Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ Vegeta the gatecrasher ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 2
 
"I'm going to find that woman, and give her a piece of my mind," Vegeta mumbled as he left the earth far behind. He sensed the dampened kis of two Z fighters in hot pursuit, and snickered to himself. So that idiot ex boyfriend of hers was still worried. He was secretly glad that she had called it off with him shortly after before that brat from the future showed up, because he was getting mighty sick of the sighs and moans he would hear coming from down the hall. He'd overheard the giggling talk between Chichi and Bulma on the phone, despite his lack of interest, and pieced together the story.
 
As a fighter, Vegeta learned all sorts of dirt about his adversaries. That included spying on everyone whenever he could to learn potential weaknesses. Plus he was bored between training in the GR and sparring with Kakkarot and Piccolo. Bulma had promised to get her father to build him a ship that he could take into space and train there, since he was so 'eager' to get away and concentrate. It included a portable GT trainer, which wouldn't potentially self-destruct.
 
He was looking forwards to getting into space and leaving these losers behind so he could train in peace. Although he would miss that screaming loudmouth that seemed the only person he could match wits with on this planet. Gohan might have proved interesting, but he was a brat. Goku was an embarrassment to the Sayin race despite his great fighting. Piccolo was the only one remotely interesting to tolerate, but he always seemed more interested in spending time with the other fighters. Krillen was someone he had grudging respect for, but the cue ball was always hanging out with the old man and the pig. There was nobody he considered remotely worthy of relating to him. What did he need with 'socializing' anyway unless it revolved around fighting?
 
He sensed Bulma's energy signature. While most humanoids showed a measly 4 or 1 on the energy scale, she did register a faint 2 from time to time. Her intense intelligence put her on his ki scale, at least placing her up to a 5 from her brain activity alone. Not to mention Vegeta had invested time in memorizing her signature so he could pick it out from all the other mites on this third rock from the sun.
 
That looser had flowers with him. Vegeta didn't know why he should remotely CARE, but if the looser got to the blue haired wench before he did, Bulma would be lovesick and incapable of doing anything useful on his ship. The sooner he could leave and train in space, the better for him and the other Z idiots. Though he recalled Bulma saying something about a 'rock band' visiting Capsule Corps, and he knew from watching TV just what THAT was. Erudite entertainment trash that would wreck his concentration, and that of the blue haired wench as well.
 
He spotted the small eating establishment, and hovered above it. While he didn't care if the nosy onlookers spotted him, he hung back to assess the situation. Rarely did he barge in till he had a good idea of what was going on. Through the window he saw her with two other females, stuffing their faces and cackling with those high pitched voices that gave him a headache. Vegeta snorted and levitated gently to the ground. He was dressed in black sweats and a blue tank top, along with sneakers, like some of the stupid native gnats around him. Elbowing his way into the shop he stood to the side, and observed them. Next door he heard the clink of the pachinko machines and yells and whoops from the dunces that wasted their money on games of chance. Not unlike the local bars where he and the other soldiers of Freiza would come to spend shore leave. No matter where you were in the galaxy there were universal constants that existed. Bars, brothels and games of chance for amusement.
 
"Sir, can I help you," asked the waiter.
 
"Mind your own business," Vegeta wanted to say and then stopped himself. "Get me a table, servant…" was what he said quickly instead.
 
"Right this way…"
 
Vegeta sat down at the next booth down where he could have a clear view of the woman. He figured he might as well enjoy some liquid refreshment, figuring it couldn't be worse than the swill he'd tasted on Maruthia, or Exxilon 5. By far the best eateries and restaurants were on planets such as Cygnus 3, and Cestus 2. Rigel had a few good brothels that Zarbon and Dudoria enjoyed, but he much preferred Idsar 7 where the servants waited on royalty hand and foot, and never got in your way.
 
"Get me a milkshake, servant, and fast," he grunted at the waiter, who blinked at the stony stare this dark haired customer was giving him.
 
