Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit Powers Awakened ❯ Meeting the Parents ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five: Meeting the Parents

Sakamuri High

Yusuke was in detention, along with Kuwabara, he had tried to skip out on school again. Pan was in detention as well, just for hanging out with her boyfriend.

"You know Yusuke those two teachers have a new name from me."

"Yeah, let's hear it Pan, I could use a good laugh."

"Rat-Face and Moron, is the name I have chosen for them. I can't believe they gave me detention just for hanging around you."

"Yeah, well those two have been out to get me for a while. So is it still good for me to come over to meet your folks today?"

"Yeah, by the way do you know a young man with long red hair and wearing a reddish coat and pants?"

"Oh you mean Kurama, yeah I know him. He helped us out a couple of days ago. I'll pass on your thanks next time I see him."

"Thanks, but if I see him first I'll tell him. I'm just glad Kuwabara didn't take me home, I don't want him knowing where I live; he's creepy."

"Don't forget stupid and ugly. Oh, by the way you wouldn't happen to have a VCR that works do you. Or should we just watch at Kuwabara's place."

"Urameshi there is no way I'm letting you drag me into helping you again!"

"What!? Kuwabara, you were the one that jumped down that hole!"

"Don't try and cover it up Urameshi! I'm not helping this time!"

Yusuke gave up on him and slugged him hard. Kuwabara called home and found out that his sister trashed the VCR because it trashed her favorite movie.

"Hey Urameshi, my sister just told me she trashed the VCR."

"Hey Kuwabara, we're going to have to blind fold you. No offense, but you are just creepy and we don't want you to know where she lives."

Kuwabara grumbled a yes and followed them until they were about two blocks away.

"Alright Kuwabara we're about halfway there, so now you have to go blind folded, or I can knock you out and carry you there. It's your choice, wait, no it isn't; I think I'll just knock you out, or maybe we will blind fold you."

Kuwabara grabbed the blind fold and tied it across his eyes and let Yusuke push him in the right direction. In about twenty minutes they arrived at Pan's house, it took a whole fifteen minutes longer than usual. When they arrived Pan let them in and Yusuke removed the blind fold from Kuwabara.

"Pan are you home?"

"I'm home mom; I have my boyfriend over and his acquaintance. Is daddy home mom?"

"He's in the den Pan, I'll go get him right now. Gohan Pan's home, with her boyfriend and his acquaintance, they're in the living room."

Gohan got up from his chair and went to the living room, where he saw a boy wearing a green jacket and pants, with his hair slicked back. Then the boy who was ugly and a bit stupid looking, wearing a blue jacket and pants. He saw Pan sitting next to the boy in the green clothing, holding his hand. He noticed how she seemed happy around him and the same with him when he was around her.

"So Pan how come your late getting home?"

"I got detention from two teachers, just for hanging around with Yusuke."

"Really and why would these teachers do that?"

"I can answer that, they've been out to get me for along time. Before I met Pan I would skip school for weeks at a time."

Yusuke then went on to explain everything from him saving a kids life to his wake. Where the teachers were making smart comments about him. He even spoke about him getting brought back thanks to Keiko giving some of her energy to bring him back. Though he described it as mouth to mouth resuscitation. Then to his first mission to recover three sacred objects stolen from King Yahma's volt. How he battled Gouki and had to blast his insides out through his mouth just to beat him. Then to how he was willing to give up his own life instead of Kurama so that his mother could live. How the object spared both their lives in honor of the noble sacrifice that would have happened. Hiei was a different story, as he had a sword that could make people into youkai. He had struck Keiko with it and she was becoming one. Fighting Hiei had been hard, but he had used the second object as a reflector and hit Hiei in the back, then giving Keiko the antidote.

"Well that sounds like an interesting life, I can't say I don't believe you, but with everything that has happened to us in life, well I can be a hypocrite. So anything else we should know

Yusuke?"

"Yeah, my second and my latest mission. I'm sure Pan told you about Grandma's Evil Boot Camp, or Genkai's tournament."

