Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ Girl Talk ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z (released by Funimation and the like), or Ami or Yumi and Kaz from Hi Hi Puffyamiyumi (owned by Cartoon Network). They're in here for a splash of fun in this experiment. I know there are hundreds of B/V get togethers, but I'm taking a whack at the 'get together' story with my own twist of insanity here. If it in any way resembles the others it's only because I've got the B/V insanity! Reviews welcome of course!
 
Royal Line Blues
 
By Trynia Merin.
Rated PG for some language
 
*****
Story notes:
 
This is slightly A/U interpretation with a dash of Puffyamiyumi thrown in for fun. In this, Ami and Yumi are childhood friends of Bulma Briefs, having known her from school. Capsule Corps is one of their sponsors. This takes place in that infamous three years after Freiza's demise by Mirai Trunks, and before Baby Trunks is born. Yamucha is NOT a cheating boyfriend in this, and he and Bulma are separated but still on good terms (although I love the ones in which he is for the fun of it but I'm giving the poor guy a break here). Vegeta is staying in a small guesthouse on the Capsule Corps property next to his GT room in a separate building, and has been staying there for a few months already. Everyone is taking a slight break from training for the Android Invasion.
 
*******************************************************
Chapter 1
 
They had known her since cramming school. Both Ami and Yumi had sporadic contact with their schoolgirl friend Bulma and wanted to know just what crazy adventure she was doing these days. She always ended up in some strange out of this world adventure with those martial arts types she was always tagging along with. Ever since she was a teenager they got updates from her about how she'd 'run off with a desert bandit'' or 'met a flying monkey boy with the strength of 10' in order to find these magical items.
 
"She's crazy," Yumi snorted. "Totally crackers…"
 
"Don't say that!" Ami flushed as she walked into the eatery where they often stopped at West Central City. It was the home of legendary Capsule Corporation, where both of their brothers had steady jobs. Ever since they got their band up and running, they stopped by the city to play one of their celebrated concerts for the employees. It was a thank you to their schoolgirl buddy for giving them some of the money to get their first album together. Granted their road manager Caz was a baka, but they couldn't have everything perfect.
 
"I wonder if she's still dating that handsome baseball player," muttered Ami. The young waiter guided them to a nice booth facing the street.
 
"Hey, get your butt over here we're hungry!" Yumi growled at the waiter. He quickly complied with the purple haired rock star's request, and tossed them two menus.
 
"Settle down will you, I heard that halfway across the restaurant," Bulma Brief said.
 
"What took YOU so long?" Yumi asked as their friend swung into the booth and sat down with a sigh. Dressed in corporate best, she tugged off the hairband that held her curly permed mass up, letting it fall around her shoulders.
 
"Corporate sellout right?" Bulma giggled as she saw Ami fingering her long curly hair, while Yumi buried her head in her menu and mumbled some choice curses.
 
"You said it, not me!"
 
"Don't mind her, Hon, she's cranky over the jet lag from Hong Kong," said Ami, nudging Bulma's shoulder. The dove colored blouse with ruffles coordinated well with the pink miniskirt and tight matching bolero jacket. Bulma kicked her shoes off and rubbed her face trying not to mess up her mascara.
 
"Nice to see you too, grouchy pants," said Bulma, kicking Yumi under the table. "So, what guy got into your dressing room and raided your panties this time?"
 
"Nobody," Yumi snorted. "I'm just digging your hair though. How the hell did you get it so damn curly?"
 
"Funny coming from a girl who loves her mane straight as a stick," Bulma shot back.
 
"Good to see you again, Sweetie… is running your parents company driving you nuts again? Or is it a new boyfriend?" Ami whispered.
 
"Well, actually a bit of both. I've had some new… house guests who are driving me NUTS, and it's just… crazy…" she said.
 
"Is that bald headed friend of yours and that baseball player still freeloading?" grinned Yumi as she snapped her fingers. She winked at the young waiter who was struggling to get his vest straight. He had three celebrities at his table!
 
"Miss Ami and Yumi, and Miss Briefs! Three stunning ladies of society in my place! I'm so honored! I'm wondering if it's asking too much to have your autographs…" he said, wiping drops of sweat off his forehead.
 
