in an underground cavern, and was being combined with lightning energy to produce Digital energy.
 
“Digital energy?” said Tai. “Who on that island would want to gather energy like that?”
 
“More importantly…why?” added Matt.
 
Suddenly…Izzy found a profile for all the inhabitants on the island… including Davis and Kari.
 
However…when Izzy scanned on Number One… the Digital warning buzzers went crazy again.
 
“Oh, I thought this thing was fixed!” said Yolei.
 
“But…it is fixed.” Said Izzy, “I gave my computer new systems, and even double checked them… nothings wrong with any of it.”
 
Everyone started to think how this was possible. “Digimon reactors never do things like this when humans were scanned.”
 
Suddenly… they all got the same idea… “Izzy… do a complete background check on that guy!” said Joe. “Maybe I can figure this out!”
 
Izzy nodded… and did a full computerized body analysis on Number One… Joe started at the results.
 
His medical studies sure did come in handy at these times.
 
“Heartbeat is all wrong…” he said. “Temperature is--”
 
“Hey guys…that man is a Digimon!”
 
 
“A Digimon!!!” they all cried.
 
Izzy checked over all the results, and Joe was right.
 
“Uh… guys… You're not going to like this… but I think I found out who he is.” Said Izzy.
 
He clicked on an X-ray scan… and everyone gasped…
 
 
Meanwhile… on the island
 
 
Veemon was bound and gagged to the wall in a hidden crypt in Number One's house.
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha… did you and your friends really think I'd be that stupid to miss you?” said the Digimon facing him.
 
Veemon couldn't recognize this Digimon, but he swore he saw a part of him somewhere before.
 
“Tonight is the night.” Said the Digimon, “Once Daisuke finishes today's show… the tubes will contain enough energy to restore my entire forum.”
 
Veemon struggled, but couldn't speak with his mouth roped shut, or break the chains on the wall.
 
The Digimon turned back into Number One, “I must start preparing now… I have a crowd to greet, and a world to obtain!”
 
He put his hood back on, and left Veemon locked in the chamber.
 
 
Back outside
 
Kari and Gatomon were really worried… Veemon still hadn't reported anything.
 
“I don't need anymore proof after this!” said Kari, “Something weird is happening on this island.”
 
They had to get Davis, and get off the island with him, but it was no use…
 
Not only were women not permitted on the men's side of the island, but Davis had not answered a single one of Kari's letters.
 
Kari even tried warning the other women about Number One being up to something!
 
“99… I don't know where you get.” Said the leader of the women's side, “But Number One is loyal to us… he cares for us.”
 
It was in vain that Kari tried them all Number One was really just using them to obtain what he desired.
 
Not only that… but she wasn't ever allowed to leave the island… Nobody was!!
 
Kari couldn't even Digivolve Gatomon, because she wasn't sure how people on the island would react to a spy, besides… how could anyone get through that storm cloud in one piece!
 
Kari and Gatomon saw to take matters into their own hands, they would have to find a way to make Number One slip up.
 
…“And I think I know just the way!”