"Yeah, we know everything about that tournament. But this last mission I hear you almost died, nearly taking my daughter with you."

"I didn't mean to use the amount of energy I did. I was fighting Suzaku the fourth and leader of the saint beasts. I'm sure you remember the weird people around town, blue skin, red eyes, really creepy looking."

"Yeah, I saw a few of them around."

"They were being controlled by Makai insects."

Yusuke went on to explain his mission to face the four saint beasts, where he had help from Hiei and Kurama. He explained that they were under something like a probation or they had no choice in the matter. Yusuke spoke of the first saint beast, who was pretty much nothing but living rock. (Anybody remember the first saint breasts name?) Then to Byakko, the second saint beast and one for a big appetite for spirit energy and a big mouth. Where Kuwabara nearly got killed because of it. Then to Seriyu, whom Hiei defeated with sixteen strikes of his katana. Then to Suzaku, the strongest of the saint beasts, the one controlling the Makai insects, how he fought him and was electrocuted, but shielded Pan from feeling any of the pain he was going through, then to how Suzaku was able to make copies of himself and really electrocute him. Finally to how he had to tap into his life force to defeat him after he threatened Pan and Keiko. Then how he was told Kuwabara transferred some of his life force into Yusuke to keep him alive. Finally to everything he had just told them and the tape containing his next mission.

Knock Knock

Videl went and answered the door and there stood Shizuru with an annoyed face.

"Hi may I help you?"

"Hi, yeah, I'm here for Kazuma, his friends told me he came this way."

"Kazuma? Do you mean Kuwabara; he's in the living room watching some tape. Come on in, I'll let you surprise him."

"Thanks, now I have someone here who says she is Yusuke's partner for something."

"Oh come on in then, I'll let Yusuke know."

"Come on in Botan, you don't need to pretend to not know I'm here."

"Hi Botan, how are you doing?"

"Fine thanks Pan, so Yusuke did Hiei deliver the tape?"

"Yeah he delivered it to me."

Yusuke knew his girlfriend knew Botan, he had seen her life through their bond.

"So lets see the tape and no matter what type of mission you have, I'm not helping!"

"Yeah, yeah, shut up already."

(The following few sentences will be direct dialogue from the episode I got it from.)

"Welcome how do you like my video? The great Koenma, ruler of the Spirit world, has yet another important case for you."

"This is seriously the guy you get your job from Urameshi? This little bity toddler?"

"I said the same thing when I met him and Botan hit me in the head."

"Perhaps that's why Koenma is doing the video this time; he can't bare these first reactions."

"This mission will be another doozy, hopefully you will survive. By the way don't worry about people entering the room, this video is specially imprinted and will appear as annoying fuzz to anyone without heightened spirit awareness. Now your mission is search and rescue, except without the searching, watch my magic snap."

"Come on that's just a cheap camera trick."

"This looks hard Urameshi."

"Shut up."

"Spirit World intelligence reports that the captive is being held in a mountain strong hold, around two hundred miles from your city. Not being of driving age yourself, you will have to take a bus. The mountain is a base of criminal activity, normally I don't mind that, but the humans have made ties with some very nasty youkai. The captives name is Yukina, she is an ice apparition; very rare, equally rare are the beautiful jewels she can produce. Which is why the criminals have captured her, they hope to profit greatly off of Yukina, forcing her to create these jewels at an unnatural pace and by force, I mean torture."

"That's horrible."

"You see there is only one way to make the jewels... her tear."

"Yes the Hiroseki stone, in the black market those jewels sell easily for thousands."

"Here is the human behind the operation. His name is Gonzu Torukenae, a jeweler and a thug. He has made something a name and fortune for himself in the black market by selling rare jewels."

"Eeh, he is too ugly to be a human."

"He's too ugly to be anything."

"Here are the most recent pictures we have of Yukina. Memorize her face, this mission goes far beyond jewelry thieves, it is imperative that you bring her back quickly."

"Oh I feel awful for her, we have to leave today."

"What's his deal?"