"Well, bring us the usual and we'll see how many autographs we'll sign," Ami blinked.
 
"The ah… usual?" he said, combing through his hair.
 
"An Ikaru, a peach schnapps and a pina colada," Bulma blinked at him with a sweet smile. He caught himself looking at her shapely legs tapering into small feet, which were bare from the strappy shoes she had kicked off. Damn she made corporate look good, he thought. Not to mention the mini skirted rock diva duo that occupied the table around her.
 
"Right up, ladies!" he saluted, writing down their orders. "And if there's anything else…"
 
"We'll let you know, right away," Yumi grinned, reaching over to pinch his butt as Ami rolled her eyes and Bulma hid her embarrassed face in her menu.
 
"I should get her together with that old ecchi, Master Roshi," she mumbled as she whispered to Ami. "But since she's my friend and your bandmate…"
 
"She'd flatten him or talk his ear off," said Ami. "Remember what happened when Kaz signed us up for those 'free' lessons, and we were sponsored by the World Martial arts tournament?"
 
"How can I forget. Capsule Corp was right there with you guys," Bulma giggled. "She ended up throwing the instructor. But I think that she could handle the old pervert… which reminds me, I've been thinking it's been ages since we got together… and went out…"
 
"You have some hot guys we can take out, suit girl?" Yumi joked. "I'd take that waiter, but I think he'd bleed all over me…"
 
"You sicko," Ami threw a piece of ice from her drink at her bandmate.
 
"Actually I do have some potential dates… but it might be asking a lot…" said Bulma.
 
"Too bad you're dating that yummy baseball player… or wait… are you…" asked Ami, putting a hand over her mouth.
 
"Well, let's just say that we've decided to just be friends," she said. "Which is why I want you two to come along…"
 
"Oh, who do you have in mind this time?" asked Yumi.
 
"Well, Yamucha and I tried getting back together, but the spark wasn't there," Bulma sighed. "He's a sweet guy, and he told me he had a crush on someone ELSE…"
 
"Who pray tell?"
 
"Well, that would be telling… but he's an awful big fan of a certain up and coming chick rock group," Bulma whispered conspiratorially.
 
"Oh you gotta be kidding," Yumi blinked. "Mr. Hunk boy baseball likes US?"
 
"So, are you meaning to fix one of US up with him… your… ex?" asked Ami. Her heart skipped a beat.
 
"Well, yes…"'
 
"Great, give us your leftovers," Yumi snorted, although she wasn't THAT upset looking.
 
"Well, I have tickets to this corporate ball my dad and mom are throwing, and I already paid for them, and Yamucha has a tuxedo," said Bulma. "And since I have four extra tickets I invited three eligible men with me to be our dates…"
 
"Oh great, who are they?" Yumi asked. "Other than Mr. Baseball ex hunk boyfriend of yours…"
 
"Shh," Ami hissed throwing a napkin at her. Yumi grinned.
 
"Well, you remember Yamucha has a few friends who trained under Master Roshi… they were friends of Goku's and mine… and my mother decided to send out invites to Kame house, and two of Yamucha's students are coming with us," Bulma said, looking slightly nervous.
 
"Oh, you mean your pal Sonkun's friends? That tall three eyed dude, the bald guy, the hunky green veggie man?" asked Yumi. She of course was referring to Tien, Kurin, and Piccolo, which she had seen many pictures of, and even briefly seen in person fighting at the various martial arts tourneys, and in passing when great strange disasters leveled the city.
 
"Yes… I hope you girls won't mind…"
 
"Well, I'm not into green men from outer space," Yumi said. "But the bald guy was kind of cute, but I'm not dating that pig guy… he has a dirty mind…"
 
"Oolong won't be there," said Bulma. She recalled the time that she had brought some of the Z fighters around to meet her friends, namely Goku and Chichi who were big fans, along with Master Roshi and Oolong and Krillen. Goku had behaved himself, but Oolong soon found himself on the receiving end of a platform boot.
 
"Thank Kami," mumbled Yumi. "So who's with who?"
 
"I've got someone special in mind for you," Bulma said quietly. "But I don't think he's that easy to get along with…"
 
"Why don't we play our own version of microdate and see who picks who," suggested Ami. "That way we'll each be happy… and who knows… one of us might be hitting a home run…"
 
"I hope you don't think it's weird if you end up with my ex boyfriend, either of you, or the other girls in the band," Bulma said.
 
