Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Island Of Doom ❯ The BIG battle! ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
 
Flamedramon leapt up into the air… “FIRE-ROCKET!!”
 
BOOM!! …The Three fire-ball slammed into Devimon's face!
 
Nefertimon fly up, but also avoided flying to high up and getting hit by the lightning… “ROSETTA-STONE!!”
 
Five heavy stones crashed right into Devimon's gut! “Good shot.” Said Kari and Davis at the same time.
 
The smoke cleared, and Devimon was hardly even scratched. “But not good enough!” he chuckled.
 
“Whoa… unreal!” cried, “We barely even phased him.”
 
“Quick you guys… keep trying!” said Kari.
 
The two Digimon kept on firing, and firing until they couldn't fire anymore. They were both pooped but not beaten, but Devimon was still fresh as a Daisy.
 
“Oh man… it's no use!” cried Davis, “He's way too big!!”
 
“Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha… My turn!” growled Devimon. “DARK-WING-ATTACK!!”
 
“Look out!” cried Kari.
 
“Quick Flamedramon… Hop on!” cried Nefertimon.
 
Flamedramon hastily hopped onto her back, and she quickly took off into the air in the nick of time.
 
“Whoa… that was a close one!” cried Flamedramon. “I never knew you were this fast.”
 
“It's all in the reflexes.” Said Nefertimon.
 
 
“Heh… heh… heh, You can run, but you can't hide!” said Devimon, he snapped his fingers and shouted… “WHITE-LIGHTNING!!”
 
The thunder clouds struck just past Nefertimon's left wing. “Ha… you missed us!” yelled Flamdramon.
 
“Did I?” asked Devimon. He raised up his finger, and the lightning bolt seemed to move at his command, Chasing Nefertimon all over the island like a Missile.
 
“Silly Fools! I created this storm cloud… I can control the lighting, wherever it goes!”
 
“Oh no… this isn't good!” cried Kari.
 
Nefertimon flew several times around the island, but the lighting only got closer instead of further, and neither she nor Flamedramon had the power to zap that huge thing.
 
“It's getting closer!” cried Flamedramon.
 
“I'm going as fast as I can!” cried Nefertimon.
 
“It's not going to be fast enough!!”
 
The lightning was just yards away from Nefertimon's tail, when Davis had an idea.
 
“Flamedramon, Jump off!!” he yelled up.
 
“Davis are you crazy!” cried Kari.
 
“No Kari he's got a point!” said Nefertimon, “If he jumps off, I can go even faster.”
 
“Yeah… and the lightning can't follow us both!” added Flamedramon. He stood up, and dove off her back. “GERONIMO…!!!”
 
 
Devimon just smiled wickedly, “You're sneaky!” he said under his breath, “… but I'm sneakier. HM…M…M…M!!”
 
He clapped his hands, and the lightning bolt split into two equal pieces. This time, because they were smaller, they were much faster as well.
 
BOOM… they were hit, and changed back to their previous forums! Now they were sitting Ducks, but at least they fell near Davis and Kari.
 
“Here!!” said Veemon carrying Gatomon, who was knocked out, to Kari. “Keep her out of sight!”
 
Kari nodded, and then Veemon turned to Davis, “Change me to Raidramon! He's a faster fighter!”
 
“Right… Coming up!” said Davis, as he used his D-terminal to select the Digiegg of friendship. “DIGI-ARMOR… ENERGIZE!!”
 
“Veemon… Armor-Digivolve to…!!”
 
Raidramon The Storm of Friendship!!”
 
 
“Davis!” said Raidramon, “You stay behind and look after the girls! I'll take this brute down!”
 
“Okay… Go get him, Raidramon!” said Davis, and with that, Raidramon took off into battle.
 
“Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!! You should have stayed down when you were!” chuckled Devimon, “Too bad, now I shall crush you!”
 
Raidramon glared at Devimon right in the eye, “Bring it on, tough guy!” he growled.
 
Devimon raised his hands again and snapped his fingers for more White-Lightning. This time, three bolts instead of one.
 
“He'll never be able to evade them all forever.” He thought.
 
Actually, Raidramon was doing quite well.
 
Being much faster on four feet he was able to keep at a safe distance from the bolts, but of course he wouldn't be able to avoid them forever, and he didn't intend to.
 
“My Thunder-Blast... it won't be enough to get him at this rate.” He thought. “So there's only one option, I have to get him to zap his own self… But how?”
 
Suddenly, A fly landed right on Devimon's face, and as he tried to brush it away, the lighting seemed to be going all over the place, instead of towards him.
 
“That's it!” thought Raidramon, “He's completely defenseless while he's controlling the lightning!”
 
“And if he's not controlling it, the lighting will just go in a straight line!”
 
“Now I got it!” he said, as he hopped over towards him.
 
“Give up, you little squirt!” snarled Devimon, “I have you now!”
 
Raidramon ran as fast as his four feet could carry him, and moved closer and closer towards Devimon from the front.
 
He looked behind him and saw all three bolts on his tail and moving even closer. “Just a little closer!” he said to himself.
 
Devimon aimed the bolts and sped them up a bit… “YES… YES… GET HIM… GET HIM!!” he cried.
 
“NOW!!” shouted Raidramon.
 
He Jumped clean off the mountain top and landed right on top of Devimon's face, gave him a quick smack in the middle, and jumped off.
 
Devimon howled in pain and brought his hands to his sore face, but then he realized he took control off the bolts, and they were coming straight at him.
 
“OH…NO!!!” he cried, “GARGHHHHHHHHHH…!”
 
One by one, the three bolts whammed right into him. The first two sent him backwards, and the last one sent the giant beast splashing into the ocean.
 
“Good going, Raidramon.” Said Davis, “Now that he's all wet, finish the job up!”
 
“You got it!” said Raidramon…“THUNDER-BLAST!!” The Water around Devimon light up like a light bulb.
 
Devimon's roar vibrated through the waters. Slowly the bubbles vanished, until they were gone!
 
Raidramon turned towards Davis, and winked at him!
 
“Hey… I think we did it!” said Davis.
 
“Is he really… gone?” asked Kari.
 
Gatomon began struggling in Kari's arms, “Of… course he's not gone!” she squeaked.
 
Suddenly, the whole island began quivering madly, and the ocean started bubbling again.
 
“Either this is an Earthquake… or we're in big trouble!” said Davis
 
“…Look!” screamed Kari pointing out to Raidramon's direction.
 
There even larger and stronger than ever was Devimon. Just half his body stuck out from the water and it was even larger than the island.
 
Just his deep voice was enough to make ripples on the water grow to small waves.
 
“Heh… heh… heh! How very careless!” he chuckled, “Have you forgotten that it was lightning energy that transfers the energy to me in the first place?”
 
“Oh no!” cried Raidramon, “Then that would mean… I've made him even stronger now!”
 
“Oh man!” cried Davis, “How are we supposed to tear this guy down now?”
 
“You can't… silly fool!” roared Devimon, “You will never be able to defeat me at this state!”
 
“Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!! AHHHHHH… HA, HA, HA!!!