Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and Found: Royal Line Blues ❯ The Lost Space Ship ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 4
 
Vegeta climbed in after her, and watched her reaction. Blue eyes widened at the completeness of the sleek interior. Controls that seemed almost as advanced as the Namekian ship met her gaze. She slid her hands over the smooth cold metal of the control panels. The substance was halfway between plastic and light aluminum, while the ship was clearly lit under its own power. All the controls were in English, and she blinked at the familiarity.
 
"It's capable of speeds far greater than your best Capsule ships," he smirked. "Really surprising… all it needs is a GT and it's the perfect training vessel… I only requite your cooperation to install it here. Or else suffer my encouragement and kick you r idiot father in the pants…"
 
"Enough. Let's capsule this sucker and get it back to the lab," she said, running hands through her hair. "I just can't believe that… how would they… how did you know?"
 
"It was a surprise. But once I get this running I won't have to listen to your infernal whining, or those stupid fools getting in my way. The sooner the better for both our sakes," he said.
 
"You're not planning on bailing on us, are you?" she asked nervously. "I mean with a ship like this… you could just leave Earth… right?"
 
"You aren't as stupid as you sometimes seem, girl," he laughed. "But no fear. I'm not going to pass up the chance to pummel Kakkarot. This world might be hopelessly primitive, but I will not leave till I'm ready."
 
"Where would you go?" she asked.
 
"Anywhere I damn well please, woman," he said quietly. Bulma felt a choking emptiness in the pit of her stomach that had not been there before.
 
"What's to stop you from leaving us? Judging from whom you are, you could easily just get in this ship and leave us alone to our fate," Bulma said. "I guess that's what I'd do if I was…"
 
"I don't run away from a fight, idiot," he snorted, as he wheeled on her. "You think I'm just going to run with my tail between my legs and miss the chance to fight a challenging battle?"
 
"Good question," she said quietly. "It's just that I thought you… well… that you'd stay and fight because…"
 
"I owe you something, is that it?" he said. "Well make no mistake; a Saiyajin Prince pays his debts regardless of your opinion which means nothing to me. You'll be compensated for your services. I'll not blow up this planet when I leave, and all of you will remain alive when I'm gone…"
 
"Gee, thanks a lot," Bulma muttered. "I just have one question."
 
"What is it?" he asked, irritated but not as irritated, as she would imagine he'd be.
 
"Why not stay on earth? Unless you have some place to go?"
 
"I go where I wish to, and don't you forget it!" he snapped. "Besides, what do you care whether I stay or go?
 
"I do care," she said, stamping her foot. "Dammit Vegeta, whether you like it or not, there are people on this miserable planet as you so call it who give a shit about you! When are you going to realize not everyone hates you?"
 
"They should," he said quietly. "Don't you? Not that I CARE, but they SHOULD be afraid of me…"
 
"They are… but I'm not afraid of you… I'm afraid for you," Bulma said quietly.
 
"And why would THAT be?" he asked, grabbing her arms and turning her to face him.
 
"Because I care about what happens to you, that's why," Bulma said quietly.
 
"Oh, so you thought you'd take the poor alien under your wing and show him some kindness and domesticate him?" he said, curling his lip in disgust.
 
"Why should you care why?" Bulma shot back. "It means nothing to you, right? Let's just get this damn thing back home and we'll be rid of you all the more… why should you give a shit about anyone but yourself? I mean after all you don't need us, right?"
 
"You're correct, woman. I don't need you," he said. "But that doesn't' mean I don't WANT something from you."
 
"Huh?"
 
"You foolish sentimental creatures and your emotional attachments. We aren't as different as you might think girl. I don't NEED anything when I can take what I want, you see?" Vegeta said.
 
"And what does THAT mean?" she asked, trying to turn away, but felt his grip increasing on her. "Vegeta, just let me go… you're hurting me dammit!"
 
He loosened his grasp, and slid his hands down to squeeze hers. "I'm not entirely ungrateful, woman," he said quietly.
 
"So?"
 
"I want something from you, you nitwit," he said. "Listen to me…"
 
"What could you possibly want from me?" she asked, shaking her head.
 