"Um yes sir," the waiter stammered. Although he was used to dealing with all sorts, this particular customer wasn't one of the easy ones. It would be lucky if he got a tip at all. While he could storm right up and drag the wench kicking and screaming, he didn't want to miss this opportunity to learn more dirt that he could use in his daily battle of wits with her during eating times. He smelled the fruity sickening scent of the other two females sitting with her. Though the purple haired girl looked stronger than most weaklings did, the pink haired trollop was cheaply adorned like the pleasure maidens on Velure Idsar 7. Bulma wore her tight skirt and corporate outfit, with her hair curled up in that hideous mass. Though she was quite attractive for a human he'd not mind taking a ki blast to that mess and convincing her that her hair was far less revolting the way it was when he'd originally seen her. Didn't those baka females know they looked far better with less paint smeared on their faces and less perfume that covered their appealing scent? He had researched that humans had evolved from simians much as the Saiya-jin had, and he couldn't understand WHY they insisted a female was attractive with bleached hair. Dark hair, natural smell, and rounded hips for bearing brats was considered attractive. Not that he'd care MUCH if they could carry a child to term. Not when the incubating child was removed and grown in an invitro tank to maturity and sent out after programming. The concubine pool of the King, from the strongest Saiyan females sired royal children.
 
Now he rolled his eyes at the two female companions who looked like pleasure slaves in his eyes. He might fancy playing with the purple haired one Yumi who seemed physically stronger, whereas the wench Ami was far too delicate. But the one called Bulma was the only remotely interesting female he'd even consider taking as his concubine, and possibly something else.
 
***
"There they are," Yamucha panted, as he dropped down to the sidewalk. Krillen wiped sweat off his bald head and rushed after the baseball player and fellow Z fighter.
 
"Now wait a minute, Yamucha… I don't think it's smart to just bust in there… it doesn't look like anyone's screaming… so maybe…" Krillen said as he grabbed the young man's arm.
 
"Are you nuts? That maniac might level this place! And after Bulma said she had a surprise for us!" Yamucha hissed back. Both men stood in the entryway and glanced over to see Bulma sitting with two other females. Krillen saw blood starting to drip from his friend's nose and wished he was somewhere else.
 
"Better take this, stud," Krillen joked as he shoved a rolled napkin in Yamucha's nose.
 
"Shut up," Yamucha mumbled and straightened his hair. He hoped they wouldn't find the long scar on his cheek a deterrent to him, for they were both delectable. Relieved, he strode over with the bouquet, with Krillen close behind him.
 
"Sir, do you need a table?" asked the waiter.
 
"Oh we're with them," he said, pointing to Bulma's party. Bulma glanced up from her friends, and waved them over.
 
"You guys are early…" she commented. "Girls, you know these two…"
 
"I can't believe I'm finally meeting you," Yamucha grinned as he kissed Ami, then Yumi's hands. He handed them each half of the bouquet of pink roses.
 
"Likewise," said Ami with a giggle.
 
"You've got a mean slide into home plate," Yumi sighed as she reached out with her tomboy side. Yamucha forgot about Krillen who stood there with an annoyed look on his face.
 
"Oh and this is Krillen… you remember the girls, right?" Bulma asked. Sighing with relief he shook either girl's hand and dropped a small bow.
 
"You've been a champion at the junior World Martial arts, right?" asked Yumi. "Good form…"
 
"Um you watch the tournament?" Krillen asked.
 
"Why don't you sit down and join us?" said Ami. Yamucha slid in between her and Bulma, while Krillen moved over to sit on Ami's other side, where he could be by Yumi.
 
