Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Island Of Doom ❯ Devimon's plans ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
 
 
“This is Devimon?” asked Davis. Kari nodded her head.
 
Davis had heard of him before…
 
About Devimon being the very first Nemeses Tai and his group… (Excluding Kari) … ever fought, and how he almost destroyed Patamon for good.
 
Suddenly, Davis remembered where he saw this creature, or at least a part of him.
 
When Ken was the Digimon Kaiser, He used Devimon's arms as part of his monstrous creation… Kimeramon.
 
If just his two arms were tough, how tough was he now that he was here in full.
 
“Tell me, Devimon!” growled Kari, “Exactly how did you get here, and what are you up to?!”
 
“Ha, ha, ha ,ha!! My, my… you are a jumpy one aren't you!” Devimon chuckled… He told them everything.
 
When TK and Angemon finally Destroyed him on File island, Devimon had only one goal in mind.
 
To revive himself back to full power and beyond that! To exact revenge on Tai and the others for defeating him… and make both worlds his.
 
Several years had passed, and Devimon had been regenerating in the Dark Whirlpool in the Digital world.
 
However, the day he was to break free was the same day Ken came and stole energy form both his arms.
 
Devimon would still be able to revive himself, but with his Data un-balanced, there came a big side effect to that…
 
“I can only live in Darkness!” he said, “If the sun were to shine upon me… I would perish!”
 
“Fortunately, I was able to conquer this island, and shroud it in these dark storm-clouds, but to become strong enough to travel again, I needed to gain more energy.”
 
“And… I discovered the emotions you humans admit. They burn off vast amounts of power I required.”
 
Davis looked like he was going to puke… “So you pretended to be a monk who wished to help people with their sorrows.. Only to gain power for yourself?!” he snapped.
 
“Of course!” said Devimon. “My plans were to take over the world, and have all of you as my obedient slaves!”
 
The crowed gasped in shock again.
 
“However… It seems that I shall have to do away with you instead… STARTING WITH YOU TWO!!!”
 
He jumped off the rock and flew straight for Davis and Kari…
 
“LIGHTNING PAW!!”
 
“V-HEADBUTT!!”
 
Veemon and Gatomon leapt into action and pounded on Devimon stopping him in his tracks!
 
“Veemon!”
 
“Davish!”
 
The two reunited partners shared a long warm hug. “You came just in time… I thought we were goners!” said Davis.
 
Kari and Gatomon winked at each other for a job well done.
 
 
Devimon struggled to his feet. “I… I don't understand it!” he groaned, “I have absorbed the energy I collected! I should have been able to feel those attacks!”
 
 
Gatomon steeped forward, “Thanks to Veemon… I was able to find your secret cavern.” She said.
 
“After she untied me,” said Veemon “Once I told her everything about you… we found your little tubes a dumped half of it away!”
 
Devimon looked as though he was going to explode. “This… it's not true!” he cried. “I AM ONLY AT HALF MY POWER?!”
 
“Afraid so!” said Gatomon flexing her paws, “Now do yourself a failure and come quietly!”
 
Devimon just stood up with a sinister going on his face. “Heh… heh… heh, I always had other plans in mind!” he said.
 
With that his eyes glowed even redder, and everyone on the entire island let out screams of pain as the tiaras the wore glowed, and sucked the energy right out of them.
 
One by one… they all fell to the ground like dominoes… However Davis and Kari seemed to be unharmed.
 
Which was natural seeing as how they were the only ones not wearing the tiaras on the heads… besides, Devimon wanted it this way.
 
As the energy fussed into him, his body began to grow in size until he was as big as the time Tai and the gang fought him.
 
“Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha… I feel BIG AGAIN!!” he roared in his much deeper voice.
 
“Well… what do you think little Fools? You're just bite size now… Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!”
 
Kari trembled in Davis' arms. “Whoa… man… Somebody an exterminator!” he said.
 
“Curses…I do not have enough power to travel out there.” Growled Devimon, “but I do have the power Ill need to do away with all of you!”
 
“We'll see about that!” said Davis letting Kari go, “Kari… did you--” he stopped when he saw Kari pass to him his D3 and holding her own.
 
“Way ahead of you, Davis.” She said, “Let's do this!”
 
Davis nodded. “Time to Digivolve!”
 
Both of them raised their D3's to the sky… but nothing happened. Veemon and Gatomon didn't Digivolve.
 
“What's wrong?” mocked Devimon, “Having trouble with trying to Digivolve through my clouds!”
 
This couldn't be good. As long as they battled on the island, the storm cloud above would block the light needed for Digivolving.
 
“We're not done yet!” said Davis, “We'll just have to switch to plan B!” Kari and the others agreed.
 
Davis opened his recovered D-Terminal and selected the Digiegg of Courage while Kari used the Digi egg of light.
 
 
DIGI-ARMOR… ENERGIZE!!” they cried out!
 
 
“Veemon… Armor-Digivolve to…!!”
 
“Gatomon… Armor-Digivolve to…!!”
 
“Flamdramon… the Fire of Courage!!”
 
“Nefertimon… the Angel of Light!!”
 
The two Armor-Digimon stared the Viral-being in the eye. “Devimon… Now we shall finish with you what Tai and the other's began!” said Flamdramon.
 
“We're going to break you apart and make it so you can't pick the pieces up this time!” added Nefertimon.
 
“Ha!! Should just be afraid or annoyed?” said Devimon, “Alright then… let's get it on!”
 
“But remember… you walked into this when you could have run!”
 
“We never run from a battle.” Yelled Kari, “If there's one thing I hate more than Darkness… it's the Darkness inside the darkness!”
 
“I'm with you Kari!” said Davis taking her by the hand. “We will bring this guy down… or die trying!”
 
For the first time in her life as a Digi destined, Kari was actually going Davis' way… No turning back until the battle is over!
 
Somewhere over the ocean
 
Izzy's Computer went berserk with huge burst of energy… “NO!! It's Devimon!” he cried, “He's begun battle!”
 
The team all gasped, and Tai looked out over the ocean. “DAVIS… KARI… WE'RE COMING!!” he cired out over the ways they still had to go.
 
“I swear to you, Devimon!” growled TK, “You nearly took Angemon away from me, and I won't let you take away anyone else!”