"Your attention first. As you well know, I could care less about the other fools save beating Kakkarot. But there are some wants that a Prince has. And they involve more than just a spaceship, female. On this miserable planet there are very few that have my grudging respect. And unfortunately time is not on my side…"
 
"Vegeta, spit it out, already," she grumbled.
 
"I will if you stop interrupting me, dammit," he snorted. "Now, as I was saying, there is something I want. Not just the GT, but something else. And that something is necessary for the survival of my race…"
 
"It's just you and Goku… and Gohan," she said. "Are you trying to tell me you want a girlfriend or something? Is that it? You want someone so you can have a family…"
 
"In your primitive terms," he said, with a slight flush. "Yes. And I require your assistance, as a female in obtaining a suitable candidate for this purpose. And it does NOT involve your stupid ideas about fixing me up with those prostitute friends…"
 
"Don't you dare keep trashing my friends you jerk!" she shouted at him. "Let me go will you!"
 
"So you will not assist me then?" he asked slowly.
 
"You're not making much sense! Why would you want an idiot like ME to help YOU with a decision like that?" she said sarcastically.
 
"Because out of all the backward frail creatures on this fourth rate planet circling a fifth rate star, you've got SOME spark of intelligence worth my notice," he returned. Bulma blinked in shock at his left-handed compliment. Had he just called her intelligent?
 
"So you do think I'm more than just a loud mouthed female weakling?" she teased. "Why Vegeta I wouldn't know it or you've just given me a compliment!"
 
"Don't think too much of it," he mumbled. "Will you help me or not?"
 
"Um I'll have to think," she said. "It's just that it's… I didn't expect you to want to…"
 
"You thought me incapable of considering that I wished to procreate?" he said with an amused smirk. "How foolish you are! Even your addled brain can surely reason that it's logical that a Prince of Saiyins would wish to continue his line with a suitable heir! Especially when he alone is responsible for carrying on the existence of his species. And since immortality has been denied me, it's only fitting I have a suitable mate for the purposes of breeding…"
 
"Oh, so you want me to pick you a wife? I mean mate?" Bulma started to giggle. "This is just too funny!"
 
"I don't find it at ALL funny," he growled. "You should be lucky I'm even considering anyone on this shit pile to be worth putting my DNA into…"
 
"Whoa, studly, I get your message…. It's just that it's all so sudden…"
 
"You humans are one of the few races that seem capable of breeding with Saiyins, due to our common simian genetics," Vegeta grudgingly admitted. "So logically since Kakkarot has spawned that half breed fighter successfully…"
 
"Hey, Gohan's not some specimen you can insult! He's a very powerful fighter…" she yelled at him. "I'm getting SICK of you dissing my friends, Vegeta. I don't care how powerful you are, you've got no right to…"
 
She stopped her tirade, realizing how stupid it was to piss him off. He could easily kill her with a squeeze of his fingers. Vegeta however smirked and chuckled as he let her go, shaking his head. "You've got quite a mouth on you, idiot. Be glad that you're amusing me, or I'll kill you where I stand…"
 
"You would kill any one of us, wouldn't you," Bulma choked, shaking as his hands gripped her arms. "Shit… I…"
 
"I wouldn't kill you, woman," he said as he tipped her chin. "Who would I argue with?"
 
"That's… a surprise," she shivered, feeling his hands giving her shoulders a gentle squeeze. "I guess… I mean… you do care whether I live or die?"
 
"Perhaps I do, human," he said, lifting an eyebrow. "But don't make anything more of it, than it is."
 
"I'm not Vegeta, believe me," she swallowed hard, feeling that band of tightness release a bit. She reached up and caught hold of his hands, squeezing them tightly. She hated the tears that were leaking out of her eyes, and heard an amused grunt from him as she squeezed her eyelids shut.
 
"We have a lot of work to do, girl," he said quietly as he released her. He tossed something in front of her, and she recognized the Capsule Corps logo on the small box.
 
"Right… we have to get this back to the mansion," she said quietly.
 
