Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Island Of Doom ❯ It's Devimon! ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
 
Davis wrapped up another show, and today was no ordinary day… he and all the other residents of he island were called to the center today so Number One could make an announcement.
 
Luckily… no one noticed that Kari was no where to be seen.
 
She told Gatomon to go off to Number One's house, and see just what was going on there.
 
While plans to unmask Number One, and reveal his face to the entire clan.
 
 
Somewhere, over the ocean
 
 
“Move guys… Faster, Faster!!” cried Tai trying to speed the Digimon up.
 
“Tai. we're going as fast as we can go!” said Wargreymon.
 
“Well it isn't fast enough!”
 
“Tai… he's right.” Said Matt, “Even if we do make it to the island, we don't know what to expect.”
 
“If my calculation's are correct…” said Izzy, “We should all be there in… 40 minutes!”
 
“Whatever!” said Tai, “As long as we get there in time. Both Davis, and my sister are in trouble!”
 
“And I for one am not going to let so sick Digimon from the past come back to hurt them now!!”
 
 
Inside Number One's house
 
Gatomon searched everywhere around the house, which was no different from all the others, except for the fact that it was bigger.
 
But if there was one thing Gatomon learned from serving evil at a time… Things aren't always what they seem.
 
Suddenly, she swore she could here the sound of scraping coming from the walls.
 
As she moved closer the scraping got louder, until she was facing nothing but a thick brick wall.
 
Gatomon couldn't question it, someone was behind the wall, and judging by the design of the wall… it must have a secret panel.
 
Gatomon felt all over the wall, but all the bricks felt the same, not one of them felt any loose, or sounded different.
 
“Come on… where is it?” she said to herself.
 
She steeped on the floor, and her paw went even deeper as the rock she stood on went into the floor.
 
This caused the wall in front of her to spin around reveal a hidden entrance.
 
“Like I remembered… things aren't always what they seem!” said Gatomon, as she walked down the tunnel.
 
 
Meanwhile…Outside!
 
 
Number One was still giving out his speech unaware that Kari was underneath the podium waiting for the right moment to spring out…
 
“My fellow villagers of the island.” He said, “These past years have been the most glorious of all the times I have spent with anybody.”
 
 
“I dare say… there's only one thing I can be know as…”
 
“Yeah… a Fraud!” came a voice from under the podium.
 
The Crowd looked around, and then saw Kari leap up near Number One holding him by the neck in her arm, and without wearing her outfit either.
 
She was dressed in her old clothes again.
 
“People.” She cried out, “This island is not what it seems to be, and Number one is not who you think.”
 
A few of the guards moved over to the podium, but slowly approached her so not to bring more danger to Number One.
 
“Help me!! Help Me!!” cried Number One!
 
“Okay, 99…” Said a guard, “Let him go, and well try and help you!”
 
“I am not, 99… My name is Kari!” she snapped, “I didn't come to this island to live… I cam here to bring someone back home where he belongs!”
 
She stared out at the crowd at a familiar face.
 
“Whoa… hey 98… I think she means you!” said one of the men.
 
Davis growled and walked over to the stage, and without noticing, his tiara-crown had got snagged on a tree branch, and fell off his head.
 
“Number One, please forgive this traitor!” he said. “But it's time I told you all why I came here to this island.”
 
“It's because of her!!” Davis snapped while pointing at Kari. This made the crowd gasp in shock.
 
Davis told them everything… about how he loved Kari, and still did, but she was engaged now to man who was his sworn rival.
 
Davis also told them all how Kari and TK once flirted with each other just to make him jealous.
 
Not to mention, Kari never even gave Davis a chance, but instead talked a whole bunch of other girls into chasing him around like a piece of fresh-meat.
 
“So you see…” said Davis, “I belong here on this island. Not back there where--”
 
“Where… you are missed!” Kari cut in.
 
She told the crowd her side of the story, how TK broke up with her, and smashed all her dreams to pieces.
 
Kari also realized how much pain and misery her little games did to Davis, but the moment she found the chance to forgive him… he was gone.
 
“Davis… I came to this island to bring you back!” she cried, “I lost TK, and I don't want to lose you too!”
 
“I…I--” she stuttered… “I want to spend the rest of my life making things up to you, Davis!”
 
Davis just stood there with wide eye expression on his face. Did he just her say that?
 
Davis didn't know what to think. This was the girl who caused him to come to the island in the first place, but on the other hand…
 
…she was still the love of his life… and the only one he would ever allow his heart to go to.
 
Davis fell to his knees, and ruffled about his hair… “GAHH…What am I going to do!”
 
Suddenly… and evil sniggering was heard from Number One. He quickly wretched out of Kari's grip, and stood back.
 
“Heh…heh…heh…heh…heh! I am sorry everyone…” he said as his body began glowing… “BUT THE GIRL WAS RIGHT ABOUT ME!!”
 
His outfit was incinerated by dark fire, and the thunder clouds clashed louder and more violent than ever!
 
“NOW!!!” he cried.
 
Finally… the lightning struck him and weird flows of energy erupted from his house, and flew straight at his changing body.
 
Kari ran over to Davis, and the both of them along with the rest of the crowd stared in shock at what stood before them now.
 
He was tall and Dark. He had horns coming out of his head. Dark Dragon-like wings that had holes, and his arms seemed to be twice the length of his body.
 
“Behold my true forum!” he roared. “Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!! Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha!!”
 
“It's…it's… A Digimon!” cried Davis.
 
“Not just any Digimon!” cried Kari while trembling. “I've never actually seen one before but… I know who he is…”
 
“…DEVIMON!!”