"Heh, you look miserable."

"Uh, I think I'm in love."

"What?"

"Well come on Urameshi, lets send those bad guys to the moon!"

"I thought you weren't coming."

"Shut up; don't try dressing up the facts again! I'm a good friend and I can't let you go save her alone! She's suffering, huh, Shizuru?"

(This is where I'm going to warp things again, but also have some direct dialogue!)

"Hey Shizuru, I was wondering if you were still talking with Mrs. Son."

"We came in to see what you were watching on the tape, and Kazuma, you were supposed to come straight home today!"

"Hey I'm sorry alright, but can I have some money for the bus, say a million!"

"A million would get you a trip to Hawaii. Here you go Kazuma."

"Thanks Shizuru."

"Here everyone I made some snacks, in case anybody was hungry. Pan, Gohan, yours is on the table."

"Yeah it'll take him a couple of hours to realize that he doesn't know where he is going."

Everyone sweat-dropped at that comment, realizing how stupid Kuwabara really was.

Mountain Base

(Direct Dialogue!)

"Welcome back your Excellency."

"What's new with the broad? She cry?"

"No, I confess we have been having trouble with that sir. She seems to have stripped herself of all emotions."

"Sigh Them broads are all alike, ask them nicely and they stiffen up like a dead bug. That's why I brought in some experts."

Two figures appeared in the doorway of the helicopter. One big one and one smaller one, hanging on his shoulder.

"These gents are called the Toguro Brothers; they're the leaders of the apparition gang."

"Ah, apparition gang sir, are they not the ones that capture and sell youkai?"

"Chuckling Yeah, it turns out they do business in all varieties of areas, including some youkai torturing."

"Let us handle it from here, we will make her cry."

Yukina is up in the tower with birds around her, sadly sitting there.

"Sweet bird, if I had wings like you did, I promise I wouldn't be staying here. Oh don't you see; there are many of better places to go that are far away from me. Hears steps on the stairs Go free!"

Yukina then started to make the room freezing cold.

"Every time we come to visit, she freezes the room, wretched little thing, huh."

"Are you sure you wouldn't want one of our coats?'

"You needn't worry about us."

"There she is; a little knock out ain't she? But when it comes to feelings its like her hearts been frozen shut. Well open the door boys. Well now have you decided to warm up to your uncle Torukenae yet?"

The Toguro brothers went over to Yukina and the big one tried flicking her, but she didn't shed a single tear.

"Don't bother, we've already tried filling that girl up with every kind of pain imaginable. No matter what, she just sits there and stares at that wall."

"Huh, stay away! It isn't safe."

She was yelling at the birds.

"Brother?"

"Of course."

"These little birds keep you company and give you a small reason to hope don't they? Too bad your feelings have betrayed them."

The smaller of the two killed the two birds and started to cause her to cry. Meanwhile Yusuke, Kuwabara, Pan, and Botan had just arrived in the mountain area. They started searching for the mansion that was being used as the base. They were walking around

for a while until they were confronted by a gangster looking man.

"You are going to have to leave, you are on private property."

"Come on give us a break, we're lost and the birds ate all our crumbs. Let us stay at your bosses place."

"I'm afraid I can't do that."

"Come on all the crime lords have big places."

"Crime lords? It seems your more than just lost people. You had your chance now pay!"

He transformed into a hideous creature and was speaking about a bunch of nonsense and Yusuke and Kuwabara took him out quickly. They continued on to their journey to rescue Yukina and stop the man responsible.

"Hey there's a trail that goes all the way by the looks of it."

"Come on guys lets go, we got to save Yukina!"

"I'm not a guy idiot, I'm a girl!"

When the two of them reached the top of the hill Kuwabara was already running down the trail towards the mansion.

"Shouldn't we tell him about the rest of the tape?"

"I wouldn't want to spoil his fun."

Flashback

"In closing I must say this case is quite delicate, you see this ice apparition is not just some Jane-doe, Yukina is Hiei's sister."

End Flashback

'Yukina, I will save you!'