"Get out and encapsulate the ship. I'm starving and I need food," he said as he climbed out. Bulma followed him, and tried not to stumble down the latter. Sighing, she encapsulated the ship and its platform, and then placed it in her purse.
 
Vegeta reached down and picked her up, walking out of the cave with her. Within seconds they were streaking back towards her home. She felt his arms tighten around her as they shot across the expanse of sea that stretched between the island and the mainland. Feeling weary and emotionally exhausted, she couldn't help but nod off and lay her head on his chest. Vegeta grunted with minimal interest, and secured his grip on his cargo.
***
While he carried Bulma in his arms he reflected on his situation. Vegeta-sei was more like Earth in some ways. Far different than the nightmare of Frieza's army. Some considered the Saiyajin a prude, for he preferred to fight instead of screw. Sometimes he took a female that was a prisoner and kept her for his own purposes. He never shared with anyone else, and was careful not to breed with her, for that would be unfit of a Prince. Only the most suitable maidens would bear his children. Since he was the last of his kind other than Kakkarot, he had been on the lookout for a possible breeding partner to serve as mate. None of the weakling females on Earth had any interest to him because they were too passive or too stupid. Not knowing in the least way to properly pleasure a Prince as the educated concubines would, or the female concubines he'd educated on his own. There had been only two, and both had been killed when Frieza found them, or the Ginyu had stolen them.
 
He wasn't getting any younger since his quest for immortality had failed, and this loud mouthed, simian girl had pleasant enough features and the only intelligence that came close to anything capable of understanding his native technology. If only he could properly train her to keep her mouth shut and obey him, he might consider her the best chance of continuing his race. Kakkarot would not be permitted to be the sole progenitor of his race. Only a proper female could continue the house of Vegeta. Why her? He had no idea save the logical reasons, and the illogical needs to dominate and subjugate the only human foolish enough to stand up to him and amuse his boredom.
 
While concubines were used for pleasure, only the best and strongest females were selected as the breeding mates. Naturally he would have his pick of the selection, and make his choice for the pair bonding. Three classes of females existed in his mind. The prostitute concubines used for sexual pleasure, the soldier elite, and the breeding mates. To breed was considered much different from sexual release. Commoners would either have chosen life mates or satisfy themselves with concubines. Casual sex was frowned on unless it was specifically with pleasure concubines that did that and only that. Only Royal family members could have both concubines and a chosen life mate to exclusively breed with. Those not mated would seek pleasure in exclusive concubines. Commoners mated for life and usually found outlets for their sexual needs and mating needs with their chosen one.
 
He was far too young to even think about much when sold to Frieza. Frieza's men were discouraged to waste their time having foolish things like life mates. You were encouraged to take your sexual pleasure in the female prisoners or the whores in the pleasure colonies. To bond with fellow fighters was not uncommon, as homosexual relationships were sometimes between soldiers. But mixed sex fraternization was considered a weakness. Nobody needed a mate. Females were eighteen fellow fighters or outlets for sexual frustration. And outlets for sexual frustration were full time pleasers.
 
"Share and share alike," Dudoria had said when they took Jenlynn, a pretty dark haired thing from Alpha Centauri. She was only 18 cycles standard, and she had been treated well by the Prince, hidden for five years in his quarters. When Vegeta had found her she had been raped brutally and was barely alive because the entire Ginyu force had their way with her. Out of mercy he'd killed her, and swore that they'd pay for touching what was his exclusive property. She might have even proved strong enough to bear the children he'd wanted. No Saiyajin females existed, and there were few compatible species.
 
Humans were compatible, though weak physically. Yet Gohan was a half-breed of great power, which pissed Vegeta off. How in the Galaxy did this happen? Kakkarot mating with a lowly tailless simian, hardly an equal to a Saiyajin, to produce a powerful warrior. Gohan was extremely powerful, and he had Vegeta's grudging respect, having fought alongside with him and Krillen and the blue haired wench. She was quite a pretty thing, and had the requisite intelligence, even if she was not strong in body.
 