"Don't worry. It'll be fun," Yumi smiled. Their drinks finally arrived, and they began to rattle off their orders.
 
***
 
"Oh, it's been ages since any of you visited here," Bunny Briefs cooed as she saw the small group who was at their front door. Capsule Corps was often the place where they chose to gather for meetings, strategy and socializing. Regardless of how irritating the newest occupant could be.
 
"Well we were just wondering how Bulma was doing," Goku said with a big grin as he stood there with his usual parade of friends.
 
"Oh of COURSE!" Bunny laughed. "You must be FAMISHED, you youngsters…"
 
"Actually, we are kinda hungry, right dad?" Gohan asked as he pulled on the leg of his dad's bright orange gi. Goku grinned and picked up his son, putting him on his shoulders.
 
"I hope it's not a problem," he grinned.
 
"Is Bulma here? She said that her guests were arriving this afternoon and she wanted us to meet them…" Yamucha asked as he leaned around Goku's shoulder. Krillen rolled his eyes and grumbled.
 
"Sheesh can't you be any more obvious?" he mumbled.
 
"Oh, Bulma's little friends are having a small bite before they stop by for the cookout, so why don't you make yourselves comfortable! She'll be so glad to see you," Bunny grinned as she ushered them all in.
 
"Aren't you coming, Mom?" Gohan called back to his mom. All of the hungry Z fighters greeted Bunny briefs as they wandered into the large living room area of the Capsule Corp mansion. Yamucha carried a huge bouquet of roses while wearing his Puffyamiumi T shirt, and very tight jeans. Krillen wore a similar outfit, while Goku wore his customary orange gi with the blue T-shirt underneath, despite Chichi's insistence he wear something nicer.
 
"We ran out of food yesterday, and I'm on my way to the market," Chichi whispered to Bunny, who nodded. "Can you please entertain them till I get back?"
 
"You know it's never a problem," said Bunny knowingly as she watched Chichi march in and wave to Gohan.
 
"Come on young man, you STILL have three hours of homework to do!"
 
"But I wanna meet Bulma's friends!" he complained.
 
"You will after you hit the books, young man," said Chichi. "Now March…"
 
"Gee, honey can't he stay?" Goku asked.
 
"Don't get HIM started. I don't care if you and your friends want to drool over Bulma's friends, but you BEHAVE yourselves! I don't want them thinking you're a bunch of drooling fanboys!" Chichi scolded them.
 
"Yes mom," Krillen grinned. Yamucha stepped on his foot.
 
"WHAT was that?" Chichi asked.
 
"Um nothing honey!" Goku chuckled, bustling her out the door as he kissed her goodbye. Mollified, Chichi sighed and walked outside. It would be good to get them out of her house even if just for a few hours. The Z fighters had been making themselves at home the last couple of weeks since Lunch had come down with seasonal allergies and Master Roshi couldn't keep her from sneezing every five seconds.
 
***
 
"Where the @#$#@ is that blue haired serving girl?" their newest houseguest grumbled.
 
"Um, Hey Vegeta, how are ya doing?" Goku asked as the Prince shoved Yamucha out of the way.
 
"Out of my way, weakling," he grouched. "And don't you start bothering my day too, Kakkarot! What the hell are you losers doing here anyway? Or did you decide to dig through the trash bin again?"
 
"Hello to you too, Vegeta," Krillen mumbled. "You're in a bright and sunny mood, aren't you?"
 
"Who asked you, cueball?" he snorted at the bald monk. "And don't tell me… it's a two for one dork sale at the garbage dump, right?"
 
"What crawled up your ass, your Royal Highness?" Yamucha mumbled. "We were invited here, just like you apparently were… but we're leaving at the end of the evening…"
 
"Want to make something of it, wimp?" Vegeta smirked, folding his arms across his chest and glaring directly into Yamucha's eyes.
 
"No thanks. I've got other things to do, thank you…" Yamucha said, straightening his T-shirt and blazer. "Now if you'll excuse me… I'm going to go find where they stashed the beer…"
 
"Oh, there you are honey, didn't Bulma dear tell you that she'd be running a bit later?" Bunny cooed as she waltzed in with several large trays of food. Goku caught one as she stumbled, and Yamucha helped her.
 