Yusuke and Group

Yusuke tell me what is Hiei, Yukina is an ice apparition, but I don't think he is.

From what I know he is a fire youkai, seeing as how Yukina is his sister, then he might be half ice apparition as well. Or Yukina could be his half sister, but he considers her a normal sister. Sort of like me and Keiko, we're not related in any way, but I consider her a sister to me.

That makes sense, you care for Keiko, but not the same way you do for me. Its a sibling caring, even if your not related or not completely related.

Exactly, when this is all over I'm going to take a serious absence from school.

Really, but I'd be all alone! You wouldn't want that would you?

Fine, I'll take a serious absence from classes I don't have with you, namely none. You are

mean at times you know that?

I know Yusuke, now lets go save that girl. Should we just stick to strictly to spirit energy and brute strength?

Sounds good to me, we'll use our ki as a last resort, though you still have more to teach me about manipulating my ki.

"Hey Yusuke why are you so silent all of a sudden?"

Yusuke shot Botan a look that told her to shut up. Though she ignored it and continued to ask him why he was being quite. Though she stopped when she was caught in the web of a youkai spider. Kuwabara cut her out yelling at it and Yusuke punched a hole in it.

"Nice job Yusuke, you and Kuwabara will be done before I get a chance to do something."

"Well we still have a lot more to go through."

Pan nodded and they continued on through the woods until they ran into a another dozen

youkai and took them out easily. They continued on through a gain and through a mine field, with their spirit energy causing them to explode, yet keeping them safe while Botan scouted above them. When they came from the fire Botan landed next to them and they entered the building. As soon as the human guards were knocked out they were confronted by a youkai guard.

"Welcome I am Miyuki, you won't be going any further. Now who will fight me?"

"I can't fight you your a girl!"

"So a gentlemen, a man who wishes to own his woman!"

"Whoa, I don't know about that lady, I just don't fight girls! Its against my code!"

"Well then the flat girl looks like she could be a challenge."

"Who are you calling a flat girl, I'm not a drawing you know!"

"Who said that you were dye hair, and I wasn't talking to you! The black haired girl, with the flat chest, was whom I was talking to!"

"Are you saying that I have a flat chest lady, or were you talking about someone else?"

"Compared to me, you girly!"

"That does it, I'm fighting her; anybody says other wise will join her in the wall!"

Everybody else stepped back, except for Pan and Miyuki. Pan charged her right away and ripped the top half of her kimono in half.

"You have disgraced me! Now you shall pay dearly!"

She charged Pan and regretted it right away. Pan turned around and quickly dispatched with her, by shoving her head first into the floor. Everyone watched with a quite admiration towards her and a knowing never to insult her like that. They started to move on when Kuwabara's head band was cut off his head.

"Your going to get it now, you cut off the head band of love!"

"Am I supposed to be worried?"

"You should be, Spirit Sword!"

Kuwabara charged him, but he disappeared and struck Kuwabara across the chest. They decided to run and they turned a corner quickly and Yusuke and Pan turned around and let off a shot gun blast that covered the entire hallway. Inmaki was blasted into the wall that was facing the hall. They smirked at their work and started down the hallway, when they were ambushed by a giant and ugly youkai. He grabbed Botan and started laughing about how he was going to kill them.

"Botan put your arms up!"

She did and slid right out of her jacket and ran as Yusuke, Pan, and Kuwabara took him out, with only a few punches and kicks. They made their comments to the camera and continued on to the end of the hall. As they neared an opening, it began to close and they began to run. Pan got there first and was holding it open long enough to get the others through, but the force of the doors shot her backwards, away from the others. She began pounding on the door to try and break it down with her incredible strength but she couldn't break it down. It was too heavily thick and bolted down to budge.

(Now inside the chamber everything happens the way it does in the episodes.)

Pan ran through the halls trying to find another way into the chamber. She ran through multiple halls until she came face to face with Hiei. She could sense that he was a youkai, so she crouched into her fighting pose. Hiei also went into his battle pose ready to draw his katana on her.