"Pleasure of the company of three lovely ladies is always a cause to celebrate," Yamucha winked. Bulma sighed and realized she was still an object of the minor flirting even if they were not seeing each other anymore. It just didn't work out. Yet she had a gut feeling as he draped one arm around her shoulder, and the other around Ami's that he was getting other ideas. Yumi turned all her attention to Krillen, who was finding it difficult to form coherent words while staring at Ami. He was quite glad when Yumi nudged him.
 
"Um yeah… what was that?" he asked.
 
"Who did you study under? That old guy and that pig with the roving hand?"
 
"Um yeah… that's Master Roshi's school, but um… don't worry, we'll keep them away," Krillen grinned, and Yumi gave him a good-natured dig in the ribs.
 
"So, free hand or weapons?" she asked. "I prefer weapons myself but…"
 
"You study martial arts?" Krillen asked. "Oh duh, sorry…"
 
"Not many people know it, but I've thrown a few dweebs over my shoulder when they piss me off," she grinned. Krillen relaxed, seeing that she was closer to the tomboy end of the spectrum. Also, he was annoyed that Yamucha was monopolizing the conversation with Yumi.
 
Bulma felt Yamucha's arm around her shoulder but didn't care for the way he kept interrupting Krillen's statements to Ami. She had fallen under her ex boyfriend's spell, but Bulma was unsuccessfully trying to lift Yamucha's hand from around her shoulders. "Hey, excuse me a minute," she said, trying to pry his arm off her.
 
"Don't leave, sweetie, there's plenty of me to go around," he teased. "Besides, I came here to see you as well as your lovely friends…"
 
"We're not dating anymore, that's what we said," Bulma whispered in his ear.
 
"So? Can't a guy be friendly with one of his oldest friends?" he winked back. "Besides… there's three of you and two of us, and I don't want you feeling lonely…"
 
"Excuse me," she said, and tried to get out from under his arm. "Keep your hand to yourself unless you want to have it removed!"
 
"Sorry! I was just hoping you'd relax a bit!" he huffed.
 
"Are you okay?" asked Ami.
 
"I'm fine, I need some fresh air," she said.
 
"So you finally admit that you're wasting time with this foolishness? Took you long enough…" someone laughed. Bulma almost jumped three feet into the air when she spun around and saw Vegeta standing there with a smirk beside her.
 
"What are YOU doing here?" Yamucha asked.
 
"Uh hi, Vegeta… fancy seeing you here," said Krillen, swallowing hard.
 
"The spaceship's not done, and I'm getting tired of waiting," Vegeta said matter of factly. "I'm not going to waste another day waiting for you to stop playing with your friends while I need to be training, girl. Honestly, are you…"
 
"Excuse me, but I've got company," Bulma hissed up at him. "Do you MIND?"
 
"Why they'd want to waste time with someone like you is beyond me, but there's no accounting for taste," said Vegeta with a grin.
 
"Hey why don't you go get lost!" Yamucha started.
 
"Excuse me buddy, but do we KNOW you?" Yumi snapped up at him.
 
"You're a feisty one," he commented. "Surprising considering who she usually wastes her time with…"
 
"Uh Yumi, don't piss him off," whispered Krillen. "You wouldn't like him when he's…"
 
"Get out of here, will you?" Yamucha snorted.
 
"Excuse us for a moment," Bulma held up her hand, and shoved Yamucha back. "Vegeta, these are my friends and I'm not going to have you making an ass of yourself, so would you MIND stepping outside for a minute and telling me WHY you're following me?"
 
"Sense at last," he smirked.
 
"Hey, I don't know who you think you are but…"
 
"Excuse us," said Bulma as she got up and grabbed a very amused Vegeta's arm. "All right, let's go outside and talk… but no blowing anything up!"
 
"Um Vegeta, relax… we're just having a drink… why don't you join us?" Krillen said nervously, trying to shut Yumi up.
 
"You haven't introduced us to your hunky friend," said Ami as she tried to smooth the ruffled feathers.
 
"I could care less what you think of me, girl. I'm not talking to you, so be quiet," Vegeta said sharply to her.
 
