Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Island Of Doom ❯ Don't give up Davis. ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
 
 
Devimon didn't even have to use his special powers this time. He was so incredibly HUGE… that just his arm was long enough the reach all the way around the island.
 
This time, Raidramon couldn't run or hide at all, and he was brought down in only one punch and he changed back into Veemon.
 
The poor little Rookie would never be able to get out of there on his own. “Davish… Help!” he cried.
 
“Veemon!” cried Davis, but Kari didn't let him go. “No, Davis you can't… you'll get crushed!” she cried.
 
“Kari let go of me… I can't let Veemon get hurt!” said Davis trying to break free.
 
“No Davis, I won't let you!” she cried, “I almost lost you once, I can't let you go again!”
 
Suddenly, Davis had an idea… it was rather impulsive, but by far probably the only thing to get her to let go.
 
Davis turned around to face Kari, and in one split second… he kissed her.
 
Kari felt so surprised at the way he had reacted, that she let her arm slip off from around him.
 
When Davis broke away from her, “I promise you Kari… I'll be right back!” he said, and then her ran off.
 
Kari just stood there, she didn't even blink.
 
“Kari… are you okay?” asked Gatomon.
 
Kari didn't respond, and she didn't have to. That kiss… was more than enough proof for her that Davis really did still love her, and was willing to risk his life for her… AGAIN!!
 
“Ugh… I can't stand anymore of this mushy stuff!” groaned Devimon, “I'm getting Cavities!!”
 
He roared loudly, and then raised his arm ready to squash Veemon into a pancake…. When just in the nick of time, Davis scooped him out of the way.
 
He may not have gotten squished, the shockwaves from the huge arm smashing the ground sent Davis Tumbling to the other side of the island.
 
“DAVIS… VEEMON!!!” cried Kari.
 
“Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha… He promised you he'd come back now didn't he?” said Devimon as he struggled to pull his arm out of the ground.
 
“Well it looks like now he'll have to break it. Don't worry… you'll be joining him soon enough… HM…M…M…M!!”
 
Davis just sat the with Veemon in his arms, ready to throw in the towel. “He could be right.” he said. “I don't know what else to do.”
 
“Davish… you're not serious are you?” said Veemon in his arms.
 
“I'm sorry, Veemon, but look at the facts… We've tried our best, and it's not enough to even phase him.”
 
“And remember…you and Gatomon still can't Digivolve because of the clouds!”
 
“I never thought I'd say this…but--”
 
Before he could finish, Veemon leapt up and slapped him across the face. “No Davish… Don't you dare say it!” he snarled.
 
“You can't give up now, Davish… We've been in tougher situations than this before… and somehow we always ended up victorious because you never quit!”
 
“We've all seen you in action before, Davish. You're our leader because you're one of the best guys on the team.”
 
“Better than Kari and TK… Better than Yolei and Cody…. Even better than Ken, and it was thanks to you that we were able to change Ken's ways.”
 
“Even after Ken was beaten you still never gave up… and it was thanks to your help, your believing, and your bravery… we beat Maylo-Myotismon… one of the darkest Digimon of all!”
 
“If you quit now Davish… who else will there be to stop this guy now?!”
 
Devimon finally pulled his arm free.
 
Davis looked up at the other side of the island, and both Kari and Gatomon agreed.
 
“We're all counting on you Davis.” Said Kari, “You've lead us to victory once before, and you can do it again!”
 
Davis found his strength again, “You're right!” he said, “All of you.”
 
“I can never forget what made me a Digi Destined in the first place. This battle makes no difference.”
 
He looked up at the sky… “I WILL SEE THIS TO THE END!!!”
 
“Time to Die!!” roared Devimon, but before he could bring his arm down… the lighting form the clouds seemed strike Davis right in the heart.
 
But instead of Vaporizing him, the light turned gold, and began to get brighter. “What… what is this?!” cried Devimon.
 
There right in front of Davis stood the Golden-Digiegg of MIRACLES.
 
“Man… I never thought I'd see this thing ever again, but I'm damn glad to have it now!” he said.
 
“Veemon… you ready?”
 
“Yeah… give it to me!” said Veemon.
 
 
Davis nodded and raised the Golden-Egg to the sky… “GOLDEN-ARMOR… ENERGIZE!!!”
 
“Veemon… Golden-Armor-Digivolve…To …!!”
 
..MANGNAMON!!”
 
The Golden light burst out in every direction… “STOP… STOP!! I CAN'T STAND THE LIGHT!!!” cried Devimon.
 
“Magnamon… Long time, No see!” said Davis.
 
They shared a high-five, “You see what happens, Davis?” he asked, “I could never have become what I am now if it wasn't for your believing.”
 
“You're right.” Said Davis, “All I have to do is keep believing, and together… Devimon will fall!”
 
Kari and Gatomon looked on at the boys, “Go get' him…” said Gatomon.
 
“Show him he's no match for you!” added Kari.
 
“Ha… no match for you… you've got to be kidding me!” snarled Devimon. “But enough of this small talk… let's Finish this!”
 
Far… Far away
 
“Hey… where's Joe, and Mimi?” asked Yolei.
 
“They went back to alert the coast guard.” Said Izzy, “If Davis and Kari get rid of Devimon… we'll need to get all those people of the island and fast!”
 
“Uh… just what do you mean by that, Izzy.” Asked Tai.
 
“Well... I've done some readings on the island… and found out that without Devimon… the island will…. The island will.”
 
“SPIT IT OUT!!” yelled Tai… “What's going to happen!”
 
Izzy showed them on the computer what could happen to the island if Devimon is gone.
 
“GAHH…. WE GOT TO HURRY!!” cried Tai, because if he knew how strong Davis could be at times… Devimon wouldn't be around much longer.
 
“Ahoy there!” came a voice from down below.
 
Everyone turned and saw him on Zudomon with Mimi on Lillymon with about five boats behind them.
 
“We got the Coast guard.” said Joe, “They'll help us get everyone off the island.”
 
“Good work you guys!” said TK, “We'll need all the help we can get!”
 
“Davis… Kari… I'm sorry I did this to you!” he said to himself, “I hope you can forgive m.”
 
The island was still very far away, but they all hoped to their very souls that their friends were okay.