"So a girl now stands in my way, well don't think I'll be nice just because your a girl. The only thing nice I will do is possibly spare your life and not use my katana."

"Fine with me youkai, your going down. I'm possibly the strongest girl alive!"

"Then so be it to prove your statement!"

Hiei attacked her with great speed, while she also charged him. They collided in the middle of the hall and made a small shock wave.

"Get out of my way youkai, you won't stop me from helping my friends!"

"I won't let you interfere with helping to save Yukina!"

"I'm not trying to interfere with saving Yukina, Yusuke and the others are in that chamber!"

"The Spirit Detective is inside the chamber? I saw the tower where they held Yukina, there were spirit cards (or whatever they're called) for ice apparitions. The reason why I couldn't see her with my Jagan."

"Alright, but how do we find where they have Yukina now?"

"With her out of the tower, I can see her with my Jagan. She's at the control room for the chamber, it seems the detective and the idiot are having a hard time."

"Well that explains why I can't sense him, he's blocking me out again. I'm going to have to give him a few good whacks."

Hiei smirked at the image of Yusuke getting hit by his girlfriend. So the two of them made their way to the control center door.

"So how shall we get in? Sneak around or the direct approach?"

"I say the direct approach is more like it."

"Fine with me Hiei, to bad I didn't have a sister, you two would probably get along great."

Pan blasted the door open and Hiei lunged in and took out the guards, and then went after Torukenae. She saw Yukina stop him, before he could kill him, and he stopped. Then she went to go down to the ring below, But Pan stopped her and blasted open the windows and took her down the fastest and shortest way she knew. Yukina began to heal the two boys and Yusuke smiled gently at her and she noticed how banged up he was.

"Yusuke I can't believe you were blocking me out again!"

"Didn't mean to, I must have done subconsciously, I was to busy fighting the Toguro Brother's to worry about our bond. As you can see I'm a mess and I need a vacation, besides I need to get back to the city. I owe Keiko a new dress for what those creeps did to her other one. Plus if I don't then she'll kill me for skipping school again."

"Alright, but your getting me a dress as well! I may be a tomboy, but that doesn't mean I can't wear a dress every now and then. I have to wear that horrible school uniform!"

Pan helped Yusuke up, while Yukina helped Kuwabara and they left the compound. The next day Yusuke was "escorting" his girlfriend and best friend out of the store they had purchased their dresses in, or rather Yusuke purchased for them. They saw a group of people huddled around one area and they went to investigate.

"Oh my goodness, what causes that?"

Yusuke starts to back out of the crowd, when someone on a motorcycle behind him revved the engine. Yusuke turned around to face the mysterious person.

(Direct Dialogue)

"Who are you?"

"Already forgotten? I guess I don't make much of an impression on people."

The man took off his helmet and it was none other than Toguro, Yusuke took a step back in fear as he looked on at Toguro.

"There's no way..."

"Is something a matter Yusuke? You have the strangest look of surprise on your face."

"I'm sorry, but when I kill people, I'm used to them staying dead."

After Yusuke finished speaking something flew right in front of him, to fast for him to see. It left a deep slash in his shirt. Yusuke couldn't believe it and he was scared.

"I suggest you come with me for a little talk. After all you wouldn't want something bad to

happen to your precious girlfriend."

Kuwabara was walking down the street and saw the damage and Keiko, he called out hello, but then he saw Toguro.

"Surely you didn't think actually you had beaten me. Money decided that fight long before you entered the ring. But don't be angry you might soon be able to fight me on fare terms and not get so easily crushed."

"Why don't you get to the point muscles? I've got better things to do with my time, than waste it with you!"

"Your afraid of me."

"What? Amused is more like it!"

"There's no one here to impress Yusuke, and I can see your entire body shaking. The ability to feel your enemies is one of your strengths. It forces you to reach your potential. But you haven't been scared enough. You need some motivation and that's why I've come here, to show you my true power!! I only used twenty percent of my strength when I fought with you and your friend! So why don't I now show you- There. That's sixty percent."