Perhaps Bulma could help him find a suitable female, Vegeta reflected. Or else she was the obvious answer he'd sought since the reality of his exile caught up with him. What had he to lose, after all? None of the others were even close to being worth his notice, yet the thought of not having the female around him made him feel annoyed. Would he actually care if she lived or died? Yes. But only because she was of some use to him. If she was willing, she might be the one female he chose to sire his heir with, and continue the royal house of Vegeta. Kakkarot would not be the only one to seed the world with his spawn when Vegeta had every responsibility to see his genes survived. No, Bulma would have to do, unless she had someone else. After all, she was rich, owned much property, plus she was beautiful. In many ways she was equivalent to a princess, although she had a loud mouth and a low class attitude that would shame a blue blood like him.
 
Father would not approve, but Vegeta didn't give a rat's tail. His dear father had sold him into slavery to a tyrant. Now he was stuck with no kingdom and a title that meant little to anyone but himself and those he made fear him. Well he could easily change that, and conquer a kingdom to rule on this world. It was primitive, but the species had the capability for violence. The only sticking point was Kakkarot, and that strange purple haired freak with the powers that should be rightfully his. How dare he surpass Vegeta? This indignity would not be tolerated. No, he would have his heirs and show them all that there was life in the Royal House yet.
 
"You'll be mine," he mumbled, holding Bulma closely to him. It seemed easy to think of her as a means to an end. Perhaps he'd have some fun in the process of educating her. This time he would share her with no one. And nobody would keep him from what he desired when he achieved his end goal.
***
"Wouldn't ya know it," Krillen shook his head as they approached the island. They saw a familiar figure swoosh by them. Ami screamed and clung to Yamucha's neck while Yumi shook her fist.
 
"Stupid son of a bitch watch where you're flying!"
 
"That was Vegeta!" Yamucha gasped. "C'mon Krillen…"
 
"Damn wait up!" Krillen called. "Hey, Yamucha…"
 
Both men turned tail and sped after the Prince of Saiyins. They streaked at their top speed, just barely keeping pace with him. Vegeta growled under his breath as he wove an intricate pattern to throw the nosy idiots off his business. Against his chest Bulma moaned and moved in her sleep. Both kis kept just a few meters distant, locked to his trail.
 
"Mind your own damn business you morons," Vegita mumbled. "Let's see if you can keep up with the Prince…"
 
"Look OUT for that tree!" Yumi shouted at Krillen. He dipped down just barely grazing the forest in pursuit of Vegeta while Yamucha sped ahead.
 
"Come back here!" Yamucha shouted.
 
"I'm getting sick," Ami groaned. "I can't…"
 
"Better slow down Yamucha… I think they're headed back to Capsule Corp.…" Krillen urged as Yamucha narrowly avoided a collision with a nearby building.
 
"Damn him what's he up to!" Yamucha mumbled as he corrected his course. Ami whimpered against him and he stifled his noise of frustration.
 
"Let's give it up already. Whoever this vegetable person is, he's obviously pissed to have us following him… and he had Bulma with him, so why don't we just let it ride?" Yumi suggested.
 
"I'm with you," said Krillen. "C'mon, we aren't gonna accomplish ANYTHING chasing that guy. Let's talk to Bulma later after they get back…"
 
"Why was he taking her to that island?" Yamucha asked.
 
"Who cares," Yumi said. "Maybe they wanted to be alone together…"
 
"Are we still alive?" Ami whimpered. Yamucha slowed down, while Krillen coasted alongside him to match his speed so they could carry on a normal conversation.
 
"You can open your eyes… sweetheart, I'm sorry about that," Yamucha said, kissing her forehead. She blushed and felt less ill.
 
"Is Bulma okay? I could swear I saw her as that whatever it was flew past…" Ami shivered.
 
"She's fine. I don't think she needs our help," Yumi grinned.
 
"Shut up, I can't believe what you're implying… no way she's going with that guy…"
 
"I agree," Yamucha mumbled. "I swear if he's hurt her I'll…"
 
"Relax… let's just get the girls to the party ASAP, if you don't mind," Krillen suggested. Ami turned a considerable shade of green, holding her mouth as Yamucha struggled to fly as straight as possible.