"Excuse me!" Ami snorted.
 
"AHEM!" Bulma said. "Outside, now!"
 
"As you wish, wench," Vegeta snickered, grabbing her hand and pulling her out after him.
 
"Um… Bulma are you sure?" asked Yamucha. "Wait…"
 
"Who asked you, weakling. Go play with your trollops, and mind your place," Vegeta snorted at Yamucha. Krillen got up and caught his sleeve as he marched Bulma out of the bar and into the street.
 
"What crawled up HIS ass?" asked Yumi. "If he wasn't so rude he'd be worth jumping…"
 
"Don't tell me THAT's her boyfriend," Ami groaned.
 
"Excuse me girls… I need to…"
 
"You need to sit down, and let Bulma handle it," Krillen hissed, grabbing his sleeve. "She can handle him, remember? And we can see them through the window. Besides if he tries anything you know Piccolo and Goku are gonna kick his butt!"
 
"Is she NUTS? Who the HELL is that?" asked Ami. "He looks dangerous!"
 
"Got a mouth on him, just like her," Yumi chuckled.
 
"Are you insane, he's rude!" Ami groaned.
 
"So am I, but you keep ME around," said Yumi. "Kami, he may be a jerk but he's SMOKIN'!"
 
Yamucha glanced anxiously out the window, and bit his tongue with resentment. While he and Bulma had mutually decided to end their relationship and see other people, he still was fiercely protective of her. Not to mention this was a guy who killed hundreds of people, and he was staying in Bulma's home. If Goku hadn't stopped him he would have marched over and demanded the Sayin prince be evicted the first night he'd used the GT.
***
"You embarrassed the HELL out of me in there! What is your problem!" Bulma snapped at him.
 
"I'm not the idiot who chooses to hang out with trollops and losers," Vegeta shrugged. "You should thank me that I'm gracing your presence with my company…"
 
"Don't flatter yourself, veg head. Those are two of my oldest and dearest friends, who are going to spend dinner at my house tonight, so you'd better behave, or I'm taking the graviton stabilizer out!"
 
"You mean I'm going to have to put up with their racket while I'm trying to train? Have you lost your senses, girl?" Vegeta said, with a look of disapproval that she had come to know all too well.
 
"Some of us have what's called a LIFE! When I agreed to let you live with us, I didn't agree to have you make a royal ASS out of yourself to my friends!"
 
"Your fault for inviting me, so don't whine, wench," he chuckled. "I'm not the one who has such a poor taste in friends."
 
"You don't have any friends, so what the hell do you care? Now what the hell are you doing anyway? What's wrong NOW?"
 
"Your stupid excuse for a scientist father is not working fast enough on my ship. If you're so quick to be rid of me you'd be there trying to get it working, and not wasting my time with idle frivolities with those prostitute friends of yours…"
 
"Shut the @#$ up you! They're NOT prostitutes they're ROCK stars!"
 
"Same difference to your culture. I've seen them on TV… I simply say what I see, wench," he smirked.
 
"You are NOT going to ruin MY visit, dork brain!" she half growled. "You'll just have to wait!"
 
"It will be your fault if I continue to be such of an annoyance," he shrugged. "Considering you're the only one on this primitive pebble who has any inkling of how a spaceship works. Even though your mind is hopelessly scattered with other useless shit. I suggest you come back and work your hardest if you wish to waste your time in peace."
 
"Sooner we get you into space, the better. You win. But I'm not going to spend all night doing this," she growled. "You'll have to wait till tomorrow!"
 
"I've waited far long enough, wench," he said as he grabbed her up and threw her over his shoulder.
 
"Hey you jerk, put me down!" she yelled as he suddenly shot into the sky. Bulma screamed as she grabbed onto his waist and saw the ground fast dropping out from under them. Soon the very people were mere ants wandering around what looked like a hot wheel racetrack with toy houses.
 
***