Toguro then began smashing the pillars around Yusuke and crushing all the falling pieces which could have hit Yusuke.

"Understand that this is the last time I will save your life."

Yusuke turned blue in the face and was unable to move.

"Two months from now, a martial arts competition will be taking place."

"Oh, sounds like fun."

"It's a dark tournament, organized by greedy human crime lords and drawing on the most vile youkai of the spirit world. Each criminal gathers a team of five fighters, and the team's battle to the death. Humans enter for gambling and entertainment, youkai for blood and the chance to win the prize. You and Kuwabara are special guests this competition. If you refuse I will immediately kill you and everyone you know. If you want to survive these fights, I suggest you get stronger."

"Stupid Yusuke! You got so scarred around him you couldn't even friggin' move! You idiot! He's going to kick your stupid butt!"

Yusuke got up from his knees and looked at the rubble around him.

Yusuke where are you? Why did you leave all of a sudden?

Search my mind Pan.

Pan wondered about what he said, but went ahead and did so, she found area's blocked off that she was able to get into before. She noticed one area of his mind that was from that day, after he had backed out from the crowd. She mentally entered that area and a flash of light from his mind blinded her for a second and then she was at the area Yusuke disappeared at. She watched as Yusuke started to back out of the crowd, when someone on a motorcycle behind him revved the engine. Yusuke turned around to face the mysterious person.

(Direct Dialogue)

"Who are you?"

"Already forgotten? I guess I don't make much of an impression on people."

The man took off his helmet and it was none other than Toguro, Yusuke took a step back in fear as he looked on at Toguro.

"There's no way..."

"Is something a matter Yusuke? You have the strangest look of surprise on your face."

"I'm sorry, but when I kill people, I'm used to them staying dead."

After Yusuke finished speaking something flew right in front of him, to fast for him to see. It left a deep slash in his shirt. Yusuke couldn't believe it and he was scared.

"I suggest you come with me for a little talk. After all you wouldn't want something bad to happen to your precious girlfriend."

She noticed Kuwabara was walking down the street and saw the damage and Keiko, he called out hello, but then he saw Toguro.

"Surely you didn't think actually you had beaten me. Money decided that fight long before you entered the ring. But don't be angry you might soon be able to fight me on fare terms and not get so easily crushed."

"Why don't you get to the point muscles? I've got better things to do with my time, than waste it with you!"

"Your afraid of me."

"What? Amused is more like it!"

"There's no one here to impress Yusuke, and I can see your entire body shaking. The ability to feel your enemies is one of your strengths. It forces you to reach your potential. But you haven't been scared enough. You need some motivation and that's why I've come here, to show you my true power!! I only used twenty percent of my strength when I fought with you and your friend! So why don't I now show you- There. That's sixty percent."

Toguro then began smashing the pillars around Yusuke and crushing all the falling pieces which could have hit Yusuke.

"Understand that this is the last time I will save your life."

Yusuke turned blue in the face and was unable to move.

"Two months from now, a martial arts competition will be taking place."

"Oh, sounds like fun."

"It's a dark tournament, organized by greedy human crime lords and drawing on the most vile youkai of the spirit world. Each criminal gathers a team of five fighters, and the team's battle to the death. Humans enter for gambling and entertainment, youkai for blood and the chance to win the prize. You and Kuwabara are special guests this competition. If you refuse, I will immediately kill you and everyone you know. If you want to survive these fights, I suggest you get stronger."

Then she watched as Toguro picked up his jacket and jumped down off the roof.

"Stupid Yusuke! You got so scarred around him you couldn't even friggin' move! You idiot! He's going to kick your stupid butt!"

Pan retreated from his mind scared as well, knowing that the Toguro's were much stronger than she was and her mother. Though her father was in question compared to the Toguro's.

Yusuke I think its time we were home schooled. We need to go back to Genkai's to train some more and become stronger.

(Official Title for chapter from episode! Also from the next chapter on, the dialogue will be drastically altered and the same with some fights.)