"As if I care where that loud mouthed wench is," he mumbled, not loud enough for Bunny to hear. "Where is that daughter of yours anyway? I need to ask her why in Kami's name my ship isn't done…"
 
"Well you could talk to my husband of course… but do sit down, your friends are here…"
 
"They're no friends of mine," Vegeta mumbled. "Excuse me… I don't have time to waste with you losers… unless one of you can tell me where that blue haired woman is…"
 
"Oh, she's out with her friends from the band… they'll be right along! Why don't you sit down and relax!"
 
"I've no time for frivolity," Vegeta snorted as he shoved past everyone. "Kakkarot, where is that loud mouthed friend of yours. Think fast before I try my new move on you or your friends…"
 
"Um, gee Vegeta, she'll be here… I'm sure she'll be pretty glad to see you too," Goku laughed. "And I'm sure she won't mind if you help us eat all this food. There's WAY more than even I can eat…"
 
He gestured to the huge mounds of food that several caterers along with Bunny were setting up. Yamucha winked at one of the girls in her tight minidress as he put the tray down. Goku glanced at he tray of sandwiches he was holding and his stomach rumbled.
 
"Go right ahead, Sonkun dear… eat up… Bulma says you need your energy for fighting the bad guys," Bunny giggled as she walked past him.
 
"Thanks! Thanks so much!" he laughed and carried the entire tray over towards one of the sofas. He plunked down and began to stuff his face while Krillen looked at some of the other foods. Yamucha winked at the catering girls, before catching up to Bunny.
 
"Is everything okay with him… here?" he whispered.
 
"Oh of course! He's very quiet and doesn't ask for much at all…" Bunny said. "Why do you ask?"
 
"Oh, I just wondered if Bulma was okay with him being here and all… he's um… you know," Yamucha whispered.
 
"She's just FINE," Bunny cooed, and Yamucha didn't much care for the wink. Seeing that everyone was ignoring him, Vegeta snorted and walked quickly out the door.
 
"Fine, I'll find her myself, you waistoids," he said. "Stupid weaklings… don't know WHY anyone thinks YOU have a prayer of fighting anything anyway…"
 
"That was an improvement," Krillen said to Goku. "He seemed in a good mood… he didn't threaten to blow you up…"
 
"Yeah, he's settling in okay," Goku said, swallowing half of a roast beef sandwich on rye. He washed it down with half a liter of soda, before wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "I don't think we have to worry…"
 
"I don't like it," Yamucha said. "I'm gonna keep an eye on him, even if you two aren't!"
 
"Don't waste your time," said Piccolo, who had just strode into the room. "I've been keeping an eye on him…"
 
"You don't really HAVE to, but that's nice of you," Goku said. "Besides, in a few months… oops, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone…"
 
"What?" Krillen asked. "Goku you've been acting REALLY weird ever since that purple haired guy showed up and beat the pants off Frieza… what's UP already!"
 
"Um, nothing you need to know, really folks," Goku grinned.
 
"He means it's nothing we need to worry about, and it shouldn't distract us from training," Piccolo grunted. "So forget he said anything… right Goku?"
 
"Right," he grinned.
 
"You two are driving me up the wall. If you won't go after that homicidal maniac than I will!" Yamucha snorted as he rushed out the door. "If he goes looking for Bulma in public… and she gets hurt, you're all responsible…"
 
"Um, I think I'd better go with him and make sure he's okay," said Krillen as he got up and rushed off after Yamucha.
 
"I thought they weren't dating anymore," Goku blinked.
 
"Apparently not, but it seems you earthlings have problems with closure," Piccolo sighed. "Perhaps I should make sure these idiots don't kill each other…"
 
"Aww, relax, Piccolo. They have some Evian water there! You KNOW it's your favorite brand…"
 
"There's no talking to you sometimes," Piccolo grunted in frustration. However he wandered over to where several large tubs of ice held liter bottles of clear water. Picking one up, he twisted the cap off and drained it in one gulp. While Water was all he or other Namekians needed to consume, he secretly loved the fact that fresh clear springwater was so readily available whenever he visited.
***